[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles fans - fearful of dark ages?

xMRogers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know there's a heated debate around here lately on whether or not Kurt Warner is HOF worthy, right?

I think that's a stupid debate... he's a HOF no question, IMO. And Donovan has more yards, more TDs, less INTs at 31, Warner is 37. So if he plays another 5 years, you're telling me he doesn't have a chance?

Agree, but you don't give up big draft picks for QB of the future....you give them up for chance to win a SB right now. I do agree no one is giving up a 1st, but he's not going for anything like the Moss special of a 4th. Predict a 2 and 4, possibly 2 and 5

Of course, now that I've had a day to digest, when he leads us to 5 straight wins and the strangest playoff spot you ever saw then a superbowl, he'll be right back in Philly like he should

I disagree, someone might give up a first. Shockey got a 2nd and a 5th, I think McNabb could get more.

I think that's a stupid debate... he's a HOF no question, IMO.

And Donovan has more yards, more TDs, less INTs at 31, Warner is 37.

How about we add World Championships and Super Bowl MVP's to the equation. And also percentage of career starts that resulted in 300 yard passing games.

Oh, and by the end of this season, Warner will more than likely have more yards than Chunky Boy so there goes that.

Eagles get at least a 2nd for McNabb...

+1

I think they get a 2nd & 4th, especially if its the Bears and Vikings upping the ante on each other.. neither wants the other divisional-foe to get a QB that could be the difference for 2-3 years.

if they do get a 1st, they'll have 3 next year: their own, Carolina's & the one coming from Mcnabb. Could make a nice package to move up and get an impact OL.

I have to disagree ... yes he plays QB but he will not be anybody's QB of the future ... he is a stop gap measure. I don't see any team giving up a 1st for a stop gap probably not a 2nd.

Yep, he'll be stop-gap...and they're not worth anything....just like Warner and Favre this year. :wacko:

there couldn't be a better year than this upcoming offseason for the Eagles to argue to suitors that a QB with 3-4 solid years left can take a team over the top into the playoffs. All they'd have to do is point to the Jets and Arizona.

+1

I think they get a 2nd & 4th, especially if its the Bears and Vikings upping the ante on each other.. neither wants the other divisional-foe to get a QB that could be the difference for 2-3 years.

if they do get a 1st, they'll have 3 next year: their own, Carolina's & the one coming from Mcnabb. Could make a nice package to move up and get an impact OL.

I'm thinking the Cardinals could make a move for McNabb and let Warner go as they haven't made themselves clear as to what Warner's situation is there....and Leinart won't cut it...

McNabb loves it out in AZ, the Cardinals could use it as a PR move with such a big name in McNabb....not to mention how well he's done with TO....I mean the Cardinals have a TO and Randy Moss...and Breaston in the slot...

McNabb would be a perfect fit there and might put up better numbers than Warner...not to mention Warner's age...

edit: I'd like to add how much McNabb is also in the wrong system...he's not built for short, accurate passes in the WCO...he's built for a wide open pass system and the Cardinals could benefit from this deal up until he throws up in the Superbowl on them...

Edited by Avernus

How about we add World Championships and Super Bowl MVP's to the equation. And also percentage of career starts that resulted in 300 yard passing games.

Oh, and by the end of this season, Warner will more than likely have more yards than Chunky Boy so there goes that.

I love the clip, lol... .but anyway, Warner had a young Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce in his prime... now he has Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin, arguably the two best receivers in the game. McNabb had Todd Pinkston and Greg Lewis!! There's also the consistency thing - Donovan has been doing this for the past decade while Warner had his success in spurts.

Again, I'm not saying McNabb is in today, but you can't tell me he doesn't deserve a shot if he plays a few more years at a high level.

Again, I'm not saying McNabb is in today, but you can't tell me he doesn't deserve a shot if he plays a few more years at a high level.

How about they only allow players in who know what happens if the game is tied at the end of OT?

The Eagles are very close to being a Superbowl contender.

Get rid of Reid and McNabb and replace them with competent people. Superbowl 44 is yours.

Except they don't have a competent running back with Westbrook and Buckhalter hurt, they don't have a FB, their offensive line hasn't been nearly as good in years past, and their receivers can barely create separation.

Those two have been bad the past few weeks, but they are also the figureheads and scapegoats for a plethora of problems.

Edited by thenflblog

Yep, he'll be stop-gap...and they're not worth anything....just like Warner and Favre this year. :wacko:

there couldn't be a better year than this upcoming offseason for the Eagles to argue to suitors that a QB with 3-4 solid years left can take a team over the top into the playoffs. All they'd have to do is point to the Jets and Arizona.

Favre had a nice season last year, McNabb looks freakin lost.

Except they don't have a competent running back with Westbrook and Buckhalter hurt, they don't have a FB, their offensive line hasn't been nearly as good in years past, and their receivers can barely create separation.

Those two have been bad the past few weeks, but they are also the figureheads and scapegoats for a plethora of problems.

Eagles have two 1st rounders and maybe a 3rd after trading McNabb....we'll have plenty of opportunity to address the RB position....as well as Dawk's replacement...

trading McNabb could be an outstanding move...

Favre had a nice season last year, McNabb looks freakin lost.

Favre had Jennings and Driver, and a rising rushing attack with Ryan Grant. McNabb has Lewis, Baskett and the rookie, and an injured Westbrook.

Eagles are 3rd in the league in dropped passes....many of those critical.

Only over the last two games has McNabb been, well, flat-out poor. He was the 9th-rated paser going into Week 10.

I don't think McNabb's undoing is completely his own fault...but he does need to play better.

Favre had Jennings and Driver, and a rising rushing attack with Ryan Grant. McNabb has Lewis, Baskett and the rookie, and an injured Westbrook.

Eagles are 3rd in the league in dropped passes....many of those critical.

Only over the last two games has McNabb been, well, flat-out poor. He was the 9th-rated paser going into Week 10.

I don't think McNabb's undoing is completely his own fault...but he does need to play better.

receivers have always dropped McNabb's passes, but he has no touch and sometimes throws a bullet screen pass....everything has to be a bullet by him it seems and he rarely puts touch on the ball...

receivers have always dropped McNabb's passes, but he has no touch and sometimes throws a bullet screen pass....everything has to be a bullet by him it seems and he rarely puts touch on the ball...

Agreed. he rarely ever gives his recievers the ball in route. his passes at his RB's feet also drive me crazy sometimes.