[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Vick was out today and you owned an NFL team...

Jrick35

But all the reports are saying that he turned in a guilty plea on the state charges so he could get the lighter sentence and thereby hasten his return to the NFL. I just really can't imagine that the NFL wants him. Although I say that while knowing that Pacman Jines has just returned to the Cowboys.

But all the reports are saying that he turned in a guilty plea on the state charges so he could get the lighter sentence and thereby hasten his return to the NFL. I just really can't imagine that the NFL wants him. Although I say that while knowing that Pacman Jines has just returned to the Cowboys.

First Goodell would address any suspension and then he'd have to reapply for reinstatement. Since he has an indefinite suspension they don't have to let him in.

Since he admitted killing and laughing at dogs being killed protests from even regular people are not something the NFL will not want to tackle in my opinion.

I don't see him ever playing again. Why would the NFL even want him? Would anyone trade Matt Ryan for him?

I'd give him a look. He's paid his debt to society, and what Pacman Jones has done in my opinion is much worse but he's in the league... He's responsible for a human being paralyzed from the chest down, and has had several more incidents, but he's been reinstated again.

As far as talent goes, I think you guys are a bit off base by saying he sucks. He's never going to put up 30 passing TD's and have a high QB rating, but he has shown that he can win games. I think he would absolutely excel in the spread offense that KC has been using lately. Wherever he goes would also see a massive uptick in rushing yards as well.

First Goodell would address any suspension and then he'd have to reapply for reinstatement. Since he has an indefinite suspension they don't have to let him in.

Since he admitted killing and laughing at dogs being killed protests from even regular people are not something the NFL will not want to tackle in my opinion.

I don't see him ever playing again. Why would the NFL even want him? Would anyone trade Matt Ryan for him?

1. He let Pacman back in.

2. At his previous hearings, Vick had hundreds of PETA members protesting. At the last hearing there were 8. Most logical people will look at the time he has spent and realize that he has paid his debt to society.

3. Because he's talented and still a playmaker. Who said anything about trading Matt Ryan for him? A team that has issues at quarterback would be foolish to not give him a look. He won't be demanding a high salary, and Vick would be a hell of a backup imo.

1. He let Pacman back in.

one word why I can see him NOT being allowed back in the NFL

BETTING

I believe that was part of his deal, that he had to admit to the betting aspect of the dog fighting

Edited by keggerz

As an owner I couldn't see bringing the negative PR to my team. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pay millions to a convicted felon just out of jail. When investing that much coin in an individual, it would have to be someone I think would represent my company well.

I don't think he's a game changing talent to overlook any of the above.

Let's ignore the fact that he sucks as a QB and wouldn't add a whole lot to most teams at that position.

The NFL is a hugh business and the owners understand that very well. It's why there is a very watchful eye on things like performance enhancing substances and excessive (and stupid) celebrations, right down to such mundane things as wearing socks properly. Because the NFL is so mindful of its image, I would have a difficult time believing that the league would want any team to take Vick back on. The PR blizzard would be a nightmare and it would undoubtably alienate a significant number of fans at a time when the overall fan base will have a much more difficult time purchasing tickets.

I also think we'll see Vick sue the NFL if he is not allowed to play.

yes i would. the guys has some talent. would sign him to an escalating deal. plus the guys has paid for his crime. there are far worse people still playing in the league.

RIIIIIGHT1 Ya know. Sometimes "Sorry" just isn't enough. You "pay your debt to society" but it doesn't mean that society has to forget who you are and what you did.

He is the dregs of humanity and I am sure he has learned well while in prison. :wacko:

I'm going for the "chewing glass option" sited above!

Let's ignore the fact that he sucks as a QB and wouldn't add a whole lot to most teams at that position.

The NFL is a hugh business and the owners understand that very well. It's why there is a very watchful eye on things like performance enhancing substances and excessive (and stupid) celebrations, right down to such mundane things as wearing socks properly. Because the NFL is so mindful of its image, I would have a difficult time believing that the league would want any team to take Vick back on. The PR blizzard would be a nightmare and it would undoubtably alienate a significant number of fans at a time when the overall fan base will have a much more difficult time purchasing tickets.

I also think we'll see Vick sue the NFL if he is not allowed to play.

That's true and Goodell has been careful in his wording on any suspension. He is allowed to apply for reinstatement. After he gets out I figure he'll be suspended a year. That may take us to late 2010.

If he is re instated and no team signs him I doubt there is much he can do. He would be allowed to play. If Al Davis still around would he sign him?

I agree, obviously, that Vick should not get another chance to play in the NFL but then why was Pacman Jones re-instated?

And for that matter why was Lawrence Taylor inducted into the HOF?

It seems that some players get byes on their behavior while others get crucified.

Would I sign him? Shoot, if I had the money/power of an NFL owner, I'd hire a couple thugs to grab Vick's punk @ss when he gets out the joint and put him in a basement with some "trained" thugs/fighters with whom I would "bet" on whether they could break his bones with their bare hands.

"Hey, Killa, I got 10 large that says you cant bust one of his arms within 2 minutes. Prove me wrong."

Seriously, I wouldnt want anything to do with him. The League should ban him forever, too. Just like they should have done with Adam Jones. Until Goodell starts taking careers away from some of these scumbags, its never going to hit home with them that their behavior is not acceptable. When he reinstated Jones, he basically told all the lowlifes in the League to go ahead and do what they want because even if they get caught, they'll get their appeal and likely get multiple chances to come back and screw up again.

When it comes to certain things, not everyone deserves a second chance and certainly not third or fourth chances. Off-field violence against other people or animals is one of those things IMO.