[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bo Scaife

Jumbie

Had to decide between Witten and Scaife myself today. Huddle rankings/projections lean towards Scaife, but I ended up going with Witten, simply because I think the Cowboys' game has a better chance of being close (and Dallas needing to throw the ball)... at least past the first quarter, at which point Tennessee has ZERO need to throw.

The thing about TE's is that it's pretty much a complete guessing game each week. There are less than a handful of TE's who are productive every single week... In fact, this year there has been one... Gonzalez. All the rest have had severe ups and downs. Witten was great until he got hurt. Daniels was very solid until Schaub got hurt. Winslow and Gates haven't exactly been lights out, at least not consistently. Heck... Billy Miller has actually been one of the more consistent TE's in the league this year, other than Gonzo.

It's a "your guess is as good as mine" process when it comes to picking TE's each week. Scaife has had about one or two good weeks this year, so if you started him based on the Huddle projecting 50 yards or whatever, you should have thought about it a little bit more... He's had more "bust" games than productive ones. Against the Lions, it's really not at all a surprise that they don't need to throw to him.

Huddle kind of whiffed on that one.

And, yes, when you pay for a site, you are allowed to be critical

I think DMD was expected the Lions to play like a professional team today. He definitely whiffed on that one. :wacko:

Occassionally Tennessee has used Crumpler more than Scaife but knowing when is a tough call. They haven't been very predictable.

Edited by Randall

If you expect them to be right everytime than there is no site for you.

No. But, I don't have the time to do all of the research, as I have a JOB. So, when it's a toss-up on who to start, I tend to defer to the experts at the Huddle, who get paid by all of us to do this. When they whiff, I can say so.

I picked Scaife over Shockey but after the game started 14-0 I knew that was a mistake on my part I should have gone Shockey knowing that unless Scaife got an early TD he wasn't getting much. I whiffed on this one as well. At least I started Bironas in 3 leauges

No. But, I don't have the time to do all of the research, as I have a JOB. So, when it's a toss-up on who to start, I tend to defer to the experts at the Huddle, who get paid by all of us to do this. When they whiff, I can say so.

I'm a Scaife owner too and Crumpler has done better once or twice. You have to know there is that risk if you start him.

I'm a Scaife owner too and Crumpler has done better once or twice. You have to know there is that risk if you start him.

If I had the time to research the Titan's TE situation, I probably should have known that. But, that's my point...I don't have that kind of time. The Huddle guys do. Did they even mention Crumpler? No. So, I guess that you know more than they.

This is not a big deal. I think you get my point.

Edited by Jumbie

If I had the time to research the Titan's TE situation, I probably should have known that. But, that's my point...I don't have that kind of time. The Huddle guys do. Did they even mention Crumpler? No. So, I guess that you know more than they.

I didn't research anything. I just noticed the last time he didn't do well Crumpler did. It only happened one or two weeks.

PPR league and Scaife is the #7 TE and I am sure he is probably at least top 12 in your league too....

7.Scaife, Bo TEN TE 108.00 16.50 1.60 11.60 4.70 14.20 B 7.80 9.40 6.60 23.80 4.80 7.00

Crumpler ranks 35th and is at best probably 35th in your league but probably worse

35Crumpler, Alge TEN TE 42.50 1.40 3.60 4.60 0.00 9.50 B 5.80 7.50 0.00 6.50 1.80 1.80

Crumpler has outscored Scaife ONCE this year...not sure how hard it is to see that Scaife is pretty much a must start in TE mandatory leagues unless you have one of the big dogs.

You would probably complain if they predicted LT to have 100 and 2 TDs and he got hurt on the 1st play saying they should have known he was gonna get hurt :wacko:

and dont worry I know it's your dime and you can complain if you want.

the lions ranked 29th in stopping TEs and there really was no reason to mention crumpler since he has had 2 or fewer catches in 9 of 11 games and the two that were more he had 3 and 4 catches respectively.

If you have that little time to devote to this then it seems you have some choices to make.

Here are a couple of suggestions.........

Subscribe to multiple sites and then make YOUR OWN DECISION based on what you read.

Another idea is to just make YOUR OWN DECISION on what you think will happen.

Last you could just quit this all together as you may just be too busy for FF!

Might I add I predicted three catches for 40 yards so what do you really expect from a tight end who isn't a top player? On the average week, there will only be maybe five or six tight ends with 50 yards or more (if that) so unless you are talking about a top tight end game, you are not looking at much anyway.

I would guess that S2 means more than 8 yards for a TE, but how much more could it be? TE's don't do much this year. Were the game not so hopefully out of reach so early, Scaife would have had a good game. Game situation changes a lot and that cannot always be forecasted accurately by anyone.

Might I add I predicted three catches for 40 yards so what do you really expect from a tight end who isn't a top player? On the average week, there will only be maybe five or six tight ends with 50 yards or more (if that) so unless you are talking about a top tight end game, you are not looking at much anyway.

I would guess that S2 means more than 8 yards for a TE, but how much more could it be? TE's don't do much this year. Were the game not so hopefully out of reach so early, Scaife would have had a good game. Game situation changes a lot and that cannot always be forecasted accurately by anyone.

Youve lived a good life, your a good man.

See now, that's useful information...S2 for a TE means more than 8 yards. Good to know for the future.

See now, that's useful information...S2 for a TE means more than 8 yards. Good to know for the future.

With each post you become more of a whiney little cupcake

With each post you become more of a whiney little cupcake

I'm not going to get in a slap fight with you, which you seem to want. I think it is good to know what the Huddle's definition of "S2" is. If it means only that the TE might get more than 8 yards, I'll rely on it less.

Please find someone else to insult.

I'm not going to get in a slap fight with you, which you seem to want. I think it is good to know what the Huddle's definition of "S2" is. If it means only that the TE might get more than 8 yards, I'll rely on it less.

I think thats EXACTLY what David meant...

Sweetheart, you came in here bitter about a player that underperformed and put the blame squarely on the huddle. It has been said a million times in here. The huddle makes projections based on research and intangables and we, as able minded men and women, view those projections and then are expected to make up our own minds.

there should be a special lifetime achievement "newbie tool of the year" award for this guy

I've been with the Huddle for around 5 years. I obviously like the site. All I did was make a critical comment. The Huddle guys are big boys...they certainly don't need you or Whomper to defend them, though it is sweet that you are doing so.

From my standpoint, this pillow fight is over. Keep insulting me if it makes you feel better.

Edited by Jumbie