[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Went shopping today

REZ

Not too bad at first. Went to Walmart and picked up some good stuff.

Got an XBox 360 with guitar hero included for 200. Really happy about that. Made it worthwhile to get up that early.

Hit up Best Buy, Circuit City and Target after that and picked up some good stuff.

Kids will be happy. Grabbed some breakfast and headed to Toy's R Us for the little guy.

In there about 15 minutes, had a nice basket of some stuff for him and then:

http://www.kesq.com/global/Story.asp?s=9427148

Scary stuff. I was standing next to the one guy when they first started jabbering at each other. Told me wife we needed to move a bit and then heard the one guy say I'm going to put a bullet in you and pull out his gun. Grabbed my wife and said move now. We managed to get out the back exit. My wife has been shaking since then.

Between this and the Wal-Mart thread, I may just do my shopping at less-busy times and pay a little extra.

Desperate times make desperate people act desperately.

That is exactly what I thought this morning when I woke up at 5am.

No shopping for me today thats for sure!

ETA,

W T F is wrong with people today?

Edited by tbimm

I did my shopping at Sears. I did not arrive till after the doors opened. I must say in the tool dept everyone acted nice. There was plenty of help, no one was pushing, shoving or anything. In fact I had a nice conversation with a man I did not know. I needed a basket and he told me I could have his after he went through the line. Maybe because it was the tool section and even though there were very good sales there were no super big discounts like you get with TV's and computers. Anyhow glad you and your wife are ok.

I was looking at some toys on an end cap and this guy comes up and I hear him say:

you wanna go?

I look up 'cause he was right by me and didn't know who he was talking to..

guy a few feet back responds, what b****? I'll go, you wanna go?

1st: I'll go, let's go now

2nd: yeah, let's go...let's go.

1st: alright we're going.....

2nd, let's go outside

1st: I'll put a bullet in you....and that's when the gun came out.

News reports now saying two girls started fighting......got no idea about that....I saw the gun and the guy lever it and we were gone.

I have no idea what started it. It was asinine......news says two dead hispanics with guns nearby.....

I almost hope that there was some kind of unknown history between these guys, and it's not really just two idiots who were fighting over some freeaking toys. Is this really how you want to die? Squabbling over Tickle Me Elmo?

FRANK: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reach for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way!

KRAMER: What happened to the doll?

FRANK: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

KRAMER: That musta been some kind of doll.

FRANK: She was.