[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Coaches Poll

theeohiostate

1 Alabama

2 Oklahoma

3 Texas

4 Florida

5 Southern California

6 Penn State

7 Utah

8 Texas Tech

9 Boise State

10 Ohio State

11 TCU

12 Cincinnati

13 Ball State

14 Oregon

15 Oklahoma State

16 Georgia Tech

17 Missouri

18 Brigham Young

19 Georgia

20 Boston College

21 Michigan State

22 Northwestern

23 Pittsburgh

24 Oregon State

25 Mississippi

Texas jumps Florida for the #3 spot, will this be enough to hold off OU in the BCS............let's hope

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Coaches poll has been figured into the BCS

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/bcs

Texas still at #2 after Coaches Poll . We wait for computers and Harris Poll . The Harris should remain the same, so it appears to be up to the computers

So Texas has actually gained ground after the Coaches Poll. The Harris Poll usually follows suit. I can completely understand the pollsters saying Texas won H2H they are more deserving, and I applaud them for doing so.

Edited by theeohiostate

Last weeks coaches poll had OU with 1412 point and Texas with 1370 points.

This week it OU 1397 and Texas 1396 , Texas gains 41 points on OU this week.

Coaches are on to something. Glad to see H2H means something in this sport.

Texas Tech would beg to differ. They did beat Texas head to head if you will recall.

Texas Tech would beg to differ. They did beat Texas head to head if you will recall.

Tech really doesnt have a leg to stand on. You get blown out like they did against OU and you lose your right to complain.

Associated Press Top 25

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/ap

1 Alabama

2 Florida

3 Texas

4 Oklahoma

5 Southern California

6 Penn State

7 Utah

8 Texas Tech

9 Boise State

10 Ohio State

11 TCU

12 Ball State

13 Cincinnati

14 Oklahoma State

15 Georgia Tech

16 Oregon

17 Georgia

18 Boston College

19 Missouri

20 Brigham Young

21 Michigan State

22 Mississippi

23 Pittsburgh

24 Northwestern

25 Oregon State

AP Voters moved Texas over OU.

Last week OU 1486 , Texas 1482

This week OU 1480 , Texas 1488

Texas gains +14 over OU

This trend should continue as H2H is dominating the early results.

USA Today poll also showing huge gains from Texas over OU

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?sea...=2&pollId=2

Last week OU 1412 Texas 1370

This week OU 1397 Texas 1396

Texas gains +41

This must surprise many OU fans, that figured a win over OSU would strengthen their position, facts show it has weakened it so far.

Harris - Coaches and USA Today Polls make up 2/3's of the BCS Forumula. So far Texas has gained ground in the USA and Coaches Poll, if the Harris poll is similar, I don't think the computers can make up the difference alone.

Edited by theeohiostate

USA Today poll also showing huge gains from Texas over OU

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?sea...=2&pollId=2

Last week OU 1412 Texas 1370

This week OU 1397 Texas 1396

Texas gains +41

This must surprise many OU fans, that figured a win over OSU would strengthen their position, facts show it has weakened it so far.

Considering Mack Brown has a vote and Bob Stoops doesnt, do you think Brown even voted for OU at all in his top 25 this week. IF not and he put his team #1, that is a 25 pt swing right there.

And the computers is where Texas held the big advantage. That should be eliminated after this week, and possibly OU leading.

OU has wins over #7 Tech, #11 Cincy, #12 TCU, and #15 Okie St on the road.

Texas has wins over #3 OU, #15 Okie St, and #19 Missouri. Texas beats Okie St in Austion 28-24 and doesnt have a single quality road win.

Im not saying OU jumps Texas in the BCS, but if anything was severly going to change and hurt them it was going to be the coaches poll where Mack Brown could just leave OU off the ballet, and Stoops not having a vote this year.

Considering Mack Brown has a vote and Bob Stoops doesnt, do you think Brown even voted for OU at all in his top 25 this week. IF not and he put his team #1, that is a 25 pt swing right there.

And the computers is where Texas held the big advantage. That should be eliminated after this week, and possibly OU leading.

OU has wins over #7 Tech, #11 Cincy, #12 TCU, and #15 Okie St on the road.

Texas has wins over #3 OU, #15 Okie St, and #19 Missouri. Texas beats Okie St in Austion 28-24 and doesnt have a single quality road win.

Im not saying OU jumps Texas in the BCS, but if anything was severly going to change and hurt them it was going to be the coaches poll where Mack Brown could just leave OU off the ballet, and Stoops not having a vote this year.

Fortunately, in the egocentric world that is Sgt Ryan, defeating the #1 team in the country (should UF be fortunate enough to do so), should have no effect upon the polls except for removing Alabama from consideration.

Associated Press Top 25

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/ap

1 Alabama

2 Florida

3 Texas

4 Oklahoma

5 Southern California

6 Penn State

7 Utah

8 Texas Tech

9 Boise State

10 Ohio State

11 TCU

12 Ball State

13 Cincinnati

14 Oklahoma State

15 Georgia Tech

16 Oregon

17 Georgia

18 Boston College

19 Missouri

20 Brigham Young

21 Michigan State

22 Mississippi

23 Pittsburgh

24 Northwestern

25 Oregon State

AP Voters moved Texas over OU.

Last week OU 1486 , Texas 1482

This week OU 1480 , Texas 1488

Texas gains +14 over OU

This trend should continue as H2H is dominating the early results.

The AP has it right although USC is better than both Texas and Oklahoma.

USA Today poll was right in line with the coaches poll.

I believe the voters saw Tech's struggle with Baylor this week. 35-28 and completely dismissed Tech as part of the 3-way tie. They then focused on OU vs Texas , where the H2H game had to be the determining factor. Seeing the results of the USA and Coaches Poll, it's not looking good for OU, but it is looking good for an OU vs OSU matchup in the Fiesta :wacko:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=3735035

Which was more impressive?

A 40-point victory against your rival at home on Thanksgiving night? Or a 20-point win on the road against your rival, which happens to be ranked No. 12 in the country?

As the Big 12 regular season ended Saturday night in Stillwater, Okla., the road to the conference championship game in Kansas City, Mo., remained as muddy as the Red River.

No. 3 Oklahoma blasted No. 12 Oklahoma State 61-41 and scored 60 points or more for the fourth consecutive game. The Sooners' impressive victory came two nights after No. 2 Texas blasted unranked Texas A&M 49-9 in Austin.

Baylor seemed ready to end the Big 12 South drama when it took a 28-14 lead over Texas Tech early in the second half at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock, Texas. But the Red Raiders scored the last 21 points in their 35-28 victory and preserved a three-way tie atop the Big 12 South standings.

Given the three-way tie, Sunday's BCS standings will determine which Big 12 South team will play Missouri in the Big 12 championship game. The Longhorns came into the week with a minuscule .0084-point advantage over the Sooners in the BCS standings. Oklahoma is expected to surpass Texas in the computer polls, which make up one-third of the BCS formula, because its strength of schedule will improve after the game against Oklahoma State.

"I think we have a really good chance," Stoops said. "We played the No. 2 team in the country and won by 44. We played the No. 12 team here tonight where nobody had beat them. Usually it's what you are doing at the end of the year. And we finished up pretty strong."

So did Texas, and the Longhorns have the only objective result in their favor: a 45-35 victory over Oklahoma on a neutral field in the Cotton Bowl on Oct. 11. (Texas Tech beat Texas 39-33 in Lubbock, but the Red Raiders had no margin of error because they played two FCS opponents and lost by 43 to Oklahoma.)

The only way Texas will remain ahead of Oklahoma is if voters in the Harris Interactive Poll and coaches' Top 25 poll change the way they voted last week. The Sooners were No. 2 in the coaches' poll -- behind No. 1 Alabama. Oklahoma was No. 3 in the Harris poll -- behind No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Florida.

Apparently, voters in both polls were more impressed with the way Oklahoma finished the season. The Sooners have scored 45 points or more in each of their past six victories.

Which was more impressive Saturday night? How Oklahoma's offense seemingly scored at will? Or how the Cowboys matched them touchdown-for-touchdown through the game's first three quarters?

Given the importance of this week's vote, which will decide which Big 12 South team will play for the conference title and perhaps ultimately earn a spot in the Jan. 8 BCS Championship Game, how many voters will reconsider the league's pecking order with so much at stake?

How many voters will look back at the full season's results? How many will remember that Texas beat Oklahoma?

How many voters won't want to see Oklahoma falter in another BCS game?

The Longhorns can only hope voters changed their minds Sunday morning.

Fortunately, in the egocentric world that is Sgt Ryan, defeating the #1 team in the country (should UF be fortunate enough to do so), should have no effect upon the polls except for removing Alabama from consideration.

FLA is so far behind in the computers, one quality win all year wont make up the difference. GA is now the only ranked team FLA has beaten and they are now #19. Bama wont be #1 after that loss, and if you read above, I moved the Tech win for OU to #7, not #2 which is what they were ranked after that loss. Bama will also tumble in the polls, outside the top 4 for sure. SO a win on a neutral field vs #4 or worse and #19 doesnt even come close to comparing what the Sooners or Horns have done, and both of these teams lost on the road to a top 7 team, where FLA lost at home to Ole Miss.

Tell me how FLA can be ranked ahead of OU or Texas, if not for the element of how a team is playing right now. And OU is even more impressive than FLA, but that isnt holding much water for them down the stretch. This is my biggest gripe. OU lost to a top 3 team on the road, and FLA lost to Ole Miss at home. Texas lost to a top 7 team on the road. WHo should be left out of this argument. FLA. Texas and OU each beat much better teams and have a stronger schedule, but its just an automatic if FLA wins they jump both the Sooner and Texas. Give me a break. Why is no one else seeing this.

FLA is so far behind in the computers, one quality win all year wont make up the difference. GA is now the only ranked team FLA has beaten and they are now #19. Bama wont be #1 after that loss, and if you read above, I moved the Tech win for OU to #7, not #2 which is what they were ranked after that loss. Bama will also tumble in the polls, outside the top 4 for sure. SO a win on a neutral field vs #4 or worse and #19 doesnt even come close to comparing what the Sooners or Horns have done, and both of these teams lost on the road to a top 7 team, where FLA lost at home to Ole Miss.

Tell me how FLA can be ranked ahead of OU or Texas, if not for the element of how a team is playing right now. And OU is even more impressive than FLA, but that isnt holding much water for them down the stretch. This is my biggest gripe. OU lost to a top 3 team on the road, and FLA lost to Ole Miss at home. Texas lost to a top 7 team on the road. WHo should be left out of this argument. FLA. Texas and OU each beat much better teams and have a stronger schedule, but its just an automatic if FLA wins they jump both the Sooner and Texas. Give me a break. Why is no one else seeing this.

Because we don't wear homer glasses everywhere we go.

Because we don't wear homer glasses everywhere we go.

With the schedule we now know is crap, that loss, if that were anyone else but the SEC or FLA, you would be screaming bloody murder as well. Save the crap dude, you know as well as I know, FLA doesnt measure up in everything the BCS stands for, and that is the system, like it or not. YOur homer glasses will not allow you to see my argument, and you would never admit FLA hasnt played anyone yet, so they shouldnt be where they are. IF all of OUs quality opponents lost over and over down the stretch, you would be saying so, but when I do, its homer glasses. I dont expect you to agree with me, even though you know Im right.

With the schedule we now know is crap, that loss, if that were anyone else but the SEC or FLA, you would be screaming bloody murder as well. Save the crap dude, you know as well as I know, FLA doesnt measure up in everything the BCS stands for, and that is the system, like it or not. YOur homer glasses will not allow you to see my argument, and you would never admit FLA hasnt played anyone yet, so they shouldnt be where they are. IF all of OUs quality opponents lost over and over down the stretch, you would be saying so, but when I do, its homer glasses. I dont expect you to agree with me, even though you know Im right.

You get very angry when people don't agree with you, do you realize that? I think OU is a good team, suspect on defense. I think Alabama is a good team, the only weakness is that they are a team that cannot fall behind because they don't appear to have a quick strike capability. I think Texas is a good team, again, a little suspect on defense. USC looks scary, but to be honest, the PAC 10 is down and it's hard to tell their strength. Florida is a good team. Their schedule has been easier because the SEC is down this year. However, they have been pummelling teams over the last 7 weeks. Their offense has been scary, their defense has been scary, and for the most part, their special teams has been scary. Every team I just mentioned has a legitimate gripe if they are not in the NC game. Every single one of them. Now, next week, Florida plays Alabama--the loser of that game will be eliminated from the NC discussion. Whomever does not advance to the Big 12 Championship game (either Texas or OU), will be very upset and with good reason. Poor USC's only chance to get in the NC game is only if Missouri wins the Big 12 Championship Game.

You can rant and be angry all you want. You can scream unfair and call those who disagree with you a "tool." The bottom line, the winner of the UF-Alabama game will advance to the NC game. Should OU make it to that game, a convincing OU win will show you that you were correct in that the NC game should have been OU-Texas. However, if OU makes it there and gets stomped, I have a feeling you might receive a fair amount of verbal abuse.

I think Texas is a good team, again, a little suspect on defense.

As that Muppet-lookalike on ESPN would say... "not so fast my friend!"

UT ranks #3 in rushing yards allowed per game (73.6). They are #1 in sacks (total of 44). Of course, their pass defense could be construed as suspect.... but not their entire D. :wacko:

Harris Poll moves Texas over OU this week

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/full/harris

Texas has passed OU in the USA Today and Harris Polls and gained significantly in the Coaches poll to a virtual split by only one vote.

Harris poll comparison

Last week OU 2598 Texas 2577

This week OU 2569 Texas 2575

Appears clear with the results of all the human polls, the H2H win Texas had over OU was the difference maker. If the computers refute what the voters have decided it would be a sham

Looks like the computer polls made the difference.

From Scout.com: :wacko:

BCS Rankings

1 Alabama 1 0.9965 1 0.9974 0.920 3 0.9713

2 Oklahoma 4 0.9094 2 0.9161 0.980 1 0.9351

3 Texas 3 0.9115 3 0.9154 0.940 2 0.9223

4 Florida 2 0.9271 4 0.9082 0.820 6 0.8851

5 USC 5 0.8418 5 0.8511 0.730 8 0.8076

6 Utah 7 0.7473 7 0.7561 0.850 5 0.7844

7 Texas Tech 8 0.7398 8 0.7318 0.870 4 0.7805

8 Penn State 6 0.7706 6 0.7711 0.670 9 0.7373

9 Boise State 9 0.6857 9 0.6846 0.740 7 0.7034

10 Ohio State 10 0.6570 10 0.6551 0.590 11 0.6340

11 TCU 12 0.5317 11 0.5482 0.610 10 0.5633

12 Ball State 11 0.5402 13 0.5016 0.550 12 0.5306

13 Cincinnati 13 0.5044 12 0.5049 0.440 15 0.4831

14 Okla State 14 0.4308 15 0.4020 0.450 13 0.4276

15 Georgia Tech 16 0.3770 16 0.3869 0.450 13 0.4046

16 Georgia 20 0.2949 19 0.2885 0.410 16 0.3311

17 Boston Coll 19 0.2952 20 0.2852 0.380 17 0.3202

18 BYU 17 0.3504 18 0.3023 0.290 18 0.3142

19 Oregon 15 0.3809 14 0.4315 0.100 23 0.3041

20 Missouri 18 0.3172 17 0.3082 0.220 20 0.2818

21 Michigan St 21 0.2435 21 0.2715 0.250 19 0.2550

22 Northwestern 22 0.1465 22 0.2184 0.000 NR 0.1216

23 Pittsburgh 23 0.1225 23 0.1010 0.080 24 0.1012

24 Florida State 29 0.0106 29 0.0098 0.210 21 0.0768

25 Virginia Tech 27 0.0251 26 0.0269 0.120 22 0.0573

Edited by budlitebrad

What a shame.

The voters have declared Texas the #2 , only to be undone but a software program that didn't even consider Texas 35 OU 25

This is about the most foul I've seen any system pick a contestant.

Wrong again tool. The Coaches put OU ahead of Texas, The Harris poll put Texas ahead of OU. - so the Polls are dead even.

And the computers put the Sooners SOS ahead of Texas, which we all knew was going to play a part in this.