[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What TV shows are you watching?

The Irish Doggy

OK seriously, many of my favs from the last couple years have either

1) jumped the shark (Bones, House, CSI)

or

2) just plain sucketh (Heroes)

About the only thing I really like on TV right now is Life which I fear will be canceled.

This is the last year of Boston Legal. Best show on tv :D 'Cept the bass turds put it on monday night opposite football. :D

I've always liked NCIS over the CSI's. Other then that....seems like there's plenty of empty time slots, they could fit Jericho in there somewhere. :wacko:

I'm liking TV right now:

- True Blood

- Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

- Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

- Dexter

- Generation Kill

- Dirty Sexy Money

- Battlestar Galactica and Lost fire up next month

- Boston Legal

- Crash

- Entourage

Not that I really watch that much TV, or anything.

My Own Worst Enemy is my favorite show of the year but that time slot is KILLING its ratings. In fact, after episode 9, they are shutting it down. What a shame......

I think Fringe is a great concept as well and hope it gets picked up for another season.

Besides My Own Worst Enemy, second on my list would have to be Life On Mars.

Heroes has actually turned around this season in my opinion. Very improved story line that could actually result in some serious battle scenes towards the end...

I watch Heroes, House, Friday Night Lights, Smallville, Entourage and The Office.

Heroes, Entourage and The Office have definitely had their hiccup episodes, but I feel like FNL, House and Smallville have all remained fairly consistent.

Occasionally I'll watch SVU or 30Rock with my roommates, but I'm not a hugh fan of either.

Edited by kpholmes

I watch NFL football on the ticket, nfl network, and espn. I watch no other shows on nfln or espn.

WPT.

Myth Busters.

Baseball on FSN.

Watch no network tv and haven't for years. Not even the local news. Network tv has dumbed me down enough.

Re runs of NCIS, Monk and The West Wing. I haven't seen anything I like so far this year.

Several shows on the History Channel and Discovery too. Inside the White House and Cities of the Underworld.

Edited by Randall

I can usually only handle about 2-3 shows at a time, which is why I missed True Blood during it's orignial airing over the past few months.

But given that there is not much else on over the past few weeks, I started watching TB on HBO on Demand, and it is one of the best and most entertaining shows that I have seen in the recent years. I'm about half-way through the season, so please no spoilers, but I'd like to start a new thread just on True Blood.

My other favorite over the past year was Mad Men.

Friday Night Lights was another favorite, but I don't have DirecTV, so I've been unable to watch the new season. I have be watching re-runs on the NBCU HD channel.

Top Chef

Office

30 Rock

Various random shows on Food Network

Football

That sounds like a perfect night for me. The Office is my favorite... I'll also add a few HBO shows - Summer Heights High (another mockumentary), Entourage, Little Britain USA.

I tend to stay away from the 'serious' shows because they are so over the top. I like House for how sarcastic and funny he can be, but how many times can they advertise this - "House faces his most intriguing case yet", or on the police/investigation shows - "Will this be the mystery that stumps them?" lol.

I guess that's why I'm drawn to comedies, they are purposefully ridiculous. If I want to see a 'real' show, I watch History/A&E/Discovery/Nat Geo/etc.

Oh almost forgot.

Kitchen Disasters has become a favorite for me as well.

And while I'm at it, if you guys continue to NOT watch network television, your gonna put me out of work. Shame on the lot of you.

Edited by tazinib1

I still watch CSI, Las Vegas. That's it.

ETA: ...and BSG when it's on (which hasn't been very often lately!).

Edited by Chargerz

Watch The Office and Heroes. Will watch Battlestar Galactica next month.

If it's on TV and I happen to come across the channel, I rarely change it:

Ghost Hunters / TAPS

CSI - Las Vegas new or reruns

X-Files reruns

UFC reruns, sometimes the Ultimate Fighter show as well

Daily Show with Jon Stewert

Colbert Report

Scrubs reruns

I'm liking TV right now:

- True Blood

- Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

- Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

- Dexter

- Generation Kill

- Dirty Sexy Money

- Battlestar Galactica and Lost fire up next month

- Boston Legal

- Crash

- Entourage

Not that I really watch that much TV, or anything.

yes, yes, and yes!

i'd also throw The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, and The Amazing Race in as programs that are always recorded on the DVR.

(and my secret shame: i also watch Survivor religiously.)

I still watch CSI, Las Vegas. That's it.

ETA: ...and BSG when it's on (which hasn't been very often lately!).

Can't wait to see Laurence Fishburn in CSI Las Vegas. Apperently, Will Peterson (Grissom) will still be a part of the show as an Ex-Producer and will make cameo appearances on the show while it still is running. Not sure if Fishburn will be the guy to take Petersons place on the show, but it will be a nice shot in the arm for the series, which is by far the best of the CSI trio.

Edited by tazinib1

yes, yes, and yes!

i'd also throw The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, and The Amazing Race in as programs that are always recorded on the DVR.

(and my secret shame: i also watch Survivor religiously.)

Hey, Paul.

The Mrs. makes me watch The Amazing Race. Mostly I just think about the women naked. 30 Rock is a show I've wanted to get into, but can't seem to muster the energy to Tivo.

:D

I mean, my wife & kids like the food network, but they're girls. :wacko:

I'm not afraid of embracing my feminine side. Of course, I'm comfortable with being heterosexual. I'm not worried that I might have the ghey and therefore must avoid all things that make me face my confusion around my sexual orientation.

:D

I mean, my wife & kids like the food network, but they're girls. :wacko:

I'm not afraid of embracing my feminine side. Of course, I'm comfortable with being heterosexual. I'm not worried that I might have the ghey and therefore must avoid all things that make me face my confusion around my sexual orientation.

Umm if you like food, there is nothing wrong with cooking or enjoying a cooking show. That's my view. If you start watching Top Model or Paris Hilton's BFF, then I might start wondering.

Edited by thenflblog

Now that The Shield is done, I'm not really watching much new stuff except Dexter. I downloaded torrents for all 5 seasons of The Wire and am watching that now. After that, I'll probably stare at the wall until Rescue Me comes back on.

Oh, and How It's Made on Discovery Channel.

Pushing Daisies has been canceled. Much to my chagrin.

how I Met your Mother

New Adventures of Old Christine

My Name Is Earl

Kath and Kim

The Office

30 Rock

non broadcast:

The Soup

BBC America on Tuesdays has a nice lineup

Coupling

Gavin and Stacey

Absolutely Fabulous.