[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Woes

nhoops

Hi All,

My RB have been an issue all year. I've had others who have been injured or been bye week fillers (Rhodes, Perry, Rice, McClain, Graham, Torin)

I need 2 of these guys (standard scoring)

Benson, CIN at Colts - up and down, decent matchup

Gore, SFO vs Jets - slumping, but have to start him

Jackson, GBP vs Texans - with Grant starting he'll only get a little this week

Lewis, CLE at Titans - Tough matchup

Parker, RB vs Cowboys - getting back but with Moore starting will he get enough

A win and I have a chance at the playoffs

(rest of team - Favre, TO, Berrian, Boss, Carney, Tenn D)

Heck my WR have been up and down as well

TO @ Pitt - Tough matchup

Berrian @ Lions - should score

Coles @ SFO - been down lately....but will he and Favre rebound

Holmes v. DAL - who knows

D.Jackson @ NYG - tough matchup, better choices

right now I have TO and Berrian.

Thanks in advance!!!!

:wacko:

Edited by nhoops

At RB none of the choices are great. Willie Parker may only get about 10 carries (he's still not 100%), plus the matchup isn't great anyway, so I'd eliminate him right off the bat. And Ryan Grant is (I think) back at 100%, so even thought that's a great matchup I'd elimiinate Brandon Jackson.

That leaves the three guys who will clearly get the bulk of the carries -- Gore, Lewis, and Benson. Benson is the only one with a decent matchup -- I'd be worried about the Colts pulling away and the Bengals abandoning the running game, but the Colts haven't been doing that this year, and I would think the Bengals will try and run the ball as much as possible. Gore and Lewis both have tough matchups, but I think Lewis's is worse -- the Browns have no offense at all with their 3rd string QB in, Tennessee is tough to start with, and now they'll probably really stack the line against Lewis. Gore tends to compile yards no matter what (either rushing or receiving), and IF the 49'ers move the ball well through the air he may get the opportunity to score. I'd go with Gore and Benson.

At WR, I think I'd start Coles just because his matchup is SO good (against the 49'ers). I don't like Berrian, simply because the Vikes may run all day and not NEED to throw; Berrian's inconsistent anyway. I'd probably keep TO at the other spot just because he looked real good last week, and Dallas will have to throw with Barber probably out. I wouldn't seriously consider Holmes or Jackson this week.

good luck...

I keep reading that Parker will get more this week. Benson is looking better as well....but I can't bench Gore for him.

Thinking about Gore and Parker.....any thoughts?

What about the WR?

I agree Gore is a must start out of the group. The Jets can shut down the run but I bet he's involved in quite a few short passes that could turn into larger plays.

I think Benson may have a tougher day as word is Bob Sanders is supposed to be back this week and he greatly helps the Indy run defense. The Indy pass D is already stout and when you combine that with the fact that Cinci has put up 14 pts or less in 6 of their last 7 games, Benson may not have a whole lot of opportunities anyways.

I'd go with Parker as my 2nd back. Historically he's played much better at home and I have a feeling he'll punch one in.

Edit: I'd probably go TO/Berrian out of the WR group. I would't be suprised if one of the other guys outperforms one of those two but TO/Berrian are probably the more consistent/safe bet.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275528

Edited by myhousekey