[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick my Kick - Behind Already Thanks To Gates

SpinalTapp

My current kicker is Folk....but he plays in Pittsburgh where weather is supposed to be bad. Couple that with no Barber and the Boys may struggle offensively there. Would you play Folk or start one of the following instead:

1. Vinateri (dome) vs Bengals

2. Hartley (dome) vs Falcons (Falcons are home team)

3. Feely (away) vs 49ers

4. Prater (home) vs Chiefs

I appreciate your help. Like I said, I cant afford less than 8-10 pts from my kicker this week. So, I need two FGs and a few extra points. Who gets me that this week? We get 1pt for extra pts, 3pts for 30yders, 4pts for 40yders, and 5 pts for 50 yders.

FWIW here's what these guys have done the past 3 weeks -- 13, 12, 11:

Prater >> FG = 2,1,1, XP = 4,1,3

Vinatieri >> FG = 1,3,4 XP = 1,2,3

Hartley >> FG = 2,1,3 XP = 2,6,3

Feely >> FG = 1,2,2 XP = 2,4,4

If you can make some sense out of that regarding projections, best of luck. I'd be tempted to try Hartley or Feely.

Edited by ts

NOS 6 home games = 204 points

NOS 6 road games = 133 points

Funny thing though:

NOS 6 home games = 2446 total yards

NOS 6 road games = 2317 total yards

... so it would seem that NOS can move the ball / pile up yardage almost as well on the road as at home, but just can't seal the deal on the road by turning all those yards into points ... make of that what you will as regards the kicking game.

Edited by ts

Looks like they leave a TD or two FG on the field when they are on the road. Any idea how well kickers have done vs the Falcons this year?

ATL, 2008 - opponents are 13/17 FGs and 27/27 XPs.

BTW, the NOS are the home team today, not ATL.

Edited by ts

I think it's between Prater and Feely. From the Huddle's ranking of points allowed by position:

Prater vs. #30 Chiefs

Feely vs. #32 49'ers

Hartley vs. #3 Falcons

Vinatieir vs. #21 Bengals

Prater is home in high altitude and is a decent bet to kick a 40- or 50-yarder (admittedly, he's probably also the least accurate of the four), I still think I'd go with him. Feely's got the other nice matchup but is on the road. Vinatieiri may just be kicking extra points.

And by the way, if you have Manning and Wayne, then Vinatieri is more like insurance, where IF they can't get in the endzone he can kick a field goal. But you'd clearly be limiting your upside. Good luck.

Please see http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275393

I think it's between Prater and Feely. From the Huddle's ranking of points allowed by position:

Prater vs. #30 Chiefs

Feely vs. #32 49'ers

Hartley vs. #3 Falcons

Vinatieir vs. #21 Bengals

Prater is home in high altitude and is a decent bet to kick a 40- or 50-yarder (admittedly, he's probably also the least accurate of the four), I still think I'd go with him. Feely's got the other nice matchup but is on the road. Vinatieiri may just be kicking extra points.

And by the way, if you have Manning and Wayne, then Vinatieri is more like insurance, where IF they can't get in the endzone he can kick a field goal. But you'd clearly be limiting your upside. Good luck.

Please see http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275393

I am worried about the Falcons DST...but the Saints have to be able to get Hartley a number of quality chances.

I am worried about the Falcons DST...but the Saints have to be able to get Hartley a number of quality chances.

I'd be concerned about the fact that besides the Falcons having a decent defense, the Saints are always a threat to score from 50 yards away before they get in FG range -- that limits Hartley's opportunities.

Only at playoff time...every point and every opinion counts!

Let's set an unbreakable kicker post record.

When the record is spoken of as folklore I want to know I had a hand in it....or foot as it were.

I'd rank them

Prater - I think in part to the bonus for longer FGs but also KC DST should allow DEN to move between the 20s, just hope they don't punch it in

Vinny - CIN is just bad but if IND gets up and starts running they may not get into FG position

Hartley - I'd worry about just getting 4 extra points and no FGs with this OFF

Feely - Probably deserves to be above Hartley but this is a hunch

I can't wait to come back after the games to see how it really plays out, almost more excited about this than my playoff matchups. :wacko:

4-1-ATL 8(12:09) G.Hartley 26 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-K.Houser, Holder-G.Pakulak.

4-11-ATL 28(6:15) G.Hartley 46 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-K.Houser, Holder-G.Pakulak.

2-7-ATL7 (:03) G.Hartley 25 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-K.Houser, Holder-G.Pakulak.

1 XP, 3 FG so far, for those scoring at home. Although all these NOS FGs are not helping the numbers I need from Brees this week!

Edited by ts