[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo vs. Cassel? Can my team win this week? Do I need to make changes?

Rockmaninoff

Here's the situation:

I'm 2nd in my league, 1st in points, going into the first week of a 4-team playoff.

If you're curious, here are the standings:

[Team A] || 10-4-0 || 1198.55 points[Team B] || 9-5-0  || 1331.91 points[Team C] || 9-5-0  || 1316.34 points[Team D] || 9-5-0  || 1305.05 points

I'm Team B of course.

Here is my matchup for this week:

My Team:

Starters, Projected Points:[QB]  Tony Romo, vs. NYG,				   21.78[WR1] Randy Moss, @ Oakland,				6.86[WR2] Donald Driver, @ Jacksonville,		6.83[WR3] T.J. Houshmandzadeh, vs. Washington,  6.62[RB1] Michael Turner, vs. Tampa Bay,		15.36[RB2] Thomas Jones, vs. Buffalo,			19.09[TE]  Jason Witten, vs. NYG,				6.43[K]   John Carney, @ Dallas,				8.90[DEF] Pittsburgh, @ Baltimore,			  9.69Bench, Projected Points:[QB]  Matt Cassel, @ Oakland,			   19.21[WR]  Jerricho Cotchery, vs. Buffalo,	   4.23[WR]  Muhsin Muhammad, vs. Denver,		  4.54[WR]  Domenik Hixon, @ Dallas,			  3.36[WR]  Davone Bess, vs. San Francisco,	   3.71[RB]  Brandon Jacobs, @ Dallas,			 8.55[RB]  Derrick Ward, @ Dallas,			   6.67[TE]  Kevin Boss, @ Dallas,				 5.20[K]   Matt Prater, @ Carolina,			  6.36Total Projected from Starters: 101.56

Team C:

Starters, Projected Points:[QB]  Aaron Rodgers, @ Jacksonville,   23.14[WR1] Larry Fitzgerald, vs. Minnesota, 9.40[WR2] Terrell Owens, vs. NYG,		  8.86[WR3] Wes Welker, @ Oakland,		   6.13[RB1] Brian Westbrook, vs. Cleveland,  19.55[RB2] Ryan Grant, @ Jacksonville,	  9.78[TE]  Tony Gonzalez, vs. San Diego,	6.15[K]   David Akers, vs. Cleveland,	  7.77[DEF] Green Bay, @ Jacksonville,	   7.94Bench, Projected Points:[QB]  David Garrard, vs. Green Bay,	18.35[QB]  Daunte Culpepper, @ Indy,		0.88[WR]  Lee Evans, @ NYJ,				6.14[WR]  Bernard Berrian, @ Arizona,	  5.53[WR]  Kevin Curtis, vs. Cleveland,	 4.59[RB]  Willie Parker, @ Baltimore,	  5.51[RB]  Jonathan Stewart, vs. Denver,	11.16[RB]  Justin Fargas, vs. New England,  8.15[DEF] Cleveland, @ Philadelphia,	   6.44Total Projected from Starters: 98.72

Of course anything could happen, and I'm currently supposed to win, but I'm looking for reassurance and advice. This is the first time I've ever done FFB, so I'm pretty inexperienced.

Do you like Romo over Cassel? Especially with the recent news regarding Cassel's father passing away, I feel like Romo has got to be the one I start this week. I'm hesitant because the Giants eat up so many offensive lines, but it's really the only route I can take. I'm also happy that at least I've got one of the Packers receivers, since he's starting Rodgers; on the flipside, my opponent has T.O.

Are there any other changes you'd make, maybe at WR?

I think you GOTTA roll with Romo! I have been hearing chatter of a Cassell performance like Farve did on MNF when his dad passed, but I don't see it. The DAL/NYG game is the biggest game of the season for both clubs right now. Dallas has to win to stay in the hunt and the Giants have to win to stand pat with the Panthers or risk losing home field. I know Romo stunk last week, but they are at home. Weather shouldn't be a factor and the Giants are a solid defense, but they aren't the Steelers.

Unfortunately, if I had to bet on which team would win, I would take the other guy :wacko:

Good luck