[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench Portis for SuperBowl?

abishagenaden

No PPR. Bonus points for long TD runs/catches.

I intend to start 2 of these 3 (no flex available) --

1) Portis (@CIN) - Had a cat-fight with Zorn couple of days ago but they appear to have kissed and made up. Allegedly banged up, and his O-line is in trouble due to injuries too. Their air game has gone to hell, so they'll probably just run on CIN. Or will they?

2) T.Jones (vs BUF) - Coles is banged up, and Favre hasn't been on fire, but Jones has been. So-so run matchup, and should do well as long as the Jets go up early.

3) Stewart (vs DEN) - Best matchup of the 3, coming of a huge game, but at the end of the day he's #2 in an RBBC.

Help!!

I'm in the same boat you are, but add Pierre Thomas to the mix. I am rolling with Jones because of his consistency.

I can't decide who to go with after that. It's great that Portis has gotten healthy (allegedly), but his O-line woes worry me. Stewart was a beast last week. Can he do it again? It's in Denver. My gut says that Stewart is more reliable than Portis at this point, but either one could have a big day.

I don't see how you can sit Thomas Jones at this point, even in an off week like last week he was still solid.

Portis is going to go off this week, lock it down.

Stewart is probably going to be solid against Denver.

I go Portis and Thomas and feel good about both of those as long as no new injury news comes out about Portis

Best of Luck,

WashD

Portis is going to go off this week, lock it down.

Based on what? His O-line is decimated, he's had words with the HC, he's sucked balls the last 2 weeks, and the entire Skins offense has been terrible. Not busting your balls, but I would clearly bench Portis this week if I had other decent options. He might go off, but the risk/reward ratio doesn't make it worth it imo.

Based on what? His O-line is decimated, he's had words with the HC, he's sucked balls the last 2 weeks, and the entire Skins offense has been terrible. Not busting your balls, but I would clearly bench Portis this week if I had other decent options. He might go off, but the risk/reward ratio doesn't make it worth it imo.

I don't know...he practiced yesterday already and you can bet he will get his chances this weekend. Zorn will give him 25 carries. There are only a few better options this week IMO.

I don't know...he practiced yesterday already and you can bet he will get his chances this weekend. Zorn will give him 25 carries. There are only a few better options this week IMO.

I totally disagree. But that's cool. I just think he's banged up and won't be able to overcome the O-line injuries. I'm expecting 50 yards and 0 TD's, so I think there are TONS of better options. JMHO.

I totally disagree. But that's cool. I just think he's banged up and won't be able to overcome the O-line injuries. I'm expecting 50 yards and 0 TD's, so I think there are TONS of better options. JMHO.

That's why I posted in the first place, because I have serious doubts about Portis this week. Smells like a trap matchup, CIN isn't that bad against the run either, I believe.

So I take it you would consider Jones and Stewart better options than Portis in this situation, H1?

I see your point easily, i disagree but thats what makes this fun. I think one of Cinn's Dline is hurt too...could be wrong. I guess we will see.