[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Championship and dilemna at receiver

davepro2

1 Point Per Reception

1 Point for every 10 Yards

6 Points Per Touchdown

Big game this week against that guy who lucked his way into the playoffs. He won his Wildcard game scoring 85 points when our league average is 100. Unfortunately I did not see this coming and his matchups this week are pretty golden. My issue is who to start at receiver this week.

Eddie Royal vs. Carolina

Calvin Johnson vs. Indy (Really want to start him as he is the only option in Det but Indy's secondary is best in league vs. pass)

Kevin Walter vs. Tennessee

Santonio Holmes vs. Baltimore (been a real heartbreaker all year and is due for a big game but against Baltimore?)

Laveraneus Coles vs. Buffalo (Is he or isn't he hurt...the question all year and now he's bad mouthing Favre)

Davone Bess vs. Sanfran (Just picked him up and he looks to be a good PPR guy)

Anyone care to chime in?

Thanks....

Receivers are so damn hard to break down compared to backs but here goes. I also have holmes and royal with cheese so I'll start there. Holmes IS due for a big game. Big Ben has been looking for him too. In fact a few weeks back he got clocked on his way to a big game. So he left with 85 yards but it seemed pretty clear he would have done much more that night. The Ravens are tough this year so tough call. Here is the analysis that works best for me. Is the other teams OFFENSE likely to move the ball. If the Ravens get stuffed then Holmes is much more likely to have a big game. If the Ravens offense is effective than not as likely. I havent concluded that point yet. Royal- great rookie receiver but you just can't tell week to week. If Carolina eats up the clock running down denvers throat then that lessens Cutlers odds of hooking up a lot with Royal. He is a big play guy so it is obviously possible but I conclude it to be a HIGH risk start. Bess while he is a rookie seems like a reasonably safe bet for 5 to 8 catches, 80ish yards and maybe a td. I say this because Chad loves to throw those short passes to him, no reason to see that changing. C. Johnson- I just hate his team so he is a great player on a horrible team, this equals big risk. Coles really don't know. Walter, I love Matt "charles" Schaub, he is a gun slinger and he mostly helped me when I needed him earlier this season. Tennessee is a good defense but I think Schaub will find some success. Hopefully to my guy A. Johnson but maybe to Walter as well. For myself, I am thinking A Johnson and V Jackson (vs KC) and am likely benching Royal and Holmes. I could change my mind though. Hope this helps. Any opinions on my qb situation: Romo vs nyg, Casell @ oak, Thigpen vs sd?

Receivers are so damn hard to break down compared to backs but here goes. I also have holmes and royal with cheese so I'll start there. Holmes IS due for a big game. Big Ben has been looking for him too. In fact a few weeks back he got clocked on his way to a big game. So he left with 85 yards but it seemed pretty clear he would have done much more that night. The Ravens are tough this year so tough call. Here is the analysis that works best for me. Is the other teams OFFENSE likely to move the ball. If the Ravens get stuffed then Holmes is much more likely to have a big game. If the Ravens offense is effective than not as likely. I havent concluded that point yet. Royal- great rookie receiver but you just can't tell week to week. If Carolina eats up the clock running down denvers throat then that lessens Cutlers odds of hooking up a lot with Royal. He is a big play guy so it is obviously possible but I conclude it to be a HIGH risk start. Bess while he is a rookie seems like a reasonably safe bet for 5 to 8 catches, 80ish yards and maybe a td. I say this because Chad loves to throw those short passes to him, no reason to see that changing. C. Johnson- I just hate his team so he is a great player on a horrible team, this equals big risk. Coles really don't know. Walter, I love Matt "charles" Schaub, he is a gun slinger and he mostly helped me when I needed him earlier this season. Tennessee is a good defense but I think Schaub will find some success. Hopefully to my guy A. Johnson but maybe to Walter as well. For myself, I am thinking A Johnson and V Jackson (vs KC) and am likely benching Royal and Holmes. I could change my mind though. Hope this helps. Any opinions on my qb situation: Romo vs nyg, Casell @ oak, Thigpen vs sd?

I like Thigpen against a bad pass Defense. I'm still up in the air but am leaning toward C. Johnson and Royal or C. Johnson and Bess. Thanks.