[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Signed up just to post this

greensheets11

RB insanity  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which running back should I start?

• Marshawn Lynch
    • Tashard Choice
    • Kevin Smith

Simple version:

Pick one-- Marshawn Lynch, Tashard Choice, or Kevin Smith

Compound version:

I have dream matchups for week 16 but need to somehow squeeze out a victory this week to avoid taking third place for the 3rd straight year.

I have been running circles all week with this decision and can't seem to come to one. Thomas Jones is my other RB which is great... but who should I start for my other back? Below is my perception of each... ANY help is greatly appreciated

Lynch - Everyone and every site is saying bench him. The Jets are playing at home and going to be hungry for the playoffs. Their 4th ranked D will be extra tough. The fact that Losman is starting only makes things worse since the run will be predictable. Then again, Lynch can surprise me and get a goal line TD.

Smith -- Colts 25th ranked D. Websites seem to be loving this matchup for him-- but I just dont see it. The lions are the lions and will not win a game this year. Maybe he gets some garbage yards at the end when they are down 35 points?

Choice -- Even if Barber plays he will likely see some action. Being a Sunday night game though, I can't wait to find out if Barber will play or not. I would just hate to see myself Sunday night if Choice does not play though. After pathetically running circles over fantasy entertainment I would still manage to be angry, to say the least. Starting Choice could directly impact my relationship with my girlfriend, in fact.

Thanks in advance everyone.

couldn't bring myself to pick Lynch since his team isn't moving the ball and he's not necc. the back who moves it when they do (Fred Jackson). Keep in mind, I'm putting my money where my mouth is here as I spent a 1st round pick on Lynch and will not be starting him myself.

Can't do Choice either given the tough match-up and the fact that he could be splitting at best.

That leaves Smith. Of the three, the absolute best chance at putting up "decent" numbers and hopefully you have enough better options at other positions that you just don't want to completely goose egg at this spot.

I am in a similar situation.....With Gore the dreaded GTD (and looking like he won't play, and even if he does, for how long??) I need to pick a 3rd RB to go with Grant and T Jones....

my choices are Kevin Smith and Tashard Choice as well....

Like you, I keep reading about the matchup Smith has.....that it's a great match up for him.....But, not buying into it that much.......A new QB under center.....game is in Indy.......and Colts run d has improved......Could lead to Colts stacking the box, forcing the Lions to throw....That said, Colts jump to a 21 point lead, how effective will Smith be??

Choice is intriguing, as he had a good game......IN Pittsburgh no less, filling in for Barber......But, Barber supposedly is going to try and gut it out....

If all indications are that Barber is playing, I'm gonna take the chance with Smith....

Chinatown Dragons:

The other side of that coin is that starting Choice could be quite the reward if Barber doesn't play / gets further injured during the game. I guess I will wait and see if Barber practices today?

The only thing Detroit has going for them is the hunger to not go 0-16.

Hopefully Thomas Jones does his share for us this week-- or we are pleasently surprised by one of our other backs. Thanks for the response.

Chinatown Dragons:

The other side of that coin is that starting Choice could be quite the reward if Barber doesn't play / gets further injured during the game. I guess I will wait and see if Barber practices today?

Hopefully Thomas Jones does his share for us this week-- or we are pleasently surprised by one of our other backs. Thanks for the response.

I agree 100%......Factor in the TO soap opera drama in Dallas, and a 'must win' situation for the Boys, they could pound the ball with Choice.....Against a staunch Steelers D, he carried the rock 23 times (for 88), and caught another 5 passes.....IF he plays, perhaps they utilize him like a poor man's Westbrook, who had quite the game against the Giants......

Chinatown Dragons:

I agree 100%......Factor in the TO soap opera drama in Dallas, and a 'must win' situation for the Boys, they could pound the ball with Choice.....Against a staunch Steelers D, he carried the rock 23 times (for 88), and caught another 5 passes.....IF he plays, perhaps they utilize him like a poor man's Westbrook, who had quite the game against the Giants......

So Lynch is out of the equation.

Voting has 5 for Smith / 5 for Choice.

I guess the only question is which of the two to go with. Ideally some news comes from Dallas practice this afternoon to nudge our decision a little.

I am starting to lean towards using Choice only because the potential reward factor. Even if Barber does play -- he will not get all the carriers as we both agreed on.

I feel like Hugh Jackman's character in the movie "The Prestige"-- obsessively trying to find out how to do the "Transporter Man" trick... haha-- if you haven't seen the movie, nevermind the odd reference.

So Lynch is out of the equation.

Voting has 5 for Smith / 5 for Choice.

I guess the only question is which of the two to go with. Ideally some news comes from Dallas practice this afternoon to nudge our decision a little.

I am starting to lean towards using Choice only because the potential reward factor. Even if Barber does play -- he will not get all the carriers as we both agreed on.

I feel like Hugh Jackman's character in the movie "The Prestige"-- obsessively trying to find out how to do the "Transporter Man" trick... haha-- if you haven't seen the movie, nevermind the odd reference.

did see the movie (thought it was good) and got the reference...keep me posted what you decide, or if you hear any news out of Dallas....factor in that Kevin Smith isn't 100% either...(got ankle injury)...

I'd have said Choice offered the most reward of those 3. Indy's run D might be 25th ranked but they have improved it dramatically, a few weeks ago I believe they were 30th? Add into that Indy should take the lead early meaning Detroit has to throw. Smith is a decent back out of the backfield but he's no mid 2000s LT. He's also I believe a bit banged up himself?

Lynch is probably the "safe" play, he'll likely net you 70 yards and a 50/50 shot of a TD from short range, Choice IMO offers the best chance of a 100 total yard game and a couple of TDs. That is though only if Barber doesn't play.

I don't envy your decision but if they come out early and say Barber won't play then Choice becomes the easy choice. I see people going for Smith but to me he'd be bottom of my list of the 3 right now.

Thanks Taff Kiwi,

I have a tough opponent this week so it might be worth rolling the dice with Choice -- I'll have to keep paying attention to analysis. I appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feeback

I also read that Calvin Johnson is banged up and questionable...if, by chance, he can't go, Colts will just stack box against Kevin smith

The Huddle has in the projections that Kevin Smith has been limited with a sore groin......Also read that he has a sore ankle......that makes him 'less desirable' of a start now...!!!

May need to roll the dice with Choice and hope that 1) Barber is inactive; 2) he produces like he did last week against the Steelers...(but this time with a one yard td plunge!!!).

In case Barber DOES play, and i'm stuck at 7:15 with Choice on my bench, should i pick up: Boss, Steve Smith, or Kevin Curtis (philly, monday night), as a 'fill in' if Barber looks like a 'go'???

I voted for the least likely to score 0 points (Lynch).

Choice is a tough call because of Barber and its a late game. He could be the best bet but also a the biggest risk. I would roll with if you are willing to take a chance to win or go down in flames.

If you want to rely on a minimal amount of points (depending on the strength of the rest of your line-up) go with Lynch, he'll get at least 5 IMO.

Smith is out regardless. No matter how bad the Colts run D is. They won't be in the game, have no QB and I just don't see him doing much more than 40 or so yards. I see him scoring the least amount of points.

Good luck!

In case Barber DOES play, and i'm stuck at 7:15 with Choice on my bench, should i pick up: Boss, Steve Smith, or Kevin Curtis (philly, monday night), as a 'fill in' if Barber looks like a 'go'???

It would have to be Curtis IMO

The Huddle has in the projections that Kevin Smith has been limited with a sore groin......Also read that he has a sore ankle......that makes him 'less desirable' of a start now...!!!

May need to roll the dice with Choice and hope that 1) Barber is inactive; 2) he produces like he did last week against the Steelers...(but this time with a one yard td plunge!!!).

i think huddle mixed up two K. Smith's on Detroit....their CORNERBACK, K. Smith, has sore groin and was limited this week, RB K. Smith has sore ankle, but should play...

I think Barber does play and guts it out, particularly after last week.....Must win for them, and I'm sure Barber wants to show everyone that he is tough.....Choice will still get some carries, but how much...

tough call....I may go with Smith....

alright-- final decision = rolling the dice with Choice.... thanks everyone for the feedback

i think i may follow your lead and roll dice with Choice......feel the giants/cowboys game will be closer.....with Cowboys needing to Win.....colts/lions game shouldn't be close....and with smith nursing a sore ankle, how long will they keep him in there? why risk further injury in a meaningless game?

here's hoping that around 7:15, Boys announce Barber as inactive!!

Well, so far I regret not starting Smith-- lets hope for a great game tonight and an inactive Barber.

I could seal a victory tonight with a strong performance tonight from Choice-- otherwise it comes down to McNabb tomorrow. I jjust hope he can resist that 5th cheeseburger before the game tomorrow.

Chinatown, hows your team lookin?