[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits. You should hear my 7 and 10 year old gilrs singing "Piece Of My Heart" in the car on the way home from school.

ETA: My 10 year old really likes Mercedes Benz, she will change the words around to what ever it is she is wanting at the time. "Oh Dad want you buy me a new WIi

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Death Cab For Cutie's Narrow Stairs CD

Kings of Leon's Only By The Night CD

love Death Cab, nice concert on HD net I've recorded

Hey, break out the old stuff, I always listen to my favs on ipod, Led Zep, Lenny Kravitz, Tesla, Pantera....I wish JJ would consider using "Cowboys from Hell" for home games when the players run out onto the field...maybe I should start a petition

Got turned on to Keren Ann. Digging her stuff. This the time of year I always make a mixed CD for my wife of cool stuff she's likely never heard of mixed in with some old faves. Perfect timing for this thread to pop up.

Also Jukebox by Cat Power and the new CD by Beto Villares (modern bossa)

I've been on a huge Ryan Adams kick the past few months. No, not Brian Adams!! You will see Ryan once every few weeks on Letterman (Letterman is a HUGE fan!). Really good music, excellent songwriter. He is a bit deep and emotional, so lots of times he gets ya right where you itch. He performs about 7 different genres of music, a little something for everybody. He's starting to go deaf now, so check him out while you still can!! He had an album that came out last year called "Easy Tiger". Fabulous. His new album is starting to grow on me too. I advise starting with the song "Two" or "Oh My God, Whatever, Etc.". Check them out on Youtube, the Letterman shows are pretty incredible. Just as talented of a guy as there is in music right now.

Edited by Seahawks21

Just burned a couple CDs for my best friend who has shared my musical sensibilities (or lack thereof) for many many moons.... artists include: Hayes Carll, Mando Saenz, Kings of Leon, Buttercup, The Flametrick Subs, Ladytron, Midlake, Clay Jeffrey, Old Crow Medicine Show, Ryan Bingham, San Saba County, South Austin Jug Band, Death Cab for Cutie, Johnny Cash, Cowboymouth, Paolo Nutini, Timbaland, Suffrajett, Hedda Layne, The Outfield, and The Raspas. Good stuff by all. :wacko:

Just burned a couple CDs for my best friend who has shared my musical sensibilities (or lack thereof) for many many moons.... artists include: Hayes Carll, Mando Saenz, Kings of Leon, Buttercup, The Flametrick Subs, Ladytron, Midlake, Clay Jeffrey, Old Crow Medicine Show, Ryan Bingham, San Saba County, South Austin Jug Band, Death Cab for Cutie, Johnny Cash, Cowboymouth, Paolo Nutini, Timbaland, Suffrajett, Hedda Layne, The Outfield, and The Raspas. Good stuff by all. :wacko:

Is Austin Jug Band any good? I've been listening to Old Crow Medicine Show and Sideshow Tramps recently.

Caught these guys in concert on the 101 last week. Pretty damn impressive for non-country. Reminds me a lot of Zep , but fresh.

The Answer

Hot damn. That rocked.