[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

robert plant's latest, band of joy, is outstanding.

this has really become my favorite new album of the last few years. phenomenal musicianship all around, really incredible selection of songs that plumb the depths of americana yet you've probably never heard before, executed with a laid back country kind of vibe. the fact that an enshrined rock god like plant could reinvent himself with such an unassuming, yet unpredictable and inspired (and excellent) album is refreshing.

bumping because it's available as a download this month for 5 bucks

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has really become my favorite new album of the last few years. phenomenal musicianship all around, really incredible selection of songs that plumb the depths of americana yet you've probably never heard before, executed with a laid back country kind of vibe. the fact that an enshrined rock god like plant could reinvent himself with such an unassuming, yet unpredictable and inspired (and excellent) album is refreshing.

just loaded up this and the gary clark jr. nice

• 2 weeks later...
Um, hardly.

Even though I have every LZ album and pretty much all the remasters, sessions and assorted other stuff, I have to say Song Remains The Same was produced at exactly the wrong time. They were full of drawn out pompous windbaggery by the time that was released - they should have done a live album a lot earlier, as their DVD that includes the Earls Court gigs clearly shows.

I can think of 50+ better live albums.

Even though I have every LZ album and pretty much all the remasters, sessions and assorted other stuff, I have to say Song Remains The Same was produced at exactly the wrong time. They were full of drawn out pompous windbaggery by the time that was released - they should have done a live album a lot earlier, as their DVD that includes the Earls Court gigs clearly shows.

I can think of 50+ better live albums.

Meh, I dig it. I like the long jams.

Slightly off topic, can you download from Amazon into itunes? Or do you have to use the cloud?

So the wife's in charge of music these days?

no don't have one of them. I am comfortable enough with my sexuality that I can admit I listen to and happen to like JJ. where as you still use the excuse of "my wife was listening to that, not me". :wacko:

patty griffin! pimped her many months ago. check out her solo stuff, especially her debut. just her and the guitar ...

Gimme two guys that rock harder than this.

they both split Akron...I thought it was cool that they were still living there even after they started to make it big.

Can't say I blame them

Saw many shows where it seemed the crowd was as big as in that record store...

Edited by loaf

no don't have one of them. I am comfortable enough with my sexuality that I can admit I listen to and happen to like JJ. where as you still use the excuse of "my wife was listening to that, not me". :wacko:

Sorry, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you had better taste in music than that. My bad.

ETA: fortunately for me, my wife hates that dude as well, so I don't have to worry about it at my house. I wouldn't mind if Babylon by David Gray was in the rotation a bit less than it is, but what the hell. At least he's not a total hack.

Edited by detlef

Slightly off topic, can you download from Amazon into itunes? Or do you have to use the cloud?

when you buy it goes straight to the cloud (if you have one set up) where you can listen immediately from any web-enabled device. you can download (and have it load automatically to itunes, if that's your preference) immediately upon purchase, or at any later time.