[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. :D

The baby loves it too. I lost her big sister to Kidz Bop so it nice to have something the baby likes to dance to.

:wacko: The studio version is better, but unavailable on youtube.

Nice. :wacko:

The baby loves it too. I lost her big sister to Kidz Bop so it nice to have something the baby likes to dance to.

My daughter likes Kraftwerk and Man...Or Astro-Man?

I was stoked - last night at the ballgame they played Soundgarden's "Let Me Drown" and she started rockin' out in the aisle.

My daughter likes Kraftwerk and Man...Or Astro-Man?

I was stoked - last night at the ballgame they played Soundgarden's "Let Me Drown" and she started rockin' out in the aisle.

Man? The Welsh band? Rhinos, Winos and Lunatics?

Ah, Soul Coughing. I was pretty pissed off when I heard they broke up, which is rare for me.

Mike Doughty (the former lead of SC) put out one great solo album (Skittish), one passable EP (Rockity Roll), and then an album of absolute garbage (Haughty Melodic). I hope it got better from there, but I stopped listening.

Mike Doughty (the former lead of SC) put out one great solo album (Skittish), one passable EP (Rockity Roll), and then an album of absolute garbage (Haughty Melodic). I hope it got better from there, but I stopped listening.

Our local alternative station locked in on "27 Jennifers", which aside from Doughty's voice, is pretty generic. I thought Haughty Melodic was OK, but Doughty's solo stuff is nowhere near as cool as SC.

jim o'rourke - bad timing - awesome. it's like the simple, honest acoustic guitar of john fahey, blended with the laid-back stylistic syncretism of bill frisell, with a totally unique gift for writing arrangements that are totally unexpected but make complete sense. this album brings together so much that I love about music. I am just kicking myself for not having picked it up sooner (I knew o'rourke did some cool stuff, and this hasd been sitting on my amazon wishlist for a couple years).

Our local alternative station locked in on "27 Jennifers", which aside from Doughty's voice, is pretty generic. I thought Haughty Melodic was OK, but Doughty's solo stuff is nowhere near as cool as SC.

So, am I to understand that SC did anything worth listening to besides Ruby Vroom (which I loved)? I bought the next one and stopped there.

So, am I to understand that SC did anything worth listening to besides Ruby Vroom (which I loved)? I bought the next one and stopped there.

El Oso is one of my favorite albums.

Well...

Top 30, for sure. Good from start to finish.

El Oso is one of my favorite albums.

Well...

Top 30, for sure. Good from start to finish.

Yeah, I'd recommend all 3 SC albums as really f'in good...at least, I only have 3 (Ruby Vroom, Irresistible Bliss, and El Oso).

• 2 months later...

darin turne me on to him. :D

He's on Conan tonight.

Currently listening to the new Telegraph Canyon CD - The Tide and the Current. I like it. Mellow rock is my description.

Ordered something they were playing at the record store today that was really good. Eye something. Should be in next week.

:wacko:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Radiohead, Black Keys, Stereophonics, White Stripes, Pete Yorn, DMB, Jayhawks, Ryan Adams, and of course the classic Zep/Stones/Who/AC/DC etc. I also have some Clash, Ramones and Sex Pistols, a few 80's new wave classics and a lot from 90's alt rock radio.

Pandora is the best invention of the last 20 years, I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to and it doesn't disappoint.

Going to see Pearl Jam close down the Spectrum on Halloween night, my 21st PJ show. :wacko: