[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cassel or Thigpen

toolman

Ok Div Championship game Super Bowl berth on the line! Do I start Cassel against the Raiders in Oak (excellent pass def) or Thigpen home against the Chargers, he lit them up in previous match up but has been cool lately. High winds in KC and chance of thunderstorms in Oak with Cassel coming off the death of his father (can he bring a super human effort ala Brett Favre when his dad passed?) I need this game I'm playing the league noob and I can't let him in the big game I was already let down by L Moore in Chi this week. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm in the same predicament and am leaning towards Thigpen. Still no word on whether Cassel is even playing today and he's playing in the late game so you might have to go with the "sure-thing" with Thigpen playing the early game. To make matters worse for me I also have Shaun Hill

Per CBS Sportsline 12/14/08:

Matt Cassel, QB NE

News: NFL Network reports that Patriots QB Matt Cassel will start at Oakland in Week 15. Cassel briefly left the team on Wednesday after his father, Greg, died Monday night in the Los Angeles area. Cassel was notified of his father's passing on Tuesday, but stayed with the team before flying to Southern California to be with his family.

Analysis: Cassel has completed 64 percent of his passes since taking over for the injured Tom Brady in the season opener. He has thrown for 3,052 yards, with 14 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Even though they allowed three passing touchdowns against San Diego last week, Oakland has done well in pass defense for most of the second half, holding down Jake Delhomme (72 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions), Chad Pennington (174 yards and no touchdowns), Jay Cutler (204 yards and an interception) and Tyler Thigpen (162 yards and an interception). Consider Cassel a No. 2 Fantasy QB now that we know he'll be active.

i gotta go with thigpen.

just don't know how cassel will respond. from the so cal area. the cassel's are a close knit fam (other bros) gotta think his head is not in it too much. just don't know. reall yhave not seen him deal with something like this on the big stage