[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwayne Bowe vs Randy Moss

Square

I know Moss can go off, but Bowe has been super consistent. I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go for my local SB.

5 of the last 7 weeks, Moss has scored under 9 points (7, 7, 9, 36, 6, 6, 20). Now, he does have his games of 36 and 20 last week, but I don't know if that means I can trust him this week at home against the Cards. I am assuming that NE is going to have to put up some points to win that game and they are desperate for a victory to stay after the playoffs. Jackson and Berrian made the AZ defense look terrible last week so its possible for Moss to have a big game.

Bowe has been my most consistent player. The ceiling is lower than Moss, but he has been reasonable. Since the beginning of the year Bowe has scored 12, 12, 12, 11, 7, 11, 15, 9, 10, 20, 12, 3, 12, 13. That means that only 2 weeks has he put under 9 points on the board. This week they face the Dolphins at home.

Which one is the better start? Steve Smith is my other WR and I don't think I can bench him after last week. I could play both Bowe and Moss at flex, but that means I have to sit T. Jones @ SEA, Slaton @ OAK, or Sjax vs. 49ers this week (all have reasonable matchups). This is the SB in my main money league so any help is appreciated. Gracias.

I think you have to start Moss unless there is a snow storm with some decent wind. That would be the concern ala last year's game against Miami in Foxboro. Arz is horrible against the pass T-Jax dropped 4 TD's on them...that says alot. Favre dropped 6 down on them and he hasn't done a whole lot since. Moss might score 4 times if the whether is clear enough. Bowe has been really consistent but I would go with Moss. Smitty has a tough match up but you can't really bench him I guess. S-Jax has underperformed and SF DF has been underrated it seems a bit. They have not been run on lately too much it seems. If you bench anyone for Bowe I would bench S-Jax...but I think personally I would just bench Bowe. That is my take as of now on the situation. Your team is pretty stacked and you should have a good shot of winning this week it would seem. Good luck.

I think you have to start Moss unless there is a snow storm with some decent wind. That would be the concern ala last year's game against Miami in Foxboro. Arz is horrible against the pass T-Jax dropped 4 TD's on them...that says alot. Favre dropped 6 down on them and he hasn't done a whole lot since. Moss might score 4 times if the whether is clear enough. Bowe has been really consistent but I would go with Moss. Smitty has a tough match up but you can't really bench him I guess. S-Jax has underperformed and SF DF has been underrated it seems a bit. They have not been run on lately too much it seems. If you bench anyone for Bowe I would bench S-Jax...but I think personally I would just bench Bowe. That is my take as of now on the situation. Your team is pretty stacked and you should have a good shot of winning this week it would seem. Good luck.

I agree. Your WR core is excellent. I'd go with Randy Moss over Bowe unless there is really bad weather. Monitor the weather for Steve Smith's game as well. It's supposed to be bad up in the Meadowlands as well. Insert Bowe for either Moss or Smith if the weather conditions demand it.

See mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...=0#entry2733976

Think about it this way, the downside on Moss (based on the data you've shown) is like 3-4 pts less than what it seems like you can pretty much pencil in Bowe for every week. In exchange for that, you've also got a shot to get 25+. That seems like a low risk/ high reward deal. Especially considering that you're deep enough that you can afford one dog in your starting line-up.

Now, like others have said, if it's snowing badly or something, maybe not. However, NE has a ton to play for and could be in a shoot out if the weather holds.

Go with Moss and Slaton. OAK is horrible against the run. Like everyone else said keep an eye on the weather with Moss. Who knows how Cassell will do in bad weather. T. Jones is an option in Seattle as well it looks to be cold there too, Farve is good in the cold but who knows about his recievers.

start ur Rbs i'll take my chances with 25 touches over a receivers 5-10 touches. And I don't know when T.Jones wasn't a good option as someone stated he might be a good option this week :wacko: Hasn't he been one of the best options all year long cmon people :D That hasn't changed start him and reap the rewards!!

DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE IN SEMIS LAST WEEK...I over thought MOss vs Ashomgua, Cassell possibly NOT even playing , and pulled MOSS out of my lineup Sunday morning , and put Bess in......I lose by 18 points, with the difference between MOSS (on bench) abd Bess being, u guessed it, 18 points !!! It would've been a 3 -way game for the champoinship , with me in it, if I were NOT SUCH A F----ING MORON ! MORAL OF STORY....always play your studs, even if blizzard or sunami !!!!!!!! :wacko:

Edited by wildbluefan

Thanks for the advice guys. Right now, I have T. Jones, Slaton, Sjax (@ flex), S. Smith, & Moss starting. That leaves Bowe out, but I have a feeling that I'm going to need to over-achieve this week to pull this off (bowe either gets yardage or a TD...never both). I really think Sjax can top 100 yards and should have a TD against the 49ers. Moss (as long as it isn't 40 mph wind) should have 1 TD this game. I'll have Bowe as my backup if the weather is truly disasterous (I started D. Anderson as a QB last year in the semis and got a whole 5 points so I've been burned by really bad weather before).