[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Overhaul my lineup for championship game?

footballzombie

I've had a fairly good lineup all season that led me to the regular season championship in my league and a semi-final playoff win. But now I'm facing a very dangerous and deep opponent capable of destroying a fantasy scoreboard.

Our players have fed off each other most of the season, and a large reason why we both are in this championship game is due to a trade that was made at midseason. I sent him Drew Brees for Jake Delhomme, Reggie Wayne, and the Chicago defense - later sending Wayne elsewhere for Matt Forte straight up.

In this matchup, I have three areas where I could potentially duplicate TD's with him - which is something I would like to avoid when I need every independent point possible.

We start 2 QB's, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 2 DEF's.

Basic Scoring System:

1/25 passing 6 pt TD's (-2 INT)

1/10 rushing 6 pt TD's (-2 fumble loss)

1/15 receiving 6 pt TD's

My Suggested Lineup:

QB - Aaron Rodgers (@ CHI)

QB - Dan Orvlosky (NO)

RB - Matt Forte (GB)

RB - Chris Johnson (PIT)

WR - Larry Fitzgerald (@ NE)

WR - Dwayne Bowe (MIA)

WR - Kevin Walter (@ OAK)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (MIA)

K - Stephen Gostkowski (ARI)

DEF - Carolina (@ NYG)

DEF - Chicago (GB)

Bench:

QB - Brian Griese (SD)

QB - Tavaris Jackson (ATL)

QB - Jake Delhomme (@ NYG)

RB - Leon Washington (@ SEA)

RB - Ryan Grant ( @ CHI)

RB - Joseph Addai (@ JAX)

RB - Dominic Rhodes (@ JAX)

-----------------------------------------

My opponents projected lineup

QB - Drew Brees (@ DET)

QB - Kurt Warner (@ NE)

RB - Frank Gore (@ STL) - could be replaced with Tomlinson or Ronnie Brown prior to game time

RB - Pierre Thomas (@ DET)

WR - Greg Jennings (@ CHI)

WR - Steve Smith (@ NYG)

WR - Andre Johnson (@ OAK)

TE - Dallas Clark (@ JAX)

K - John Kasay (@ NYG)

DEF - Green Bay (@ CHI)

DEF - NY Jets (@ SEA)

Bench:

RB - Tomlinson (@TB)

WR - Owens (BAL)

RB - R. Brown (@ KC)

TE - Witten (BAL)

QB - Fitzpatrick

WR - Colston (@DET)

DEF - New England

------------------------------

I have raided the waiver wire for nearly every possible QB that I think has a chance to start next week for this one reason - I have no desire to start Jake Delhomme with Steve Smith on the other side. America knows that Delhomme loves to stare down Smith and will do so even at the risk of a 4 INT game. Rodgers, on the other hand, does a much better job of spreading the football around and will not necessarily force the ball to Jennings.

Therefore, I feel OK with starting Rodgers. I am leaning towards Orlovsky as a surprise start due to the shaky pass defense of New Orleans, it's at home, and the very real reality that if DET doesn't win this week - they are not avoiding the 0-16 season at Green Bay in Week 17. Plus, with New Orleans freshly out of the playoffs, their mental state is up in the air. Most of all, Orlovsky would be a fresh source of points in a matchup littered with duplication.

Chris Johnson gets the start against the Steelers, despite a tough run defense. There is no definite word on how the carries would be split between Addai and Rhodes and again, that has to be taken into consideration when every point is critical. I may decide to give Ryan Grant the start here against CHI instead, since a Rodgers to Grant TD results in double the points.

Even though Warner sits on the other side, I really can't lose my mind and bench Fitzgerald in this spot for an Isaac Bruce off the WW. Or can I? Thoughts?

Since I own both Aaron Rodgers and Chicago, a positive CHI play can be offset by a loss of points for Rodgers. In the regular season, I wouldn't really be concerned with this. Yet it's championship week and all chips have to be shoved to the middle of the table. I'm strongly considering standing pat with Chicago, but the mighty defenses of Cleveland, San Diego, Kansas City, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Detroit are out there. Is it worth rolling the dice with one of these dregs to stay out of duplication?

Sorry for the novel. My only defense is that its championship week!

This is a very difficult match up for you. You need to make bold moves because on paper your opponent is favored.

II like your Dan Orvlosky start. I think it's a good move for a second QB.

I don't like your Chris Johnson start. I know it seems safe but I don't think Tennessee will be able to run on Pittsburgh, at least not enough to get the points you need. I would rather start Addai (good match up) or Tashard Choice (has proven he's good no matter what defense) if he is available on the waiver wire.

I hate to say it,but it looks really bad for you. Best of luck to ya' man. Even if ya' lose, you got further than I did, so I gotta give it up to ya'.

I don't like Johnson this week either- all your other options at RB look to be better than CJ this week, Leon is iffy, just because he is not the lead back, I would maybe go with Grant or Addai/Rhodes.

I'm sitting Chris Johnson this week as well and I'd suggest the same to you. I'd probably start either Rhodes or Addai. I'm not very informed on if Addai will be healthy this week, but I'd almost favor Rhodes regardless. Seems like he has played better as of late. GL.

Please see mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=277080

I appreciate everyones input into my situation. Dallas Clark went off for 13 points last night, so I feel inclined to roll the dice and I hope I can pull off the coaching job of coaching jobs in this matchup.

Here's what I'm rolling with:

QB - Dan Orvlosky (NO)

RB - Matt Forte (GB)

RB - Ryan Grant (@ CHI)

WR - Isaac Bruce (@ STL)

WR - Dwayne Bowe (MIA)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (MIA)

K - Ryan Longwell (ATL)

DEF - Carolina (@ NYG)

DEF - San Diego (@ TB)

My opponents projected lineup:

QB - Drew Brees (@ DET)

QB - Kurt Warner (@ NE)

RB - Ronnie Brown (@ KC)

WR - Marques Colston (@ DET)

WR - Steve Smith (@ NYG)

TE - Dallas Clark (13 pts)

K - Garrett Hartley (@ DET)

DEF - Green Bay (@ CHI)

DEF - NY Jets (@ SEA)

Reasons for changes:

1) Isaac Bruce (FA pickup, benching Fitzgerald) Projected bad weather conditions in New England aside, I can't trade TD's with Warner. Here's hoping the Reverend is motivated to return to his old stomping grounds and put up some numbers.

2) Ryan Longwell (FA pickup) - This one was pretty simple - Gostkowski might get hammered by the NE weather tomorrow, and Longwell kicks in a dome with an offense that doesn't always finish drives with touchdowns. Has the ability to connect from 50+ for 5 points a pop.

3) San Diego (FA pickup) - They've been hurt by the pass all year. But with Rodgers and Grant in my lineup, I don't need many +2/-2 cancellations on an interception or fumble. Plus, we are awarded points defensively based on points allowed. I'd hate for a 30+ point GB night to be tempered by a loss of -5 for the Bears defense.

San Diego still has something tangible left to play for and I have a gut feeling they'll be effective against Tampa.

I appreciate everyones input into my situation. Dallas Clark went off for 13 points last night, so I feel inclined to roll the dice and I hope I can pull off the coaching job of coaching jobs in this matchup.

Here's what I'm rolling with:

QB - Dan Orvlosky (NO)

RB - Matt Forte (GB)

RB - Ryan Grant (@ CHI)

WR - Isaac Bruce (@ STL)

WR - Dwayne Bowe (MIA)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (MIA)

K - Ryan Longwell (ATL)

DEF - Carolina (@ NYG)

DEF - San Diego (@ TB)

My opponents projected lineup:

QB - Drew Brees (@ DET)

QB - Kurt Warner (@ NE)

RB - Ronnie Brown (@ KC)

WR - Marques Colston (@ DET)

WR - Steve Smith (@ NYG)

TE - Dallas Clark (13 pts)

K - Garrett Hartley (@ DET)

DEF - Green Bay (@ CHI)

DEF - NY Jets (@ SEA)

Reasons for changes:

1) Isaac Bruce (FA pickup, benching Fitzgerald) Projected bad weather conditions in New England aside, I can't trade TD's with Warner. Here's hoping the Reverend is motivated to return to his old stomping grounds and put up some numbers.

2) Ryan Longwell (FA pickup) - This one was pretty simple - Gostkowski might get hammered by the NE weather tomorrow, and Longwell kicks in a dome with an offense that doesn't always finish drives with touchdowns. Has the ability to connect from 50+ for 5 points a pop.

3) San Diego (FA pickup) - They've been hurt by the pass all year. But with Rodgers and Grant in my lineup, I don't need many +2/-2 cancellations on an interception or fumble. Plus, we are awarded points defensively based on points allowed. I'd hate for a 30+ point GB night to be tempered by a loss of -5 for the Bears defense.

San Diego still has something tangible left to play for and I have a gut feeling they'll be effective against Tampa.

I'm worried about the San Diego defense. Are the Texans available? That's a good match up.

See mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=277555

The options are few and far between since we start 2 defenses in this league.

Remaining DEF's on waivers:

CLE

KC

NO

CIN

DET

How do you score for defense? Does it matter how points the opponent scores? If so, then I think CIN is not a bad play considering how CIN limited WAS last weekend. But if you are counting on a lot of int's, fumbles, TDs and sacks the CIN is probably not the best choice.