[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Bay D vs Chicago D

Magic Makers

I'm leaning towards Chicago at home. The team I'm playing has Grant and that can go either way. My defense shows up and not only puts up points but stops one of his RB's from scoring or Grant has a good night, kills my Defense and actually helps Green Bay's defense by keeping them off the field. Any thoughts would be apprciated.

I'm leaning towards Chicago at home. The team I'm playing has Grant and that can go either way. My defense shows up and not only puts up points but stops one of his RB's from scoring or Grant has a good night, kills my Defense and actually helps Green Bay's defense by keeping them off the field. Any thoughts would be apprciated.

Honestly, I don't like either but if I had to choose, I'd go Chicago. If the weather is bad, your going to see a boring, run game with little turn overs or sacks. Is there anything else out there on the WW?

cleveland for sure. out of the 2 you have i'd go with gb, just bc orton has looked bad. but definitely pick up cleveland if they're still available

I'm curious to why you would take Cleveland over Oakland? In my league, GB is averaging 13.6 points per game, but I just see a lousy game against Dah Bears. Cleveland is averaging 9 points per game and Cin has been playing actually pretty well (can't believe I just said that). Oakland is averaging 10.8 points per game and have scored 36 points the last 3 games and will be playing Houston at home.

Just curious is all.

i wouldn't want to use any defense against houston in a playoff game. i feel that houston has the potential to be one of the best offenses in the nfl and i just wouldn't want to take a risk in a playoff scenario. we saw what n.e. did to oakland last week and i feel that houston's offense is much more dangerous than the patriots right now.

as for green bay, like i said orton just doesn't look himself since the injury. and you can't dismiss the last time they played...green bay won 35-3 and that was just 5 weeks ago.

as for cleveland, you have to go back to their first meeting of the year.

ftizpatrick vs cle: 3 ints/1fumble/3sacks

cleveland got 19 fantasy pts. in my league their first meeting in cincy and now they play the same team, same qb in cleveland.

I just picked up Cle's D myself and i'm staring them over the NYG and TB defenses

...just reread your post and had to comment on what you said about cinc. playing well. i think you're getting confused because they managed to win last week. did you not see the previous 2 weeks where they only managed a field goal in both games?

Edited by dino88

i wouldn't want to use any defense against houston in a playoff game. i feel that houston has the potential to be one of the best offenses in the nfl and i just wouldn't want to take a risk in a playoff scenario. we saw what n.e. did to oakland last week and i feel that houston's offense is much more dangerous than the patriots right now.

as for green bay, like i said orton just doesn't look himself since the injury. and you can't dismiss the last time they played...green bay won 35-3 and that was just 5 weeks ago.

as for cleveland, you have to go back to their first meeting of the year.

ftizpatrick vs cle: 3 ints/1fumble/3sacks

cleveland got 19 fantasy pts. in my league their first meeting in cincy and now they play the same team, same qb in cleveland.

I just picked up Cle's D myself and i'm staring them over the NYG and TB defenses

...just reread your post and had to comment on what you said about cinc. playing well. i think you're getting confused because they managed to win last week. did you not see the previous 2 weeks where they only managed a field goal in both games?

Okay, I must concede week 14 when Indy absolutely owned Cin. Balt in week 13 did well, but nothing special while week 15 against a very good defense only gave up 1 int and 2 sacks. Fitz is no Cassel, but is starting to show life (well after the fact) and I just don't see a repeat of week 4 where Fitz was int 3 times, sacked 3 times and they fumbled twice against Cle. This is one of those games and rivaleries that Cin will dominate Cle and win by at least 12.

Of course, this is only my perspective and I do appreciate the debate.

we'll agree to disagree. but you can come back and laugh in my face on monday if i was wrong. just try not to laugh too hard bc it may cost me my season if i'm wrong.

I surely won't laugh because I've been wrong many times. Unfortunately, football (escecially this year) is a guessing game. You can research all day long and think you have it nailed and then BOOM, some high school team kidnaps your team in plays in their place. Look at the NYG / Cle game. I would have never expected that in a million years and I think Vegas lost their shirt on that one.

I am in a similar position and was considering picking up Cleveland D as many are advising.... however, I just dont have the confidence in Cleveland as I do Chicago-- I would be kicking myself if Chicago D does well and Cleveland doesn't.

Green Bay is deflated now that they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs--- no way do they have the edge to compete with a Chicago team that is in a must win position. A special teams TD would only be a bonus. (Look at what happened to a relieved AZ and TN team last week after clinching = no edge to compete)

Also, the fun of having one last push for points on MNF is always fun-- especially championship week! Good luck.

Thanks guys for all the responses, I think I'll lean towards Chicago right now. They do have something to play for and are at home in prime time. MNF has been really bad to me this year and I hope I can shake that this week. Depending on the score going into MNF I'll decide to put Chicago vs his RB Grant or play Green Bay so not to lose as many points because of what Grant might do.