[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dare I bench Titans Def. and grab Browns off WW v CIN?

thud

Hey all,

The Huddle and the community has gotten me into the Championship game. *woohoo* Thanks all.

I'm in a bit of a spot though, trying to squeeze out as many points as I can, and hope you can help.

I have the Titan's defense/special teams and have played them almost the whole season with good results. However, they are playing PIT this week, and lost Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch. How much is this going to hurt their performance? I'm guessing the run stopping power is way down and the pass rush as well.

Enter the Cleveland Browns. CLE DST is sitting on the WW and they are playing the Bungles this week, at home. Anyone think CLE Defense/special teams will outscore the Titans this week and be worth starting?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

i responded to a similar post.

tenn/bal a slug fest. don't see a lot of balls going in the air or held with one arm

cinn/cle more free wheeling, neither team concerned about playing it safe and not losing a playoof spot

clev

Edited by insideout33

I don't see any scenario where I would drop the Titans D/ST for Cleveland this year. The loss of Hanesworth isn't good news but the Titans have a bunch of good players on that side of the ball and even though the Steelers O-Line has been coming together as of late, they are still susceptible to the sack. Roethlesberger is good for one dumb turnover at a minimum per game too. Start Tenn.

Please give an opinion on my post.

I say take a chance. I'm in a league where the D/ST only gets points for doing something like sacks, ints, fumbles, tds. There are no points for holding a team to a certain number of points. As a result, Cleveland's D/ST scored 14 points against me, which really surprised me. I still won, but it was closer than I thought it would be on Monday night when I was up by 24 and my opponent cut it to 10. In another league with the same scoring rules, I had Tennessee, and they only scored 5 points. Tennessee is good at limiting points, but not really scoring that much. I like Cleveland here.

See mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=277084