[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Schaub

Ben Underhill

I noticed that there are at least three posts related to owners in their league championship game this weekend who have to decide whether to start Matt Schaub or some other QB who has led them for the year. Schaub faces a weak Oakland defense this Sunday.

In my case it's Schaub vs Aaron Rogers. Green Bay is at Chicago against a weak Bears's Defense. So who do I play....Rogers or Schaub. It's complicated by the fact that I also have Andre Johnson...so do I spread the risk and start Rogers and Johnson or go for broke and go Schaub and Johnson and hope they connect. The Huddle, CBS, ESPN has both QB's throwing basically the same. Standard league 6 points for a TD, accrue a point every 50 yards after 200 and lose a point for an interception.

What do you think....who are your Schaub picks between???

Thanks for any input...

asabweiukaltardesd :wacko: will be covering johnson.

OAK secondary not that weak.

i say rodgers. playing to keep CHI out of playoffs and rodgers playing to get better ad keep the fans on his side

While Asomugha is a stud they didn't stop Cassel and Moss. Dorey has Oakland rated as 19th in regards to fantasy scoring by a qb. Chicago is ranked 18th. I also like what I've seen from Houston the past couple of week. Can't say the same about Green Bay.

I noticed that there are at least three posts related to owners in their league championship game this weekend who have to decide whether to start Matt Schaub or some other QB who has led them for the year. Schaub faces a weak Oakland defense this Sunday.

In my case it's Schaub vs Aaron Rogers. Green Bay is at Chicago against a weak Bears's Defense. So who do I play....Rogers or Schaub. It's complicated by the fact that I also have Andre Johnson...so do I spread the risk and start Rogers and Johnson or go for broke and go Schaub and Johnson and hope they connect. The Huddle, CBS, ESPN has both QB's throwing basically the same. Standard league 6 points for a TD, accrue a point every 50 yards after 200 and lose a point for an interception.

What do you think....who are your Schaub picks between???

Thanks for any input...

I'm going with Schaub over Romo in one league and Manning over Schaub in the other. In the Schaub over Romo scenario I have Choice going in that game and don't want to put all my eggs in the Dallas v. Baltimore basket. So I can relate to your Johnson/Schaub fears. That said, I think that Chicago playing for their playoff life at home on Monday night is pretty strong motivation. Bottomline: I think you'll get decent stats out of either guy with Schaub having a much higher ceiling.

You need to find a fine balance between hunches, stats, and matchups, and trends.

IMO Schaub is the way to go, no doubt.

I completely feel your 'diversification' of risk point of view-- but Houston is a COMPLETELY different team when Schaub is healthy. They certainly have offensive capabilities... Houston is hot-- and with Slaton running the ball on such a weak run D there is plenty of opportunity for the offense to throw the ball as well.

The Packers have not won a game since they beat the Bears-- look it up. They are deflated since they are now mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The Bears on the other hand--- they vividly remember that the Packers embarassed them + are extremely motivated for the playoffs. Look for Rodgers to get banged up as he always does and probably throw some picks.

Schaub.

can anyone argue cutler over schaub? supposed to be mighty cold in denver vs buffalo, but i'm sure they'd be fine as long as its dry

I'm starting Schaub over Warner in one league, but I've left Cutler in as QB in my other SB. I think he'll have a serviceable day against Buffalo. I'd go with your gut on that but you should get solid points either way. GL.

I would stick with shaub. Both oakland starting wr's are out, so not that that mattered in them moving the ball, but it sure makes it easier for HOU to focus on TE miller and RB McFadden/Fargas. Houston should be in the redzone all day...I see them sharing the TD's with everyone

Houston should be in the redzone all day...I see them sharing the TD's with everyone

From your keyboard to the FF god's ears! I just realized I'm starting Schaub, Slaton, and Owen Daniels in my main local league. I might as well go buy a freaking jersey. Hopefully, Oakland continues to suck as bad as they have.