[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes Finale

The Irish Doggy

**beware, there be spoilers ahead**

I was really disappointed this season until the last few episodes. The constant influx of new characters, alternate time-line jumping, and 180 degree character turn arounds from good to bad or vice versa was really bringing the series down IMO. I am looking forward to things more for next season however. Thankfully,

they pruned the cast of minor characters significantly

in the finale and seem to be focused on a single time-line again. I'm still not on board with the moral pendulums in some characters. The justification for

Nathan following Mr. Petrelli's work

is very weak to me.

One thing I'm really not clear on:

Why is Mr. Petrelli dead when he absorbed both Adam Monroe and Peter's powers? Peter had Claire's healing power.

**beware, there be spoilers ahead**

I was really disappointed this season until the last few episodes. The constant influx of new characters, alternate time-line jumping, and 180 degree character turn arounds from good to bad or vice versa was really bringing the series down IMO. I am looking forward to things more for next season however. Thankfully,

they pruned the cast of minor characters significantly

in the finale and seem to be focused on a single time-line again. I'm still not on board with the moral pendulums in some characters. The justification for

Nathan following Mr. Petrelli's work

is very weak to me.

Why is Mr. Petrelli dead when he absorbed both Adam Monroe and Peter's powers? Peter had Claire's healing power.

Future peter was killed the same way. Apparently you can damage that "off-button" part of the brain with a bullet.

Either that or they are actually zombies and only a bullet to the brain is effective... :wacko:

They've made it pretty clear that despite the healing power, a puncture to the brain (Claire having the stick lodged in her head season one, future Peter, Sylar in the same episode, etc...) or decapitation is the only way to kill the ones with healing power.

In addition to that, the bullet also hit Petrelli square in the brain when the Haitian had his powers turned off. Factor those two things together.... I agree though, they definitely should have explained it a bit.

They've made it pretty clear that despite the healing power, a puncture to the brain (Claire having the stick lodged in her head season one, future Peter, Sylar in the same episode, etc...) or decapitation is the only way to kill the ones with healing power.

In addition to that, the bullet also hit Petrelli square in the brain when the Haitian had his powers turned off. Factor those two things together.... I agree though, they definitely should have explained it a bit.

Right, but the brain puncture had to be in the back of the head (Claire's little speech on how to kill Sylar), and once an object was removed, like the stick, the body would recover. I forgot about the Hatian, but still once he left the room, I would have thought Claire's ability would kick back in and he would be alive. The only way this makes sense to me is if the bullet punctured through and obliterated the back of Mr. petrelli's head. I guess Sylar would know the limitation, and be sure of the bullet's path.

hideous finale wrapping up what did have some promise at one point.

as others said, there was no reason given for nathan's turn to follow his father. out of nowhere he found it critical that we are able to give other's powers for some reason. people taking the formula to get powers is just lame. somehow the flash chick and hiro's pal find hiro at just the right time the very first time they experiment with time travel. absolutely no reason given for the eclipse and its effects. no real reason why sylar turned back to the dark side so quickly.

just a mess.