[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

blizzard in new england

juiceman

I had decided to bench T Romo but now I see Cassel faces mother nature. He may do okay but is it better odds to start Romo. My other option is pigpen or I could even pick up Hill. I am in a championship game, the guy I am facing has Brees vs Lions- bad timing for me. So I am panicking here, what should I do? I had just wanted to start Cassel and watch him be huge but now I am not so sure anymore....Don't want to watch S Morris run in 2 tds while the pats win 20 to 3. Damn it all to hell, please help!

Juice-

I'm facing the same dilemma.

In 1 league I'm trying to decide between Schaub, Cutler, and Cassel. I'm not wild about Cutler lately, especially facing the bills, and I've had cassel on the bench each time he's went off, (we get big points for yardage) so I was going to start him, but now the weather isn't looking good. I'm leaning very heavily towards schaub v. the raiders, but I'll be watching the weather...I'd really like to start Cassel.

In another league I've got Schaub and Brees. I've only got a couple rules 1) beer in a bottle, cold. and 2) start players playing the lions. BUT- I've got a really bad gut feeling about Brees v. Lions this week. The Lions AREN'T going to win outside in CheeseTown next week, so this game is their entire season & they've been "in" these games until all of a sudden they weren't. All the common sense in the world should say start Brees, but N.O may get up and just run the ball to death and not have to pass. I think I'm gonna start Schaub in both leagues.

In your case, I think I'd watch the weather closely for N.E. www.wunderground.com is a good site & if it looks like the weather isn't going to be terrible I'd start Cassel. If it looks like it's going to be windy, I wouldn't be scared of Romo...he's a quality QB, the Boy's need the game & Romo has something to prove. I'm starting Witten & I have a quality option at TE.

just my .02

Good Luck, Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy

UD

Juice-

I'm facing the same dilemma.

In 1 league I'm trying to decide between Schaub, Cutler, and Cassel. I'm not wild about Cutler lately, especially facing the bills, and I've had cassel on the bench each time he's went off, (we get big points for yardage) so I was going to start him, but now the weather isn't looking good. I'm leaning very heavily towards schaub v. the raiders, but I'll be watching the weather...I'd really like to start Cassel.

In another league I've got Schaub and Brees. I've only got a couple rules 1) beer in a bottle, cold. and 2) start players playing the lions. BUT- I've got a really bad gut feeling about Brees v. Lions this week. The Lions AREN'T going to win outside in CheeseTown next week, so this game is their entire season & they've been "in" these games until all of a sudden they weren't. All the common sense in the world should say start Brees, but N.O may get up and just run the ball to death and not have to pass. I think I'm gonna start Schaub in both leagues.

In your case, I think I'd watch the weather closely for N.E. www.wunderground.com is a good site & if it looks like the weather isn't going to be terrible I'd start Cassel. If it looks like it's going to be windy, I wouldn't be scared of Romo...he's a quality QB, the Boy's need the game & Romo has something to prove. I'm starting Witten & I have a quality option at TE.

just my .02

Good Luck, Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy

UD

UD, I had Schaub and cut him when he got hurt not thinking he would return healthy. I think he is a stud and is as capable as any good qb of putting up silly numbers in a given week- we also get big points for points once we hit 220 minimum. The Texans seem to be playing playoff ball now that they are out of the hunt and may very well dismantle the hapless raiders. In other words, he's a nice option to fall back to if you are feeling insecure with your other horses. I don't share your concern with Cutler- he's a beast. Now, honestly, while I want Brees to do poorly, I think he is a very solid start. Even if the lions slow him down he should get no less than 2 tds and 300 yds. In my situation I will just have to decide by game time tomorrow night. I feel if the wind is going to be strong then I should go with Romo, as you advized. Right now that seems to be the likely forecast. Thanks for your input it is appreciated.

Juice