[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to Start? Forte or Turner?

Steel Crew

Always start the player you believe will score the most points

Normally I would go with Forte.....GB has a weak D and it is a PPR league. Espec with Turner going aginst Min D, who is one of the best in the league. Problem is, Forte is injured with turf toe so I assume he will be slowed. That is why I can't decide between the 2. Do you like Forte better?

Normally I would go with Forte.....GB has a weak D and it is a PPR league. Espec with Turner going aginst Min D, who is one of the best in the league. Problem is, Forte is injured with turf toe so I assume he will be slowed. That is why I can't decide between the 2. Do you like Forte better?

I like the one that will score the most points best ... go with that one

Are there any times when there is an exception to this rule? Like say the weather is bad, or you're playing against your mother-in-law, or you've never played FF before?

I'd say that anybody that is in a league with his MIL probably isn't in his right mind anyway. I've heard of several other strategies that may over ride this one:

1) Sometimes you bench the WR you think will score the most points in order to start the WR that your opponent's QB throws to. This will allow your WR to cancel out your opponent's QB points. So you get a double bonus ... your WR scores you points AND cancels out your oppenents QB.

2) Sometimes you need to lose a game to improve your playoff seeding.

I'm wondering that if through all your analysis you feel that both players will score the exact amount of points...well then, Blitz's theory goes right out the window and it's simply pointless.

See ... on the rare occassion when that occurs ... then you have kick your analysis up a notch. Here is a list of tie-breakers to assist you when this occurs:

Which player has the hottest looking wife or girl friend .. BONUS if he has both

Which player does your wife think is the cutest

Which player would Henry Muto start

Edited by Grits and Shins

I would start Matt Forte. If you are worried that they won't start him, then grab Adrian Peterson (CHI) off the waiver wire and plug him in just in case Forte sits at game time. I think Forte will play, and it's a good match up. Even if Forte doesn't play, I think Adrian Peterson (CHI) would be a good play as well. I would take a chance and wait for Forte. I don't like Michael Turner's match up.

See mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=277555