[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need a new method for giving advice, hardly anyone responds.

The Yakuza

I don't post often and I tend to just read most of the posts but we need to figure out a way to do the WDIS threads. Someone usually posts their dilema and then maybe one or two people respond even though quite a few people post on here.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Part of the problem is the churn rate - there are so many WDIS posts on Sat & Sun that almost every thread gets bumped to the black hole of page two after 10 minutes, before more than 1-2 replies can be added ... toss in the massive amount of similar or outright duplicate questions, and real advice starts to be tough to come by.

Not sure that there is any sure-fire answer, but one idea would be for people to actually look at the board for a minute before posting, to see if a similar question to theirs has already been posted & a useful thread already underway ... another would be for the FA Forum to be re-organized a bit, so that there are "sub-forums" or at least "pinned" topics each week by position / category - ie, the "QB WDIS" thread, the "RB WDIS" thread, etc.

I dunno, but I don't think there will be a magic bullet solution for this FF dilemma.

Edited by ts

TS,

The last part there is something I had thought would be a good idea. WDIS-RB thread and a WDIS-WR thread. If we had a thread each week for positions and didn't allow other threads to be started on the same topics then everyone would have to post in those threads.

Seems like it would work rather well.

I agree that on game day a lot of threads get started and they end up on the second page within a few minutes.

I agree something needs to change. I try to give my 2 cents as much as possible, but then when I turn around and post something of my own it rarely gets more than 2 replies (if that) before getting lost in the abyss. It's frustrating when your getting less than a 10:1 ratio of replies to others vs replies to your own questions.

I like the idea of some kind of system that shows who has taken their time out to help others and not just leeching. For example, a couple weeks ago someone was on here (can't remember the name) and he kept asking the same question with multiple posts (around 5 at least) and bumping each one. This doesn't help with other people's post getting lost. So I looked at this guy's account and he hadn't made a single reply to anyone else on the site, but he continued to ask why noone would respond to him.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great. We've got an entire year to come up with something.

I think we can get a lot of support for change. Like I said before I don't post often and one reason is because I look at 95% of the threads and there is only a few posts so what is the point if I can't have a good conversation or whatever.

I still think that the WDIS threads will work the best.

TS,

The last part there is something I had thought would be a good idea. WDIS-RB thread and a WDIS-WR thread. If we had a thread each week for positions and didn't allow other threads to be started on the same topics then everyone would have to post in those threads.

Seems like it would work rather well.

I agree that on game day a lot of threads get started and they end up on the second page within a few minutes.

I just thought of something, so it's a bit rough around the edges but let me know what you think.

With regards to the WDIS and sub-categories of each positions. What if at the start of every week we made a separate post for each position (qb, wr, rb, etc) with a list of every relevant player at that position. We could set up a poll with the list of those players and everyone comes into it and ranks each player from best to worst for the week. With our rankings we could eliminate alot of WDIS posts because people could see where their players sit within the list and already know our opinions on the subject.

Does that make any sense? Let me know if that sounds like something that could work or even if you think it's bullpoopy lol <<<(lol they censored b.s. w/ poopy)

Edited by dino88

Too many sheep, not enough shepherds ... too many people that are not interested in reading other posts and not interested in answering other questions ... they simply want their hands held.

It would be a step in the right direction if all rate my team and rate my trade posts were shuffled off to another forum (or deleted).

However, no matter how many "rules" there are people will ignore them. To my point visit the posting rules pinned at the top of this forum and see how many of those rules are regularly violated.

Too many sheep, not enough shepherds ... too many people that are not interested in reading other posts and not interested in answering other questions ... they simply want their hands held.

It would be a step in the right direction if all rate my team and rate my trade posts were shuffled off to another forum (or deleted).

However, no matter how many "rules" there are people will ignore them. To my point visit the posting rules pinned at the top of this forum and see how many of those rules are regularly violated.

+1000. Pretty much what I was gonna post.

I just thought of something, so it's a bit rough around the edges but let me know what you think.

With regards to the WDIS and sub-categories of each positions. What if at the start of every week we made a separate post for each position (qb, wr, rb, etc) with a list of every relevant player at that position. We could set up a poll with the list of those players and everyone comes into it and ranks each player from best to worst for the week. With our rankings we could eliminate alot of WDIS posts because people could see where their players sit within the list and already know our opinions on the subject.

Does that make any sense? Let me know if that sounds like something that could work or even if you think it's bullpoopy lol <<<(lol they censored b.s. w/ poopy)

Dino I think that is a better idea than the current situation and I believe that once it gets going that people would get used to it. The NEWBS that post the WDIS will figure out that the real posters are only going to post in that thread and the others can all be deleted.

We've got 6 months to figure something out.

Frankly, I can't be bothered to answer people who don't take the time to show they've read what I post. I ain't no genius, but if I'm ignored, I don't bother :wacko:

I typically only respond to those users that I've seen respond to others or who've bothered to acknowledge my comments. I'm sure I've missed some people who are active in 'helping' others.

If there was some sort of "approval" system that gives some kind of "points" to those who take the time to help out, then I bet those users with higher points would get more feedback.

Maybe a simple point system -- +1 for each reply in a thread that's not yours.

I do not respond to others posts but ask for help myself because I do not have enough experience to be giving advice. There must be others like me out there on this board.