[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Advice

computerthings

All,

Looking for some advice from those knowledgable about FFL (or at least willing to try :wacko:. I have made it to the finals in my FFL league and I have 2 QBs on the roster (max 2, start 1). P Manning and J Delhomme. Given that the Colts have locked up their playoff spot, my presumption is that he will play the first quarter, maybe 2, then sit for J Sorgi. I can of course, start Delhomme but my main fear is that he plays 4 quarters, plays a competent game but doesn't post individual stats. Available for pickup are Orton (not wild about), S Wallace, T Jackson, J Garcia and J Russell.

I am somewhat leaning toward T Jackson vs the NYG. Minn is playing at home and there are no weather condition issues (dome).

Any suggestions on what is the best thing to do. Note: I'd like to keep Manning as we have a 3 man keeper that goes into the playoffs so the only roster spot I am looking for advice on is....start J Delhomme? or pickup one of the options I listed. Couple of important things, I primarily only get points for TDs and for yardage over 250 total. Below are the details

Passing Rule Modified

7 point(s) for each touchdown.

2 point(s) for each 2-point conversion.

---

Length of Passing Touchdowns 1 rule defined:

For position: QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, Ks

3 bonus point(s) for scores from 6 to 50 yards.

8 bonus point(s) for scores from 51 to 100 yards.

---

Total Net Passing Yardage 1 rule defined:

5 bonus point(s) each 100 total yards, starting with 250 yard(s).

All,

Looking for some advice from those knowledgable about FFL (or at least willing to try :wacko:. I have made it to the finals in my FFL league and I have 2 QBs on the roster (max 2, start 1). P Manning and J Delhomme. Given that the Colts have locked up their playoff spot, my presumption is that he will play the first quarter, maybe 2, then sit for J Sorgi. I can of course, start Delhomme but my main fear is that he plays 4 quarters, plays a competent game but doesn't post individual stats. Available for pickup are Orton (not wild about), S Wallace, T Jackson, J Garcia and J Russell.

I am somewhat leaning toward T Jackson vs the NYG. Minn is playing at home and there are no weather condition issues (dome).

Any suggestions on what is the best thing to do. Note: I'd like to keep Manning as we have a 3 man keeper that goes into the playoffs so the only roster spot I am looking for advice on is....start J Delhomme? or pickup one of the options I listed. Couple of important things, I primarily only get points for TDs and for yardage over 250 total. Below are the details

Passing Rule Modified

7 point(s) for each touchdown.

2 point(s) for each 2-point conversion.

---

Length of Passing Touchdowns 1 rule defined:

3 bonus point(s) for scores from 6 to 50 yards.

8 bonus point(s) for scores from 51 to 100 yards.

---

Total Net Passing Yardage 1 rule defined:

5 bonus point(s) each 100 total yards, starting with 250 yard(s).

Forgot, the other option that seems appealing is J Garcia vs Oakland. TB will be at home and their playoff hopes are on the line. I don't think the Raiders can run on TB's D, but I also think that Minnesota's D is going to eat Eli....more opportunities for T Jackson. The only thing in favor of Garcia is that he is somewhat consistent. 1-2 TDs, 200 something yards, more times than not over 250 yards.

I'm in a similar situation, although I don't have Delhomme or Garcia available to me. I'm going to bench Peyton, because Dungy is already said those guys aren't going to play a lot. I picked up Seneca Wallace, and I'm pretty comfortable with him going against Arizona's defense. He's also got something to play for (I hope his receivers and O-line feel the same way). In any case, I would sit Peyton. I've got my own problems though, as Week 17 sucks. See my post above and please offer any advice you can!

I would probably rank your options as follows:

1. Wallace

2. Garcia

3. Delhomme

4. Sorgi (assuming he's available)

5. Manning

Good Luck!

Coin flip IMO between Garcia & Delhomme as the "safe" start ... each may be good for 220 / 1, maybe 2 scores for Garcia? Tavaris is the "swing for the fences" play, he could get you 175/0 or 250/3.

I hate week 17 FF playoffs.

Edited by ts

Coin flip IMO between Garcia & Delhomme as the "safe" start ... each may be good for 220 / 1, maybe 2 scores for Garcia? Tavaris is the "swing for the fences" play, he could get you 175/0 or 250/3.

Good point here. How do you feel about your matchup? Do you need big time production from the QB position in order to win, or do you just need to make sure that you don't get stiffed?

I won't be starting Wallace this week, but I will most likely be starting Branch and Morris since I'll be without Wayne and Chris Johnson's services. It's hard not to load up on Seahawks with the way the Cardinals defense has been playing.