[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS WR #1

jimmyfowler

Hey guys, don't post often but desperately in need of help... I'm in a salary-cap league, where you choose your whole team every week. The last few weeks I've slipped, and I really want to go out with a bang with a big week! By choosing some sleepers and value picks at other positions, I've freed up some money to pick a STUD at my WR #1 position... But I can't choose who to go for...

Pick ONE of the following:

Steve Smith vs. NO - Historically torches the Saints, the game has playoff implications for the Panthers, but he's not been getting TDs on the road.

Andre Johnson vs. CHI - Will he bounce back after being contained by Asomugha?

Larry Fitzgerald vs. SEA - Great matchup, Boldin possibly out, but how long will he play for? Do I risk him not playing a full game?

Marques Colston vs. CAR - Brees is gunning for the passing record, and Colston seems to have bounced back, but the Panthers have a great D.

Greg Jennings vs. DET - Another great matchup, but he's not getting much yardage these days.

Thanks for the help! Leave a link and I'll see yours.

Edited by jimmyfowler

Hey guys, don't post often but desperately in need of help... I'm in a salary-cap league, where you choose your whole team every week. The last few weeks I've slipped, and I really want to go out with a bang with a big week! By choosing some sleepers and value picks at other positions, I've freed up some money to pick a STUD at my WR #1 position... But I can't choose who to go for...

Pick ONE of the following:

Steve Smith vs. NO - Historically torches the Saints, the game has playoff implications for the Panthers, but he's not been getting TDs on the road.

Andre Johnson vs. CHI - Will he bounce back after being contained by Asomugha?

Larry Fitzgerald vs. SEA - Great matchup, Boldin possibly out, but how long will he play for? Do I risk him not playing a full game?

Marques Colston vs. CAR - Brees is gunning for the passing record, and Colston seems to have bounced back, but the Panthers have a great D.

Greg Jennings vs. DET - Another great matchup, but he's not getting much yardage these days.

Thanks for the help! Leave a link and I'll see yours.

Go with AJ, he will bounce back at home. No one can cover him and Chicago showed they are vulnerable last week to a pass attack.

Answer mine .... :wacko:

Man, that's a brutally tough call. I would probably go with Fitzgerald simply because he's been so consistent. I think he'll play enough to do some real damage, but if you're concerned about him getting pulled, Smith would be my next choice with Jennings a close third. IMHO, Andre Johnson is too much of a boom or bust player to risk starting when you've got these kinds of options. To be honest, I really haven't folowed Colston very closely this year, so I'm not sure how he's been doing lately, but he seems to have some boom or bust in him as well.

As usual, it depends on how your overall matchup looks and what you feel you need to get out of this particular starter.