[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Challenge

peteteacher2001

QB - Manning definitely looks like the play, as he faces a truly horrid secondary. If not Manning, one may consider Warner... figure he's good for 2-3 scores.

RB - In a PPR, you have to throw Westbrook in there. But how could you not play Adrian Peterson at home? Sure, McClain has been a scoring machine as of late, but too many cooks in that kitchen to give me any level of comfort. Turner is also a consideration ... but yeah, play the freakin' stud already.

WR - Assuming you play three, I'd go with Wayne, one of the Card WRs, and Roddy White.

TE - Clark's the best bet although Gates could be a consideration.

PK - I'd be tempted to play a guy like Akers. Just prefer dome kickers even if the weather in San Diego should be nice enough.

DEF - Baltimore's the best pick for sure.

Edited by darin3

My roster at NFL.com

Manning, Peyton QB IND 66

Turner, Michael RB ATL 55

Sproles, Darren RB SD 17

Jackson, Vincent WR SD 33

Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI 42

Clark, Dallas TE IND 25

Elam, Jason K ATL 28

Ravens DST 30

Would have loved to put in AP, but I like Turner alot in this matchup. Sproles might be a sneaky cheap buy this weekend.

Edited by tazinib1

Thanks Darin. I have 300 "points" to get the team I need. Two wide recievers and Peterson and Turner would put me WAY over my limit.

Also Darin, on a different note, we started recording our new cd yesterday, will have copies ready in February. Check out our myspace for some new stuff!

Would have loved to put in AP, but I like Turner alot in this matchup. Sproles might be a sneaky cheap buy this weekend.

the cards held the giants to 80ish in glendale

Also Darin, on a different note, we started recording our new cd yesterday, will have copies ready in February. Check out our myspace for some new stuff!

i want on that mailing list as well :wacko:

You guys really think the Ravens D is going to get that many points? Chad doesn't turn the ball over and that game Vs the Jets was not like him.

These 2 teams matched up earlier in the season and all the Ravens got was an INT and a sack.

mine on NFL.com

just think that Warner and Cards are ready to go again, not saying they will win, but that O

will turn it on.....LT is looking like the LT of yester year....Heap? Miami can't cover him and Chad will have time

Warner

LT

Westbrk

Wayne

Fitz

Heap

Vinatieri

Balt

edit.....after just finding out that LT has a strained groin, might need to make changes

Edited by pig devilz

i've noticed a little rule quirk on nfl.com. please correct me if i'm wrong:

after this weekend, you only get 8 total lineup changes throughout the playoffs. so you really want to pick guys this week who play for teams who win? you especially dont want to waste lineup changes down the road on kickers and def? it changes the strategy quite a bit and reduces the value of players on teams that will likely lose.

my roster:

manning

turner

sproles

fitzgerald

wayne

clark

akers

BAL D

i've noticed a little rule quirk on nfl.com. please correct me if i'm wrong:

after this weekend, you only get 8 total lineup changes throughout the playoffs. so you really want to pick guys this week who play for teams who win? you especially dont want to waste lineup changes down the road on kickers and def? it changes the strategy quite a bit and reduces the value of players on teams that will likely lose.

my roster:

manning

turner

sproles

fitzgerald

wayne

clark

akers

BAL D

mine is nearly identical...

ryan

turner

sproles

fitz

white

clark

vinatieri

balt

i set the lineup pretty quickly and realized i had plenty of points left over. so, i'll probably change it before the weekend. maybe change out sproles for a better rb.

Edited by dino88

I am playing fantasy playoffs league on a site called fftoc. The quirk in this league is this...you can play any player you want...except only one time for the entire playoffs. So if I take Peyton Manning this week then I can't play him the rest of the way. Also you need to make sure once you make it to the super bowl you haven't blown all your starters...if you take Peyton this week and say Eli next week and if Indy plays NYG in the super bowl you will be left with no QB. The other quirk in the rules you must score 50+ points every week or your out of the game even if you scored 300 pts in week 1 if you score 49 in week 2 your gone. Makes line up decisions that much harder because you kinda want to find a good player on a team that will lose this week. That is the best case situation. So if you think a team might make the superbowl you don't want to play those players...of course if they lose then your stuck because you didn't get to play any of them.

Here ya go... This is the lineup kids

Week: Wildcard

Players Units

Manning, Peyton QB IND 66

Turner, Michael RB ATL 55

Peterson, Adrian RB MIN 50

Wayne, Reggie WR IND 34

Mason, Derrick WR BAL 28

Shiancoe, Visanthe TE MIN 22

Vinatieri, Adam K IND 21

Colts DST 23

Team Units 299

Im kind of torn about the linup above. You could also make a play for R. White and Steve Breaston in the WR slots over wayne and Mason.

What do you think??

You and I have about the same lineup with the exception of Clark for Shiancoe & Colts & Hawks at D.

Just like Clark's upside more than Shaincoe's this week since the Chargers game will be a shootout...but you've got me thinking.

You guys really think the Ravens D is going to get that many points? Chad doesn't turn the ball over and that game Vs the Jets was not like him.

These 2 teams matched up earlier in the season and all the Ravens got was an INT and a sack.

29 pts so far

well, atlanta losing kind of screwed me. i played 3 atlanta players (ryan, turner, white)...so now i've put d.williams and s.smith in for white and turner, riding carolina. i've only got 3 more moves to make after this week. had to change my kicker and still trying to decide on a qb. the best available is warner, but then i would have to change him out next week. value points aren't an issue i'm just trying to figure out who will take me the furthest.

qb - ?

rb - williams

rb - sproles

wr - fitz

wr - smith

te - scaife

k - carney

d - balt

Edited by dino88

good news is that im leading our group with 110, bad news is that 6 of my 8 lost. thinkin my strategy now will be to play players who i feel will make it to the sb. my lineup this week...

big ben

williams

fwp

steve smith

ward

miller

bal backup kicker (played him last week to maximize studs and dont wanna waste a sub on him now)

baltimor d

still left with 2 moves for the rest of the playoffs. obviously if carolina or pit loses, im screwed. what do you guys think?