[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas vs OSU

sacosud

This is such a big game for OSU when you consider the national image of the Big Ten and recruiting aspect. I know Texas feels like they got a bad deal and will be looking to prove a point. If I take off my scarlett and gray glasses for just a second I believe Texas has to look like the better team coming into tonight. I think Colt and Pryor are the keys to the game and I would guess it's going to be easier to stop Pryor than Colt.

Beanie will get his yards and play well, however he did against LSU and the Tigers made adjustments and stopped Wells for the most part in the 3rd quarter and made Boeckman throw which was a complete disaster. I think this could be the case again tonight. Pryor is fantastic runner and reminds me alot of Troy Smith his Sophmore year, Troy liked to use his feet more than throw that year, then he bought into the need to develop his arm and became a above average passer that could run and really that set the tone for the rest of his days at OSU. I believe Pryor also would rather run when he feels some pressure and his throwing needs to progress in the off season and he needs to buy into what Tressel wants from him and if he does that then he will be special down the road.

The point is Pryor can be that great QB wihile Colt is that great QB. Colt is the spoon that stirs the drink, that being said I think this could be one of the more entertaing games this bowl season. I look for this to be a higher scoring game and that has entertainment value all over it.

IMO Texas stacks the line to stop the run and really tries to keep their D- ends and Outside Linebackers honest to keep Pryor in the pocket. I see Texas being aggresive with run blitz and allowing Pryor to step into the pocket and have to make his throws from there, instead of allowing him to roll out of the pocket or opening running lanes. The last thing Texas wants is Pryor improvising with his feet. I would think a very controled blitz package is how Texas will attack OSU tonight on defense. Colt will be spreading us out and using a shorter passing game down the field and taking a shot every so often.

I do believe OSU defense can stop the Texas running game, however Jenkins and the DB's are going to have their hands full tonight and Shipley has that potential to lull you asleep and then explode on you. Texas I fear is slightly better on defense than what they are getting credit for and there is no one who hopes more and roots harder than myself for the Buckeyes. I just do not see how OSU stops Colt for 2 of the 4 quarters and I think that is what it will take. If Texas allows Pryor room to run, than OSU suddenly has a solid chance to win tonight.

My prediction is a higher scoring game than what people think and I see OSU falling just short due to the Freshman QB vs the experience of Colt Mcoy. GOD I PRAY I"M WRONG......GO BUCKS

Texas 34

OSU 28

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a big game for OSU when you consider the national image of the Big Ten and recruiting aspect. I know Texas feels like they got a bad deal and will be looking to prove a point. If I take off my scarlett and gray glasses for just a second I believe Texas has to look like the better team coming into tonight. I think Colt and Pryor are the keys to the game and I would guess it's going to be easier to stop Pryor than Colt.

Beanie will get his yards and play well, however he did against LSU and the Tigers made adjustments and stopped Wells for the most part in the 3rd quarter and made Boeckman throw which was a complete disaster. I think this could be the case again tonight. Pryor is fantastic runner and reminds me alot of Troy Smith his Sophmore year, Troy liked to use his feet more than throw that year, then he bought into the need to develop his arm and became a above average passer that could run and really that set the tone for the rest of his days at OSU. I believe Pryor also would rather run when he feels some pressure and his throwing needs to progress in the off season and he needs to buy into what Tressel wants from him and if he does that then he will be special down the road.

The point is Pryor can be that great QB wihile Colt is that great QB. Colt is the spoon that stirs the drink, that being said I think this could be one of the more entertaing games this bowl season. I look for this to be a higher scoring game and that has entertainment value all over it.

IMO Texas stacks the line to stop the run and really tries to keep their D- ends and Outside Linebackers honest to keep Pryor in the pocket. I see Texas being aggresive with run blitz and allowing Pryor to step into the pocket and have to make his throws from there, instead of allowing him to roll out of the pocket or opening running lanes. The last thing Texas wants is Pryor improvising with his feet. I would think a very controled blitz package is how Texas will attack OSU tonight on defense. Colt will be spreading us out and using a shorter passing game down the field and taking a shot every so often.

I do believe OSU defense can stop the Texas running game, however Jenkins and the DB's are going to have their hands full tonight and Shipley has that potential to lull you asleep and then explode on you. Texas I fear is slightly better on defense than what they are getting credit for and there is no one who hopes more and roots harder than myself for the Buckeyes. I just do not see how OSU stops Colt for 2 of the 4 quarters and I think that is what it will take. If Texas allows Pryor room to run, than OSU suddenly has a solid chance to win tonight.

My prediction is a higher scoring game than what people think and I see OSU falling just short due to the Freshman QB vs the experience of Colt Mcoy. GOD I PRAY I"M WRONG......GO BUCKS

Texas 34

OSU 28

Great analysis. I think that the key to OSU's success is how well Pryor plays. If he can get out of the pocket and do some damage with his feet he could also use that to his advantage by drawing some interest by the defensive backs in run support which might allow the OSU receivers to get behind them for some big gains. I see this game closer than most and I am picking the upset ......

Ohio State = 31

Texas = 30

Never seen the Buckeye fans so scared (not you Sacosud just Buckeye fans in general). And the Texas fans so quiet. Don't really have a strong feeling either way for this contest. However Texas has to be disappointed about playing tOSU. IF forced to pick the game outright Texas wins, but betting wise I would just as soon take the points especially considering how the Big 12 defenses like to give them up. Texas is good but they arn't SEC good.

I feel the only way OSU wins tonight is if their receivers can get seperation. I am sure they will be facing man to man with little help over the top so it would seem they could. However, these same receivers couldnt agianst LSU last year and it allowed the Tigers to stack the box to stop Beanie and pressure Boekman. I think the OSU defense will bend most of the night and break at times so hopefully the Bucks can put up some points. I would think they need to score at least 31 to win, probably 38. The other key is if the Bucks front 4 can get pressure on Colt. God knows Tress doesnt like to blitz in big games. The front 4 needs to step up.

Go Bucks!

Never seen the Buckeye fans so scared (not you Sacosud just Buckeye fans in general). And the Texas fans so quiet. Don't really have a strong feeling either way for this contest. However Texas has to be disappointed about playing tOSU. IF forced to pick the game outright Texas wins, but betting wise I would just as soon take the points especially considering how the Big 12 defenses like to give them up. Texas is good but they arn't SEC good.

I don't see the bravado of the fans in Columbus. I guess losing 2 times on the big stage has people a little more quiet. I do think there is a pretty big portion of the Buckeye nation that has a quiet confidence. I would say most of the people feel Texas is very good, but that the OSU defense is special enough to stop the Texas offense.

I would also take the over, but I would most likely stay away from this game if I gambled ,which I don't.

I love the Buckeye defense and I'm actually pretty happy with our program. My mother, however thinks Tressel is a question mark if the Bucks lose tonight. It's funny how people from different parts of the state feel about the program. I argue that it's incredibly ignorant to be unhappy with the program and though I respect this type of attitude and wanting to win every game. I think it's okay to take a step back and look how OSU was prior to Tress. It's funny how winning can breed a attitude of unrest if the ball slightly goes the other direction. I bring up my mom's attitude only because I hear this from a small group of people around here and it really suprise's me. I could see Tress getting more of this if the Bucks lose tonight. I also want to point out a huge number and I would think it's tha majority support Tress and where the program is.

In Tress I trust....LET"S GO BUCKS!!!!! I'm getting a little fired up now. I also wanted to get what people thought of the game on a Monday night at what 8:15. My son will be pretty blurry eyed tomorrow and I would say there are going to be a lot of people calling in sick tomorrow. Money must it rule the day all the time.!!!!

I can only speak for myself, but I doubt anyone is scared. I do think there is the realization that the Big 10 is down again this year and it becomes very difficult to get a read on your team.

I can only speak for myself, but I doubt anyone is scared. I do think there is the realization that the Big 10 is down again this year and it becomes very difficult to get a read on your team.

Maybe it's the economy, but what I hear there will be alot less Buckeye fans at this game tonight than normal big time bowls . Perhaps this could work to tOSU advantage. You know the players feeling it's them against the world. Certainly didn't hurt LSU in the Peach Bowl.

I like the Bucks chances tonight...... The Big 12 is overrated -period. They loaded up on cupcakes in the non conference (except OU) and then had WAC type shootouts vs piss poor defenses. However, with OKie State, TT and Mizzou, we have seen this conference is just not as good as advertised.

i think Beanie has a nice day running the ball, Pryor makes some plays and the D steps up and gets some pressure on McCoy

OSU 27

Texas 24

Maybe it's the economy, but what I hear there will be alot less Buckeye fans at this game tonight than normal big time bowls . Perhaps this could work to tOSU advantage. You know the players feeling it's them against the world. Certainly didn't hurt LSU in the Peach Bowl.

I dunno- I have seen a ton of Ohio State red around town..........

I feel the only way OSU wins tonight is if their receivers can get seperation. I am sure they will be facing man to man with little help over the top so it would seem they could. However, these same receivers couldnt agianst LSU last year and it allowed the Tigers to stack the box to stop Beanie and pressure Boekman. I think the OSU defense will bend most of the night and break at times so hopefully the Bucks can put up some points. I would think they need to score at least 31 to win, probably 38. The other key is if the Bucks front 4 can get pressure on Colt. God knows Tress doesnt like to blitz in big games. The front 4 needs to step up.

Go Bucks!

UT's secondary is not very good. If their pass-rushers can get to Pryor, it may not matter. But if OSU's line can give him time, he will have a field day.

I'm hoping the Horns figure out a way to keep it close and win late. 40-37 UT.

eh , I'm in the majority of Bucks fans holding my breathe . Our confidence the last 2 season has put us in our place. It's time to get back to 2001 and some modesty here. I have the same feeling about tonight's game as I did in Tempe in '02 . It's us against the world and no one including Vegas gives us much of a chance. Our team has always performed better this way, so here's to the dogs overcoming all odds.

Heading out for the game, so I'll touch back to eat some crow or tip my cup to other Bucks fans if we pull out the "W"

:wacko: GO BUCKS ! !

The more I think of it, the more I suppose I hope UT just throttles OSU. Not for any other reason than to have yet another fan base irritated about what could have been.

Then you'll have Utah undefeated and both UT and USC with dominating BCS bowl game victories all pissed about the fact that they did all they could in January but were randomly excluded from a shot at #1.

Here's to a good game! :wacko:

I appreciate the Longhorn fans......I think they got screwed. But regardless......I hope this is a very competitive game tonight. No blowouts either way. This bowl season has been somewhat dismal......I'm ready for a great game!!

Go Bucks! But in saying that.....there are a ton of terrific players on both sides of this game. Some will be back next year......some will make significant marks on Sundays for years to come. Good Luck. :D

Hey one of you OSU guys. explain to me what the hell sweatervest is doing with this 2 qb thereby putting his best player split out wide. Texas stays close and they will break one soon. I thought this guy was suppose to be a good coach?

I don't understand Tressel rotation with Boekman and Pryor? He's making his offense predictable when he goes to Boekman and Pryor has been throwing the ball pretty well? I think OSU has a lot better chance with Pryor under center. Texas is having trouble containing Pryor and he has moved the ball well against the Longhorns defense. I can see putting Boekman in if it's 3rd and 20+ but otherwise I would ride Pryor.

Come on Tress, your best chance to win is by letting Pryor create. Am I the only one that's seeing this?

Hey one of you OSU guys. explain to me what the hell sweatervest is doing with this 2 qb thereby putting his best player split out wide. Texas stays close and they will break one soon. I thought this guy was suppose to be a good coach?

I was typing the same thing as you posted this. Foolish.