[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas vs OSU

sacosud

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are up by 4, 5 does nothing. But if they can get it to 6, and Texas misses the XP, its a tie game, if Texas scores.
Score was 21-17.

Texas can score 2, 3, 6, 7, or 8. No way Texas can get 21 or 22, but with 6 they can get to 23. So the Buckeyes went for 2 to try to get to 23.

I won't dispute these but that's really reaching.

I'm thinking more along the lines of, from OSU perspective, I want the five point lead so god forbid UT score quickly we're still in position to kick a FG to win.

damn, Texas gets one back. THe S Gideon dropped a INT around the same time of the Tech game, that OSU DL dropped that INT.

One thing is for sure, Texas wont be splitting any NC this year after this game. They were very average tonight from the way they played all year. Texas played like this against OU, and the Sooners roll them.

That was a great game. Congrats to Texas fans and my condolences to OSU fans. Toward the end of the game I actually switched sides and was pulling for OSU to get the BCS loss monkey off of their back.

Tressel looked crushed when Texas scored. Like someone just kicked him in the nuts. Poor guy.

Great game by both teams, just shows how weak the BIG 3 of the mighty LIL 12 is. Tech sux , Tex squeaks by the overated crappy big 10 Bucks and Oklahomo gets pounded by Da Gators. Great to be the highest scoring conference playing NOBODY.

Sour grapes? Me thinks so. Posts like this are the main reason I was pulling for Texas.

Congrats to the Longhorns fans.

I have a sick feeling in my tummy knowing we had this game is so many ways but couldn't bring it home.

I'm sure Texas hasn't faced a team like this all season. They capitalized on our mistakes and made some big plays.

I made up a little list of what I feel our some OSU blunders that led to our defeat.

Beanie out the 2nd half

Missed FG

2 Late hits on the QB allowing for a TD and extending drives, the one that was miscalled allowing for a Texas TD really was criminal.

penalty after penatly stalling drives in the opening quarteg

giving up 2 4th down conversions

2 Texas fumbles that couldn't secure possession of,

2 missed 2 point conversions

Tressel did a good job with Boeckman tonight and I wish he would have did this all season, especially against Penn St, a game we could have won with some air.

In final, if I were OU , I'd be a little worried about what is to come on Thursday. This Texas team isn't anywhere near as good as advertised. OSU is very weak on offense and hasn't been able to pressure with their front four all season until tonight.

Edited by theeohiostate

Sour grapes? Me thinks so. Posts like this are the main reason I was pulling for Texas.

No sour grapes, didn't like my Bucks chances tonight. But the the overall performances of 2 0f the top 3 in the conference has not impressed me at all. Hopefully Fla squashes all doubt about the "so-called" greatest offense ever and we can end this discussion

I made up a little list of what I feel our some OSU blunders that led to our defeat.

Missed FG

2 Late hits on the QB allowing for a TD and extending drives, the one that was miscalled allowing for a Texas TD really was criminal.

penalty after penatly stalling drives in the opening quarteg

giving up 2 4th down conversions

2 Texas fumbles that couldn't secure possession of,

2 missed 2 point conversions

Chris Wells being out for most of the 2nd half.

Sort of think Texas let the Bucks score that last TD just to have a chance. Bucks could have run clock then kicked the game winning FG. :wacko:

Poor Buckeye fans.

Agree, they only had 2 more time outs...another first down and OSU runs the clock down to boot the game winner......

I have not seen that look on the OSU fans since...well.....last year....

Glad OSU did not miss an extra point, so I don't have to hear TOS talk about it for the next 3 weeks....

Pryor is going to be good, you would have thought Mac would have pulled out some old game film on V. Young to get more prepared for tonight...

Great game, even better outcome!! Another win for the Big 12...one left to get!

Wow.....game of inches there! They don't make that 4th down spot....game over.

Nice win Texas!! :D

UG-LY.......but fun game! :wacko:

I have watched that play 3 times on TIVO and I know why the Buckeye staff was going crazy. The official on the near side of the field spotted the ball about a foot short of the 40. Then the head official came in and moved the ball to the 40 where the official on the opposite side of the play had it marked. You'd have to watch it again to see this, but it's clear the ball was moved up 1 foot based on that.

In final, if I were OU , I'd be a little worried about what is to come on Thursday. This Texas team isn't anywhere near as good as advertised. OSU is very weak on offense and hasn't been able to pressure with their front four all season until tonight.

This is is not a playoff system. OU has nothing at all to worry about related to this game. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

No sour grapes, didn't like my Bucks chances tonight. But the the overall performances of 2 0f the top 3 in the conference has not impressed me at all. Hopefully Fla squashes all doubt about the "so-called" greatest offense ever and we can end this discussion

I just prefer fans that take their teams losses with a little but of dignity. Tip your cap to the opponents and their fans and be done with it. By your post UT was damned if they won (beat a crappy team) and damed if they lost (lost to a crappy team). Last time I checked conferences didn't share the NC, so I don't see the reason a lot of folks feel it is necessary to take conference shots at every chance they get. Just gets obnoxious after a while.