[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yoko Pettite

whomper

There has been a lot of talk about Andy Pettites wife pulling the strings on this one and let me be the one to confirm it.My boss lives in the same complex that Pettite lived in (Paul Oniells old place)and he said Pettites wife never had a good thing to say about New York.She slammed it every chance she got and she spent as much time as she could back in texas.If the yanks were on the road and it didnt interfere with the kids school,she went back to Texas.

And this surprises us how? To me, he's shown just how saavy he is -- as a family man and as an athlete.

His wife figured into the decision? Duh!! Hey, when I got married, I picked up an equal partner in all decisions -- maybe that collaborative approach is what kept us married soooo many years while friends waivered spouses like I've waivered WRs this year ...

Didn't like New York? What's not like to about an overcrowed, traffic choked, crime filled, chaotic urban canyon? Sure, it's got its beautiful spots and nice people and nightlife and culture ... The rich can have it all there -- if they can step over the homeless on their way to the theatre ... great place to visit, but I for me still can't imagine living in the chaos of New York City ...

As for the team itself? Go from the irrationality of Steinbrenner's pressure to win it all or be scum -- to a team with a chance to surprise that folks are legitimately excited about ... closer to where you grew up?

I ask again, this surprises us how?

She didnt seem to mind when New york made her a multimillionaire and since when is Houston the new heaven..Is St.Peter gaurding the gates of Houston these days? I ASK YOU

As a long time Yankees fan, I want to stick up for Pettite's wife, too. New York is a high paid pressure cooker. How many millions can a guy spend? Is it his family's fault if Steinny-Heinny threw money at them to start with? Pettite has always stood up for his small-town Christian beliefs, and here he was---pitching in sin-city. I am happy for him to go home to a place where he won't be ostracized by his New York fans for NOT partying. He has a lot of life to lead after baseball. He is building a life for his kids and wife--------as before stated---a Partnership---not an autocracy. Would you rather he leave behind him a dysfunctional family like Mantle? Ted Williams? C'Mon and give him a break.

Interesting to find this post here, but...

Andy went to Deer Park (Houston suburb) and I attended DPs rival high school - La Porte.

I have met the man and know people that are good friends with him. He is a great guy! In a world of dollar signs and hype, it is refreshing to hear a guy turn down a contract to be close to home. Anyway he still got 30 million dollars!!! He has four rings with the Yanks, what else does he have to prove? By the way he has more wins (15) in the post season than any pitcher in history! I think he may be on his way to the Hall. As an Astros fan, I am happy to see him finish his career in Houston.

flag

whomper:

She didnt seem to mind when New york made her a multimillionaire and since when is Houston the new heaven..Is St.Peter gaurding the gates of Houston these days? I ASK YOU

Is this implying he's guarding the gates of New York?

Don't take it so personally.....