[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston's dynasty value

Tford

I'm looking to acquire Colston in a couple dynasty leagues. Looking for a value baseline here.

What kind of offers have you as Colston owners seen (rejected or accepted)? And what kind of value are you looking if you were to move him?

I'm looking to acquire Colston in a couple dynasty leagues. Looking for a value baseline here.

What kind of offers have you as Colston owners seen (rejected or accepted)? And what kind of value are you looking if you were to move him?

I traded Housh for him straight up at mid-season.

Crazy how some people love him and some just hate him.

16 team IDP dynasty

Got him for DQwell Jackson and 1.08

12 team Team D Dynasty

Some guy offered

Derek Anderson

Thomas Jones

Marques Colston

Todd Heap

Adam Vinatieri

for my

Brady Quinn

Ryan Grant

Anthony Gonzalez

Chad Johnson

Dustin Keller

Couldn't take it, don't have the depth to recover from a trade like that.

And the fact that it's not a good trade?

Brady Quinn > Derek Anderson

Ryan Grant = Thomas Jones

Anthony Gonzalez < Marques Colston

Dustin Keller > Todd Heap

Chad Johnson > Adam Vinatieri

I was closer to taking it than you would expect. My team in that league consists of the following.

QB:

Brees

Delhomme

Thigpen

Quinn

RB:

Addai

Rhodes

McFadden

Grant

S Young

WR:

Breaston

Sweed

K Walter

A Gonzalez

S Rice

Burress

James Jones

Roy Williams

Chad Johnson

TE:

O Daniels

D Keller

PK:

Akers

DEF:

NYG

The loss of Keller and Quinn is fairly inconsequential to my roster and I feel that I would have been getting the two best players in the trade. That being said, I didn't really want to move both Johnson and Gonzalez as well as my first rounder.

Hmmm... I have not seen any offers yet and I own him in one of your dynasty leagues :wacko:

Seriously though, I am still pretty high on him and it would take a lot for me to move him. Like you said some are higher on him then others. For dynasty purposes, if I were to draft today I would probably put him in a second tier of about 5-7 guys after Fitz, AJ and CJ.

Hmmm... I have not seen any offers yet and I own him in one of your dynasty leagues :D

Seriously though, I am still pretty high on him and it would take a lot for me to move him. Like you said some are higher on him then others. For dynasty purposes, if I were to draft today I would probably put him in a second tier of about 5-7 guys after Fitz, AJ and CJ.

I can't afford to get him off of you. :wacko:

I saw how high you drafted him in AOTAOP.

I have found his value to be high and steady. I can not remember all the offers I have received for him, but none really even close to his real value and I'm a owner that it would take a lot to get him away from me. I held onto him last year and suffered the injury and lack of production, however was rewarded in the playoffs and championship. Colston was the player that threw me over the top.

I think you have to consider the offense he's in and also injury history when thinking his value, but it would have to be a real over pay for me to let him go.

He is the clear #1 in a high power offense.

You should have to pay high dollar for him. I guess owners that suffered through last years injury and did not enjoy the payoff in the end may have a different view and that could lead to some haters. Colston was not himself those first 2 or 3 weeks and most likely cost some owners playoff births. I know I was not happy and just did make the playoffs.

I gave up the farm to acquire Colston early last season in a dynasty league. I wanted to improve at the WR position and I wanted a young talented receiver on a high powered offense with a prolific passer like Brees. For better or worse at about week 4 or so I traded Chris Johnson AND my first and second round rookie picks in 2009 for him. Afterwards I thought I probably did way overpay. But I was already stacked at RB and needed help at WR. I figure WRs take longer to develop and I was willing to forgo another rookie RB next year to get immediate talent (and long term proven) at the WR position. At the time also I wasn't sure what I had in Johnson with the RBBC approach in TENN. I may regret that trade in the end. Time will tell.

PPR team D dynasty

Swung the following deal.

Got

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Heap, Todd BAL TE

for

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE

Got Owen Daniels as my TE1 in this league so I'm really liking this deal.

I have an owner offering me Colston and his 3rd round pick for B Marshall. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger because I believe Colston is due for a nice rebound season. I think Marshall will struggle with all the coaching changes in Denver.

PPR team D dynasty

Swung the following deal.

Got

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Heap, Todd BAL TE

for

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE

Got Owen Daniels as my TE1 in this league so I'm really liking this deal.

I would say you got a great deal here and would be interested in seeing each teams roster.

I think that is a huge overvalue on Gonzo and the 1.6 ,this owner must really like the 1.6 or Gonzo.

He traded 2 solid wr's for a 2nd year te, Gonzo and a uproven rookie in a ppr league.

I bet you could not believe that was accepted or ran to hit the accept button.

I would say you got a great deal here and would be interested in seeing each teams roster.

I think that is a huge overvalue on Gonzo and the 1.6 ,this owner must really like the 1.6 or Gonzo.

He traded 2 solid wr's for a 2nd year te, Gonzo and a uproven rookie in a ppr league.

I bet you could not believe that was accepted or ran to hit the accept button.

We had bantered back and forth. The offer involving Jones from above was from the same guy. It wasn't any secret that he wanted Gonzalez (likely because he owns Harrison) and by that same token, it wasn't any secret that I wanted to move my 1.06 pick. But yeah you're right, no hesitation on my part. I pulled the trigger right away.

My roster now:

Brees, Drew NOS QB 293 9

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB 165 9

Quinn, Brady CLE QB (I) 24 5

Thigpen, Tyler KCC QB 204 6

Addai, Joseph IND RB 132 4

Grant, Ryan GBP RB 165 8

McFadden, Darren OAK RB ® 120 5

Rhodes, Dominic IND RB 175 4

Young, Selvin DEN RB (I) 32 8

Breaston, Steve ARI WR 189 7

Burress, Plaxico NYG WR (O) 100 4