[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keep E. Royal over T. Jones

gogo2146

I play in a 5 man keeper league which we protect 5 players then if we want to keep more it will cost a draft pick a round higher then they were selected.

My current 5 are

Warner

T. Jones

Westbrook

Moss

Boldin

I picked up Royal as a FA which will cost me a keeper spot should I replace one of my keepers with him or let him go back inti the draft pool?

I also have J. Stewart on my Taxi squad.

Clark round 2 (may let him go back to the draft pool but he did win the championship for me last year with 27 big points)

ravens D round 5

Beason round 6

You need to put your scoring in here for accurate advice. Is this PPR??? Is there bonus points for yards for both wr/rb and what are they??/1 pt every 10 or 20 yards???

I would say just off the top of my head that your solid at WR with Boldin and Moss and your RB's are pretty long in the tooth. I would begin thinking about finding a younger solid rb for the future(via trade). I would shop Royal and see what I could get for him. The feeling I get is his value is pretty good on the market right now.

I think Denver is going to want to get back to a diverse offense and see more out of there running game. I'm not a super fan of how his numbers seem to tail off after Marshall came back. I do think there are a lot of owners where those big early numbers he got sticks out still.

I think you need to keep Jones at this point based on what you got. The Jets are going to have to find a new QB as well and that could increase Jone's touches. It also will increase the 8-9 man boxes Jones will face. I'm thinking they get a vet to come in and be the qb and that could be Garcia or Lefty. Jones is the choice for the very short period of time if it was my team. You really do need to get younger at the RB spot, however would be painful right now, however will be whenever you decide to go younger.

Edited by sacosud

T.Jones is 30.

Stewart is the future in Carolina. Thats a no brainer.

Sharing with Dwill could be a problem and if he wants to bring him off the Taxi squad then he must make a choice between Royal and Stewart.

You could also place Royal on Taxi, correct???

I would invest in a trade and I think you still could get more value for Royal than Jones and see a better return in trade.

Jones will not reap you much even from a starving rb team, unless these are stupid owners.

Edited by sacosud

What is the draft cost of each of the players you are keeping, should you elect to go the route of keeping more than 5?

You have given us the cost of others you may consider, but not that of the ones you think you want to keep. That is some very important information as it could bring to light some options where it may be more beneficial to say "keep clark" as one of your 5 then use Jones as your 6th keeper if he costs say a 4th rounder or something.

How is it determined waht players are considered your "5 keepers" and what players are extra that cost a draft pick?

Am I correct in inferring that because he was acquired as a FA, Royal can only be kept by using one of the 5 "free" keeper spots?

What is the situation with JStewart and how does him being on your current taxi squad affect your options with him heading in to next year?

Also, what are your lineup requirements? I see both a team D and an IDP player listed. How do IDPs shape up value wise in your league?

Scoring system?

Really there is way too little information in this initial post to be able to give a logical answer to the questions posed, and these questions above are just the ones that popped up in my head right away afte a cursory view of your post.

This is a 12 team keeper leauge with 1 taxi player that does not count against your keepers. We are allowed to keep 5 players if the players you select were keepers from last year they will cost nothing. If you want to keep a player that was not protected the year prior you must drop a old keeper to protect the current one. So if I want to keep Royal I have to drop a keeper from last year.

As of players picked up on the FA market they can only be a keeper or a droped player or used as trade vaule.

My Taxi player does not count against my current keepers I can keep him as Taxi for next season but I will not be abkle to use him.

The wasy this works if I want to keep a player that is not on my keeper list of 5 or my taxi player it will cost me a 1 draft spot higher then that player was selected( I draft a player in R5 it will cost me R4 draft pick to keep that player.

It is a standard point league with IDP's a good LB is just as inportant as a good RB 2 pts for solo 1 pt for asst.

My team with there draft selection

Warner Trade and keeper

T. Jones keeper

Westbrook Keeper

Rhodes R12

R. Williams R4

J. Stewart Taxi

Boldin Keeper

D. Avery FA

R. Davis FA

Gaffney R14

J. Hardy R7

R. Moss Keeper

Royal FA

Toomer FA

Clark R3

Peppers R15

Beason R6

Mayo FA

Gamble Fa

Ravens D R5

Texans R14

The best way to do this kep the best players with the highest round drafy vaule ike Beason, Ravens D but who to drop for Royal?

I think Stewart will get chances next year with D Williams.

I do draft 12 and other teams have to do the same thing so there will be players to be had. The better way to work this is trade a keeper for a higher drafted player that will be a stud next season.

Hope this helped.

Edited by gogo2146

Without knowing all the particulars, just on the surface I would tell you to keep Royal hands down. Royal is likely to have far more long-term value than T.Jones. As a matter of fact, T.Jones might only give you one more decent year (if that), while Royal looks apt to stick around for a decade. To me, this is pretty much a slam dunk. If I was playing in a dynasty league where I owned Royal - and was approached by the Jones owner about a straight up trade I would laugh in his face and wish him luck in his future ambitions.

Well,

thats where I'm at keep royal and cut jones or try and trade one of them for a drafted player I can keep against a lower draft pick. If I can do that?

What players do you think I should keep going into next year.

The 5 keepers and the ones that count against draft picks.

In your OPyou mention Boldin as a keeper, but I don't see him listed in your updated post. As I understand it, you have 5 keepers from last year that can be kept again for nothing. (Those marked keeper on your above list, though there are only 4 on that list) Anyone not marked as a keeper from the previous year will cost you a draft pick one round higher than they were taken. FAs however do not cost anything extra.

Of the "keeper", FA and Taxi, I see 6 worth considering for keeper status - Jones, Westbrook, Stewart, Moss, Royal and Mayo (maybe Boldin depending on if he is really on roster)

Of the other players, only Beason and maybe Peppers seem like value for their cost in terms of draft pick. (which R.Williams is it, Roy or Ricky? If Ricky, definitely not worth it, if Roy, about right)

The no cost option would be to keep Jones, Westbrook, Moss, Royal and Mayo and taxi Stewart (not neccessarily a bad thing as long as he is splitting with DW)

The only other legit option I see would be to let Mayo go for Beason and give up the 6th round pick. I am by no means an IDP ekspurt, but IMO this is a close call. Beason has been hugh, and Mayo seemed to do quite well in his rookie year, making him a legit option to be kept at no cost vs. the cost of losing a pick for Beason.

Adding Boldin in to the mix complicates things, but I will wait for clarification before going into the thoughts if he is there (essentially, it then comes down to lineup requirements/scoring system and what trade value you think you can get for the various players)

Considering the options you have at IDP, I don't see a way to really consider Peppers even if a 15th is decent value for him, and with the ability to keep Royal and Moss, no reason to give up a pick to keep Williams (assuming it is Roy).

In your OPyou mention Boldin as a keeper, but I don't see him listed in your updated post. As I understand it, you have 5 keepers from last year that can be kept again for nothing. (Those marked keeper on your above list, though there are only 4 on that list) Anyone not marked as a keeper from the previous year will cost you a draft pick one round higher than they were taken. FAs however do not cost anything extra.

Of the "keeper", FA and Taxi, I see 6 worth considering for keeper status - Jones, Westbrook, Stewart, Moss, Royal and Mayo (maybe Boldin depending on if he is really on roster)

Of the other players, only Beason and maybe Peppers seem like value for their cost in terms of draft pick. (which R.Williams is it, Roy or Ricky? If Ricky, definitely not worth it, if Roy, about right)

The no cost option would be to keep Jones, Westbrook, Moss, Royal and Mayo and taxi Stewart (not neccessarily a bad thing as long as he is splitting with DW)

The only other legit option I see would be to let Mayo go for Beason and give up the 6th round pick. I am by no means an IDP ekspurt, but IMO this is a close call. Beason has been hugh, and Mayo seemed to do quite well in his rookie year, making him a legit option to be kept at no cost vs. the cost of losing a pick for Beason.

Considering the options you have at IDP, I don't see a way to really consider Peppers even if a 15th is decent value for him, and with the ability to keep Royal and Moss, no reason to give up a pick to keep Williams (assuming it is Roy).

Adding Boldin in to the mix complicates things, but I will wait for clarification before going into the thoughts if he is there (essentially, it then comes down to lineup requirements/scoring system and what trade value you think you can get for the various players)

My keepers from last year at this point will be: Warner, Westbrook,Boldin, Moss ( Jones or Royal), Stewart is a Taxi player.

Here is the problem, If I keep Jones it will cost me a keeper and I have to drop Royal because he was a FA this year. If I keep Royal I will drop Jones or trade him because he was a keeper last year. If any player was a keeper the year before they are deamed keeper vaule and cost you a keeper spot and we only have 5 and a taxi player. Once a player is one the taxi squad he is there all year and can not be taken off unless you want to tag them as a keeper or a round higher draft pick.( I drafted Stewart round 1 so it's best he stays on the Taxi squad or it will cost me my 2009 1st round draft pick)

I feel defensive players play a big role in my league keeping Peppers and Beason in those rounds will be a steal. Beason has more points the most top 10 rb's almost 300 points 2 pts for solo 1 pt asst. Peppers too at his position

Here is the part to fiigure out. To keep Mayo it will cost me a keeper spot not worth it Beason is in a better system for point totals.

Clark will cost a 2nd rounder which might nio be bad for his output not sure on this yet.

You have to think all the other teams have to do this same cut down so good players will be let go or Good rookies will be there is Vets are kept.

The question is which Williams? It is the RB and he will be gone no need for input here.

I hope this helps clears it up a bit.

Thanks