[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to cut one

Baron

Guys, in my hometown 8 players keeper league, 16 teams, I have to make a roster decision. Our scoring is TD-only plus heavy length-bonus.

From the following players, I have to cut one of the players in bold:

QB T.Brady (fixed)

QB M.Schaub

RB M.Barber (fixed)

RB F.Gore (fixed)

RB L.Maroney

WR L.Fitzgerald (fixed)

WR R.Moss (fixed)

WR K.Curtis

TE C.Cooley

(lineup: QB 1, RB 1-3, WR 2-4, TE 1-2)

Please be aware that cut players become FAs and I get rewarded with a draftpick, when another owner picks my player off the FA-list. The better the player, the higher the draftpick. Another option would be to trade one or two of these players.

What's your advice?

Normally i'd say dump Schaub as it is a 1 QB league, but with it being a 16 teamer, a backup QB is actually important in FF, so I keep him.

With Cooley your only TE worth mentioning, and a semi-decent contributor at times, I keep him.

That leaves Maroney or Curtis. Neither are gonna blow you away, both have the potential to put up points. Maroney is an injury concern, but in a 16 team league with the option to start up to 3 RBs, any RB that can sniff the field has value.

I think I lean to dropping Curtis, even though I think he will likely contribute more than aroney will, Maroney does have a chot at being the starter and the value that has in a 16 team league that can start up to 3 RBs is off the charts compared to the value of a mid-tier WR like Curtis.

As for trading them, I am always a big proponent of trying to trade anyone you aren't keeping as it is better to get something rather than nothing. IMO, shop Curtis and Maroney to feel out what you may be able to get in return, then make a judgment call between those offers, if any, and the thoughts I had regarding the potential value of those players.

Huh? Can you please explain?

I'll do it line by line.

Taz says that the thread title "I need to cut one" makes him think you have to fart.

I then said that I hadn't thought of that before, but now that he has mentioned it, I start laughing when I see the thread title.

In fact, I am laughing and farting right now.

It is a vicious cycle. I laugh and it pushes out a fart, which makes me laugh more, thus pushing out another one, on and on the cycle goes.

I'll do it line by line.

Taz says that the thread title "I need to cut one" makes him think you have to fart.

I then said that I hadn't thought of that before, but now that he has mentioned it, I start laughing when I see the thread title.

It is a vicious cycle. I laugh and it pushes out a fart, which makes me laugh more, thus pushing out another one, on and on the cycle goes.

:wacko:

I'll do it line by line.

:wacko: Well-played sir.

Everytime I read this thread, I think you have to fart.

:D:D:D

Great - I was going to try to offer a meaningful response to the original question, but there is no hope for that now, as I just chuckle every time I try to type something.

:wacko::D:D