[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D Ward

HAUG

Who do you think D Ward will sign with? If he gets a feature back role with a team like Denver or Cleveland, I'm calling it now, he'll be next years M Turner. Any thoughts?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11744759

Giants RB Ward, high on FA List.

I also heard something mentioned about how Mangini and the Browns are interested as well.

Who do you think D Ward will sign with? If he gets a feature back role with a team like Denver or Cleveland, I'm calling it now, he'll be next years M Turner. Any thoughts?

I love Ward as much as the next guy (I still think Bradshaw is better but thats just me), but there's little to no chance he'll be this years Turner. Sorry, but thats a pretty big stretch.

I love Ward as much as the next guy (I still think Bradshaw is better but thats just me), but there's little to no chance he'll be this years Turner. Sorry, but thats a pretty big stretch.

I believe if he's put into a feature role he could put up similar numbers. He's a damn good back.

Ward is a good ball carrier...but he's also a product of a very good NY Giants offensive line, blocking scheme, and play calling.

If he ended up somewhere like Denver, I do think he would be very successful this year. If, however, he ends up in Arizona, the talent gap at O'Line and the lack of sophistication on the running play calling would doom him to very average returns.

In my opinion, he's not the kind of talent that can rise up above a below average supporting cast and have a lot of success.

WD

Not that my opinion matters, but I don't want him here in Denver. We don't need just another RB, we need defense.

So there is a runningback in Denver? Where?

More to the point for Denver fans, any decent RB can run behind our improved line, we don't need to spend money in FA or a draft pick for a RB.

When was the last time they had a runningback put up good numbers?

Assuming our RBs recover from injury, we've got a good enough stable to get the job done. When Hillis went down, we were 5th in the league in running. That's good enough -- considering our needs elsewhere.

Why does any one RB have to put up good numbers? We had the ultimate RBBC last year and if we had a good defense, we would've been in the playoffs and then anything can happen.

The money spent acquiring a guy like Ward just isn't worth it right now.

So you're putting your faith in the ancient Michael Pittman, Peyton Hillis- a fullback, and Ryan Torain who's had a lis franc injury, broken elbow, and tore up his knee in how many games?

Imagine what a real runningback could do in that offense... And 3-4 million a year isn't going to kill you. I think Ward provides an immediate upgrade.

There's also Selvin Young and Tatum Bell. I'm disappointed that they let Anthony Alridge go, that kid could've been special.

I'm not saying "don't pick up Ward", I am saying, address the defense first, then let's see where we are. I think there is great opportunity for a quality RB to be had in the final rounds of this year's draft.

As for Hillis, he's very talented and if they can get the DEF under control, they can use Spencer Larsen as the backup FB.

I think with this OL and TEs and the proper scheme, any NFL RB can run to where the hole is supposed to be and it'll usually be open to the LBs.

I didn't forget about Selvin Young or Tatum Bell, they just didn't warrent discussion as a productive rb.

I like Hillis a lot, but the guy is a fullback, not a runningback.

:wacko: those guys averaged 5+ yds/carry last year over nearly 200 carries.

The only one with a history here is Bell, so looking at his numbers from 2005-06, he averaged 5.3 and 4.4 yards over 173 and 233 carries those years. I'd argue that our passing game -and- OL are so much better now, than back then.

D Ward is evidently headed to TB, I'd think to start.

I've never been a Graham believer, I've always tended to be more of a Caddy believer, but he hasn't shown much of anything to keep me around. I'm sure with Ward there now, as well as a new coaching staff, he won't be around there much longer. I'm sure they'll consider him cut losses.