[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My field of 65...

Gopher

And lost to St. Louis, Harvard, and NC St.. I kind of don't understand how their RPI is in the 50s playing in the ACC with a winning record, but it is. Pomeroy isn't much nicer to them having them ranked somewhere in the 60s.

RPI is wack - St. Mary's just got dummied by Gonzaga, and I swear their RPI went DOWN to 46. I am convinced St. Mary's is about as good as Oregon, that is how bad the WCC is, I really have no clue why they are even in the discussion....... Patty Mills? just Kornholio the other day on PTI said Davidson should be in b/c Curry is so fantastic and they did so well last year and would probably win 2 games in the tourney?? that Megan Foxer gets paid to say these things? just stupidity

and when it comes down to it the coimittee is going to go by quality W's - which BC has, and when you compare them to other bubble teams like the Big 11 quagmire - ie Wisky, Minny, Mich, PSU - they have the better resume

big game for UA Thursday - a W and they are IN a L and I think they very easily could be out

Edited by wildcat2334

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket #10 is punched this evening, as former Division II school, North Dakota State, beats Oakland. This was NDSU's first year of NCAA tournament eligibility... They trailed the entire game, took the lead with a couple of minutes to go, lost it again, and then conference player of the year Ben Woodside hits a shot in the final seconds to send them to the dance... Great story. They've got a lot of pure shooters on their squad, and could give somebody problems in the first round, although their lack of athleticism might be an issue. Congrats to the Bison of NDSU.

The game of the night to watch, though is in the Horizon League... If Cleveland State somehow manages to knock off Butler for the title, it would force the Bulldogs into an at-large position, essentially eliminating another bubble team from the Big 10, Mountain West, or SEC

Cleveland State won tonight

Three more championship games on tonight... NDSU and Western Kentucky are both favorites, and could be legitimate upset teams in the NCAA tournament (especially WKU, who made some noise last year).

The game of the night to watch, though is in the Horizon League... If Cleveland State somehow manages to knock off Butler for the title, it would force the Bulldogs into an at-large position, essentially eliminating another bubble team from the Big 10, Mountain West, or SEC.

Also, in the Big East, Cincinatti has officially eliminated themselves from the bubble conversation. Not that they were likely to get in, anyway (they probably needed to win at least three games in their tournament), but losing to DePaul (who was on an 18-game losing streak) definitely sealed their fate. In fact, they may have put themselves on the NIT bubble, with such a bad loss.

Cleveland State wins by three, throwing the second major wrench into the selection committee's plans... Butler now joins Creighton as potential mid-major at-large teams (although Butler is basically a lock, while some may argue that Creighton is on the bubble). I think they're both in....

Cleveland State wins by three, throwing the second major wrench into the selection committee's plans... Butler now joins Creighton as potential mid-major at-large teams (although Butler is basically a lock, while some may argue that Creighton is on the bubble). I think they're both in....

Crap...as a Michigan fan I hate to see these type of upsets at this stage of the season. I have no delusions that Michigan will make any noise in the tourney but it's been a decade.

Through Tuesday:

ACC (6) - UNC, Wake, Duke, Florida St., Clemson, BC... NIT-bound: MD, Miami, VTech

America East (1) - Should be top-seed Binghamton, which faces 6-seed UMBC (15-16) in the final... NIT-bound: Vermont

Atlantic Sun (1) - Tournament winner East Tennessee State

Atlantic 10 (2) - Xavier, Dayton... NIT-bound: Rhode Island, Temple, Duquesne

Big East (7) - Pitt, UConn, Louisville, Nova, Marquette, Syracuse, WV... NIT-bound: Providence, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Georgetown

Big Sky (1) - Conference winner only... Montana State or Portland State... NIT-bound: Weber State

Big South (1) - Top seed Radford is in.

Big Ten (6) - Michigan St., Illinois, Purdue, Ohio St., Wisconsin, Michigan... NIT-bound: Penn State, Minnesota

Big 12 (6) - Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Texas... NIT-bound: Kansas State, Nebraska

Big West (1) - Conference winner will get only bid.

Colonial (1) - VCU takes the title... NIT-bound: George Mason

Conference USA (1) - Memphis is in... Anyone else winning tourney would be a shock... NIT-bound: Tulsa, UAB

Horizon (2) - Cleveland State, Butler... NIT-bound: Green Bay

Ivy League (1) - Cornell is in (No conference tournament)

MAAC (1) - Siena takes the title as expected... NIT-bound: Niagara

MAC (1) - Winner only

MEAC (1) - Winner only

Missouri Valley (2) - Northern Iowa wins conference tournament in OT, forcing Creighton to take at-large bid... NIT-bound: Illinois State

Mountain West (2) - BYU, Utah... NIT-bound: New Mexico, San Diego State, UNLV

Northeast (1) - Top seed Robert Morris faces #2 Mt. St. Mary's for the lone spot.

Ohio Valley (1) - Morehead State (19-15) won conference tournament.

Pac-10 (5) - Washington, UCLA, ASU, California, Arizona... NIT-bound: USC

Patriot (1) - Top seed American meets #2 Holy Cross for their only bid... American should go to NIT if they lose.

SEC (5) - LSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, Auburn, Florida... NIT-bound - Mississippi State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt

Southern (1) - Chattanooga gets the upset, and the bid... NIT-bound: Davidson

Southland (1) - Conference winner only

Summit (1) - NDSU wins the conference.

Sun Belt (1) - Western Kentucky... NIT-bound: Ark-Little Rock

SWAC (1) - Conference winner only

WAC (1) - Utah State is in whether they win conference or not... NIT-bound: Nevada

West Coast (2) - Gonzaga is in for sure... St. Mary's on the bubble.

Edited by Gopher

Updated after Tuesday's games:

1- Pittsburgh, Connecticut, North Carolina, Oklahoma

2 - Louisville, Memphis, Wake Forest, Michigan State

3 - Duke, Kansas, Xavier, Villanova

4 - Washington, Gonzaga, Missouri, Florida State

5 - UCLA, LSU, Marquette, Butler

6 - Purdue, Clemson, Illinois, Arizona State

7 - Syracuse, BYU, California, Tennessee

8 - Dayton, Utah, West Virginia, Texas A&M

9 - Utah State, Texas, Oklahoma State, Ohio State

10 - Arizona, Wisconsin, Siena, Boston College

11 - Michigan, Florida, Creighton, South Carolina

12 - St. Mary's, Auburn, Western Kentucky, Northern Iowa

13 - VCU, Cleveland State, North Dakota State, Portland State

14 - E. Tennessee State, Cornell, American, Stephen F. Austin

15 - Binghamton, Chattanooga, Morgan State, Robert Morris

16 - Buffalo, Radford, Tennessee-Martin, Morehead State, Alabama State

NIT seeds as of 3/10:

1 - Maryland, Minnesota, Providence, Penn State

2 - Miami, Kentucky, USC, Rhode Island

3 - UNLV, Temple, Notre Dame, New Mexico

4 - SDSU, Virginia Tech, Davidson, Kansas State

5 - Tulsa, Vanderbilt, George Mason, Illinois State

6 - Georgetown, Mississippi State, Green Bay, Nevada

7 - Arkansas-Little Rock, Cincinnati, UAB, Nebraska

8 - Vermont, Duquesne, Seton Hall, Niagara

NIT bubble: Weber State

A lot of games played today, but only a few had much relevance to the tournament picture, thus only a few changes... Penn State moved down to NIT, bumping several teams down one slot (and Cincinnati down two spots). Also, Cleveland State replaces Penn State, and clinches along with NDSU and WKU. Added Seton Hall to the NIT, replacing Portland State (who now becomes the favorite to win the Big Sky, based on Weber State's loss tonight). Lots more bottom-feeder games tomorrow, then things will get really interesting on Thursday.

Edited by Gopher

Ticket #10 is punched this evening, as former Division II school, North Dakota State, beats Oakland. This was NDSU's first year of NCAA tournament eligibility... They trailed the entire game, took the lead with a couple of minutes to go, lost it again, and then conference player of the year Ben Woodside hits a shot in the final seconds to send them to the dance... Great story. They've got a lot of pure shooters on their squad, and could give somebody problems in the first round, although their lack of athleticism might be an issue. Congrats to the Bison of NDSU.

They look like a very dangerous team to go up against. Especially a #3 or #4 seed type team.

And that point guard on Cleveland St., Cedric Jackson, was very much a stud.

Not much changed last night, other than the Texas A&M debacle... They've probably moved themselves down a notch (or two), but are still in the tournament with 23 wins. A few other teams may have improved/reduced their NIT chances, but nothing that really impacts the NCAA big picture. I'll update my projections after today's large slate of games.

Not much changed last night, other than the Texas A&M debacle... They've probably moved themselves down a notch (or two), but are still in the tournament with 23 wins. A few other teams may have improved/reduced their NIT chances, but nothing that really impacts the NCAA big picture. I'll update my projections after today's large slate of games.

Portland St. clinched the Big Sky. Robert Morris clinched the NEC.

Wow, Miami, way to make it easy on everyone. Clemson was the sexy pick among most around here to face Wake in the ACC finals, guess not. Also, word on the streets is that Ty Lawson is going to see very little playing time this weekend as he nurses his toe considering that UNC figures they wrapped up a #1 seed with last Sunday's win vs. Duke.

It's rare that a team from Thursday can make it to Sunday...

Maybe I should have said some, but guys on 850 this morning were all saying the same thing. My guess was that they figured Clemson was a better team than FSU (which is hardly a stretch) and that, provided UNC did rest Lawson, might be looking ahead and wouldn't be as tough to beat as normal in the semis. Considering that all they had to do was get past last placed Ga Tech to set this up...

Maybe I should have said some, but guys on 850 this morning were all saying the same thing. My guess was that they figured Clemson was a better team than FSU (which is hardly a stretch) and that, provided UNC did rest Lawson, might be looking ahead and wouldn't be as tough to beat as normal in the semis. Considering that all they had to do was get past last placed Ga Tech to set this up...

FSU swept Clemson this year...