[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

Thanks. He hasn't been in since yesterday just before noon. Do we have a 10-12 hour timer?

There's no timer at this point as we're moving along pretty well and we have plenty of time before the draft. If it becomes an issue than we'll deal with it then.

Just logged in-pick shortly.

Excellent!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the draft shakes out like this, Do the Jags take Sanchez or Stafford or go in a different direction.

Cool If everyone comes in like this this draft should go well.

Orakpo :wacko: us Packer fans are not happy. Nice pick.

Edited by Randall

If the draft shakes out like this, Do the Jags take Sanchez or Stafford or go in a different direction.

That certainly could present a opportunity they didn't think they'd have. However, they still might opt to grab a CB.

Cool If everyone comes in like this this draft should go well.

Orakpo :wacko: us Packer fans are not happy. Nice pick.

I think the draft has gone very nicely so far and I love the ballsy picks already.

Sox selects WR, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech for the Cincinnati Bengals.

KPholmes and Return of S&B are now selecting for the Raiders.

I decided on Michael Crabtree for the Bengals.There weren't any defenders at this point I deemed worthy of the pick,and I had to decide on need or BPA.I decided to take the guy who is rated #1 on many boards rather than select the 3rd or 4th best OL with this pick.We do have other needs,but there was no way I could pass on Crabtree after he slid to the sixth spot.

Carson Palmer will have his eventual replacement for Chad Johnson.The Bengals will address their other needs in later rounds,and through (bwahahahahaha) ....free agency.

KP and Return of S&B selected DT, B.J. Raji for the Oakland Raiders.

Seahawks21 is now selecting for the Jaguars.

WR might not be the most pressing need for the Oakland Raiders, but it's definitely the most appealing need. If Maclin and Crabtree are off the board it will come down to Raji and whichever of the three offensive tackles are left.

In this instance - Andre Smith is a wild card. Out of shape and irresponsible is the last thing the Raiders need, let alone waste another first round pick on. With an ex-offensive line coach at Head Coach, he will be very confident in his ability to make mediocre linemen play at an above average level and will do what he can to talk Al out of going Oline here.

31st in rush defense last year. Tommy Kelly and Terdell Sands are a joke. Raji is the right pick here, and is also one of the first "sure thing" picks the Raiders have drafted in quite some time.

Quick Edit: I've been in contact today with S&B via email, he's at work and can't make it to the Huddle so he said to make the picks for both of us.

Edited by kpholmes

I decided on Michael Crabtree for the Bengals.There weren't any defenders at this point I deemed worthy of the pick,and I had to decide on need or BPA.I decided to take the guy who is rated #1 on many boards rather than select the 3rd or 4th best OL with this pick.We do have other needs,but there was no way I could pass on Crabtree after he slid to the sixth spot.

Carson Palmer will have his eventual replacement for Chad Johnson.The Bengals will address their other needs in later rounds,and through (bwahahahahaha) ....free agency.

Crabtree is exactly who I thought you were going to pick. Great replacement after losing Housh and if all is well with his foot and he's the "STUD" many think he is, it's a solid value at the #7 spot instead of paying #1 money.

WR might not be the most pressing need for the Oakland Raiders, but it's definitely the most appealing need. If Maclin and Crabtree are off the board it will come down to Raji and whichever of the three offensive tackles are left.

In this instance - Andre Smith is a wild card. Out of shape and irresponsible is the last thing the Raiders need, let alone waste another first round pick on. With an ex-offensive line coach at Head Coach, he will be very confident in his ability to make mediocre linemen play at an above average level and will do what he can to talk Al out of going Oline here.

31st in rush defense last year. Tommy Kelly and Terdell Sands are a joke. Raji is the right pick here, and is also one of the first "sure thing" picks the Raiders have drafted in quite some time.

Quick Edit: I've been in contact today with S&B via email, he's at work and can't make it to the Huddle so he said to make the picks for both of us.

Solid pick and great job connecting with Return of S&B today.

Crabtree is exactly who I thought you were going to pick. Great replacement after losing Housh and if all is well with his foot and he's the "STUD" many think he is, it's a solid value at the #7 spot instead of paying #1 money.

Thanks!!! :wacko:

He's just too good to pass up.I absolutely loved Jason Smith and Aaron Curry.If either had been there at 6,I would have picked Curry first,Smith 2nd.But even though we need OL help,I would be thrilled with this pick if the Bengals select Crabtree in April.

Edited by Sox

I can't picture Andre Smith dropping down this far come April.

It's happened before. Teams that interviewed him and feel comfortable may take him but a top 5-10 pick can hurt a team if they are busts. Hanging your franchises future on an immature 20-22 year old is riskier than the stock market. It ca take years to recover.

Would Ted take him at 9?

I can't picture Andre Smith dropping down this far come April.

Well considering he was at one point the #1 OT prospect, it's hard to believe. However, he may've really pissed off/frustrated NFL folks with what went down at the combine. So him slipping is not out of the question. However, if he has a solid Pro Day, that could elevate his stock once again. I heard that his weight hadn't really ballooned and that he was around 330-335 lbs. When is Bama's Pro Day?

ETA: Smith can also play multiple O-line positions (OT/OG) so that could help his stock as well. What about the Skins at 13?

Edited by irish

I agree with the above....although I hope Crabtree drops to us in the real draft. 1st round picks Russell/McFadden/Crabtree would form a nice young nucleus to build around over the next several years.

Yes the offensive line always needs help, but I am confident in Cable in making average offensive linemen play above their capabilities. He did it in Atlanta previously, and did a great job with what he had in Oakland last year. I see them picking a lineman or two in the later rounds this year.

As for Raji, I like the pick because Kelly and Sands are overrated...and the new defensive coordinator will probably want to throw his input around on shoring up that weak rush defense the Raiders had last year.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Well considering he was at one point the #1 OT prospect, it's hard to believe. However, he may've really pissed off/frustrated NFL folks with what went down at the combine. So him slipping is not out of the question. However, if he has a solid Pro Day, that could elevate his stock once again. I heard that his weight hadn't really ballooned and that he was around 330-335 lbs. When is Bama's Pro Day?[/quote]

Tomorrow.

Edited by Randall

I didn't realize things would progress this quickly!

As a heads up I am in a corporate retreat all day tomorrow from 8 PM to 6 PM EST. If the Skins come up tonight I will certainly make the pick, if they come up tomorrow I will try at the end of the night tonight to PM a few different pick scenarios to Irish (that he can choose given the available players at the moment).

If we get to the Ravens before 6 PM tomorrow, ya'll will be on hold till I can get back to my room and assess where the draft is and make the right pick.

Just wanted to give you a heads up,

WashD

Thanks for the kudos everyone! I love how this mock is shaping up; it might be the best one I've seen yet. If you want like three more screens of longwinded explanation on top of what I wrote here, be sure to check out my blog . . . I'm pimping Curry far and wide!

Peace

policy

I didn't realize things would progress this quickly!

As a heads up I am in a corporate retreat all day tomorrow from 8 PM to 6 PM EST. If the Skins come up tonight I will certainly make the pick, if they come up tomorrow I will try at the end of the night tonight to PM a few different pick scenarios to Irish (that he can choose given the available players at the moment).

If we get to the Ravens before 6 PM tomorrow, ya'll will be on hold till I can get back to my room and assess where the draft is and make the right pick.

Just wanted to give you a heads up,

WashD

Thanks for the heads up. Do what you have to do. LIke you said the draft is moving along very nicely and we've got plenty of time so there's no reason to rush.

The SF 49er's war room will check back in about an hour.... :D

:wacko: The Me, Myself and I War Room.

Edited by irish

I would love to see the QBs fall to better teams in the draft like this has turned out...

Nothing better than pocketing a franchise QB on your DTS for a season or two...

I hear ya. One may fall but both... no way.