Sign in to follow this  
uglytuna

Maddux to sign with Yankees

uglytuna:

Maybe they should put in a salary cap, just like football.

Ugly yawn Tuna

Maybe you should stop pretending that people here give a **** what you think. loco

The Yankees are ruining the game ... I really do not like to watch much baseball due to the difference between large and small market teams.

However, I can not help but root for a team like the Royals which are going to be good and are in a small market.

According to NewsRadio 880 here in NYC, Cashman says the Yanks ARE NOT in talks with Maddox.

More good information from uglytuna. :D

And thumbs_u to Itallian Stallion. lol

HUGH ONE.:

According to NewsRadio 880 here in NYC, Cashman says the Yanks ARE NOT in talks with Maddox.

More good information from uglytuna. :D

And thumbs_u to Itallian Stallion. lol 

ESPN Radio has reported all morning that the Yanks are in discussions with Maddox but that Maddox will likely be a Cub.

Grits and Shins:

ESPN Radio has reported all morning that the Yanks are in discussions with Maddox but that Maddox will likely be a Cub.

Cashman shot down the rumors involving Maddux, who shares his agent, Scott Boras, with Rodriguez.

"We are not involved with Greg Maddux," the GM said.

From: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...s_nyy&fext=.jsp

You got a link? :P

I can't imagine the Yankees adding Maddux, but stranger things have happened. Even if they are courting him, they'll deny it until the A-Rod press conference. They're not going to let anything "ruin" George's day.

Grits and Shins:

Never, never, never trust what a GM tells the media.

Agreed. The link was about proving my point, not believing anything Cashman or Steinbrenner would have to say, and the fact that the tuna is notorious for posting bullsh*t.

HUGH ONE.:

Grits and Shins:

Never, never, never trust what a GM tells the media.

Agreed. The link was about proving my point, not believing anything Cashman or Steinbrenner would have to say, and the fact that the tuna is notorious for posting bullsh*t. I agree that UT is notorious for posting bullsh*t ... but I have been hearing all morning and all yesterday evening on ESPN radio that the Yanks were negotiating with Maddux.

Grits and Shins:

I agree that UT is notorious for posting bullsh*t ... but I have been hearing all morning and all yesterday evening on ESPN radio that the Yanks were negotiating with Maddux.

Maddux ain't going to the Yanks, I guarantee it. I'd stake my credibility at an anonoymous football website on it. lol

HUGH ONE.:

Grits and Shins:

I agree that UT is notorious for posting bullsh*t ... but I have been hearing all morning and all yesterday evening on ESPN radio that the Yanks were negotiating with Maddux.

Maddux ain't going to the Yanks, I guarantee it. I'd stake my credibility at an anonoymous football website on it. lol You may be right ... but my point was that I could just as easily posted a "Maddux to be a Yank" thread because of all the talk it was getting on ESPN Radio. So while UT is generally not very credible ... in this instance I find no fault with this post.

HUGH ONE.:

I guarantee it. I'd stake my credibility at an anonoymous football website on it. lol

Blitz may or may have not missed the comedy here but I got it. cool_thu

Grits and Shins:

You may be right ... but my point was that I could just as easily posted a "Maddux to be a Yank" thread because of all the talk it was getting on ESPN Radio.  So while UT is generally not very credible ... in this instance I find no fault with this post.

OK, I'll stop beating a dead horse here, but uglytuna is very good a posting fiction, or posting articles as his own without links. This is why I posted the exact opposite of what he posted, and supported it with a link. Anyway, I'll stop wall_bas now. This was not meant to turn into a senseless argument/discussion with you Blitz. thumbs_u

HUGH ONE.:

Grits and Shins:

You may be right ... but my point was that I could just as easily posted a "Maddux to be a Yank" thread because of all the talk it was getting on ESPN Radio.  So while UT is generally not very credible ... in this instance I find no fault with this post.

OK, I'll stop beating a dead horse here, but uglytuna is very good a posting fiction, or posting articles as his own without links. This is why I posted the exact opposite of what he posted, and supported it with a link. Anyway, I'll stop wall_bas now. This was not meant to turn into a senseless argument/discussion with you Blitz. thumbs_u :D

maddux is not the catch you think he is. He will require 2 roster spots because he only pitches 6 innings. I'm a Cub fan and will not be dissapointed if they don't get him. Juan Cruz will be one of the best #5s in the majors this year.

Of course he will. Just mention the Yankees in discussions, and you get more money. He did the same thing when he left the Cubs, to get more money from the Braves. He know how to play the game.