[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA PLAYOFFS

BigMikeinNY

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see Denver snatch that improbable win with the last second three? :wacko:

Melo made the shot but an absolute hatchet job by the official. They knew Dallas had a foul to give Carlisle was yelling to foul right in front of the ref and with all this flagrant 1, 2 bullchit and analysis they don't blow the whistle when a team is obviously TRYING to foul?? ridiculous

you won't find a bigger hoops and NBA fan than me- but they need to fix how NBA games are called - too much bias and inconsistencies.........

Edited by wildcat2334

Melo made the shot but an absolute hatchet job by the official. They knew Dallas had a foul to give Carlisle was yelling to foul right in front of the ref and with all this flagrant 1, 2 bullchit and analysis they don't blow the whistle when a team is obviously TRYING to foul?? ridiculous

you won't find a bigger hoops and NBA fan than me- but they need to fix how NBA games are called - too much bias and inconsistencies.........

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-m...p&type=lgns

NBA admits refs’ error that cost Mavericks

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer 3 hours, 2 minutes ago

DALLAS (AP)—The NBA admitted officials were wrong when they didn’t call an intentional foul the Dallas Mavericks were trying to commit before Denver’s Carmelo Anthony made a game-winning 3-pointer Saturday.

Dallas had a two-point lead and a foul to give when Denver inbounded the ball with less than 8 seconds left. Antoine Wright(notes) was clearly trying to foul Anthony, and bumped him twice.

But the whistle never blew and Anthony swished a 3-pointer from in front of the Dallas bench with a second left that gave the Nuggets a 106-105 victory and a 3-0 series lead.

“At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony’s three-point basket,” Joel Litvin, NBA president of league and basketball operations, said in a statement issued by the league about two hours after the game.

“It’s a shame the game had to come down to this, but that’s the way it goes in the NBA sometimes,” Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said in an e-mail to The Associated Press after the league’s statement.

Cuban was visibly upset on the court after the game, but had declined comment while standing just outside the Mavericks’ locker room.

In the aftermath of the scandal involving former referee Tim Donaghy, the NBA has begun publicly acknowledging certain officiating mistakes.

Donaghy is serving a prison sentence for betting on games he officiated and taking cash payments from gambling associates for information to help them with bets.

A day after Game 4 of the Western Conference finals last year, the NBA said a foul should have been called against Derek Fisher(notes) of the Los Angeles Lakers on the final possession. That could have given San Antonio a chance to win the game and get even in the series.

Fisher jumped and came down on Brent Barry(notes) in the final seconds of a two-point game. No foul was called and Barry missed badly on a 3-pointer as time expired.

Mark Wunderlich, one of the three officials for that game last year, was part of the crew for the Denver-Dallas game Saturday night and was the one closest to Wright and Anthony.

“I’m almost as disappointed for Mark as I am for us. … It’s a call he makes 100 percent of the time,” Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said after Saturday’s game.

Added Wright: “I was positive a whistle was coming, just like everybody else was positive the whistle was coming. I made a play on the ball like I was told in the huddle, and the call wasn’t made. … I’m upset like everyone else in this locker room, and I feel like we have a right to be upset.”

I'm a Mavs fan but that game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in some time last night. And I mean for both teams. Whistles every trip down the floor for ticky tack stuff, not calling flagrant fouls that are obviously flagrant and no intention at making a play at the ball, missed goaltending calls and goaltending calls that weren't goaltending, and the obvious missed no-call at the end with a foul to give. I still say the Mavs need to blame themselves for not making FT's and putting the Nuggets away when they had a chance.

But the 8933 fouls called combined with the woman announcer they had last night made the game practically unwatchable.

PS: Dampier is just terrible. I guess when your previous center was Shawn Bradley it might have seemed like an upgrade at the time but he was just plain bad last night..

Edited by myhousekey

The announcer had it right when at the end he twice said Denver should have got off the floor immediately. TV was stupid to keep Billups for an on-court interview. I'm surprised there wasn't a riot, or at least a barrage from the stands.

I'm a Mavs fan but that game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in some time last night. And I mean for both teams. Whistles every trip down the floor for ticky tack stuff, not calling flagrant fouls that are obviously flagrant and no intention at making a play at the ball, missed goaltending calls and goaltending calls that weren't goaltending, and the obvious missed no-call at the end with a foul to give. I still say the Mavs need to blame themselves for not making FT's and putting the Nuggets away when they had a chance.

But the 8933 fouls called combined with the woman announcer they had last night made the game practically unwatchable.

PS: Dampier is just terrible. I guess when your previous center was Shawn Bradley it might have seemed like an upgrade at the time but he was just plain bad last night..

while it was a missed call it was easy to see why it was missed by at least the one ref...if you get to see a replay just focus on the ref...because mellow was out of control of sorts the ref is actually watching the ball (or his foot) to see if he steps out of bounds(at least that was how it looked to me)...it was at that exact time that the foul was committed but the ref missed it because he was looking down due to mellow losing control of the ball

I'm a Mavs fan but that game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in some time last night. And I mean for both teams.

yeah, it was brutal. I don't know why the ref didn't blow the whistle at the end of the game there, maybe he was looking at his arms waiting for the foul up there that never came and he missed the blatant hipcheck? regardless, melo drained the 3 to win the game. if they call the foul they have 5 seconds left and they probably get about the same kind of shot except dallas can't foul.

as always when the mavs flame out of the playoffs, I weep for mark cuban. that guy is all class. :wacko:

how about the rockets and celts making for tight series without their best players? :D

Cuban's an ass hole, no doubt, but in this case he's pretty much spot on.

hey if he wants to do his thing and publicly whine like a lady dog about k-mart being a thug, go for it. but calling out his mom? on mother's day? that's a lot of things, but "spot on" isn't one of them.

hey if he wants to do his thing and publicly whine like a lady dog about k-mart being a thug, go for it. but calling out his mom? on mother's day? that's a lot of things, but "spot on" isn't one of them.

He called Martin a thug. That's spot on. That's what I was saying.

and the classy fans of dallas follow suit:

Monday night's Game 4 in Dallas proved no less incendiary. Someone poured beer on Martin's mother, and Martin's girlfriend was subjected to repeated obscenities. La La Vasquez, Carmelo Anthony's wife, ended up shouting back at the Mavericks fans, and left the game in the fourth quarter.

Martin had to find his mother in the crowd in the second period to check up on her, and even Nuggets coach Jamahl Mosley left his spot on the bench to check on her.

"I probably would use an uglier word than hostile," Karl said of the crowd Monday night. "I don't think it was very classy."

Rex Chapman, the Nuggets vice president of player personnel, was in the crowd. Quoted in the Denver Post, he said, "Short of a game I saw in Belgrade a couple of years ago where they were throwing chairs and setting off flares, it was about as dangerous a venue I've been in."

seems like dallas and mark cuban deserve each other.

Watching a few minutes of Lebron J last night convinces me that if he stays injury-free, the title is Cleveland's to lose. I know it was only Atlanta but James' size, acceleration, awareness and skill are just.......well, phenomenal.

Cavs set a record with 8 consecutive playoff wins all by at least 10 points.

Indeed. The sooner Dallas are disposed of, the better.

At least let it be decided on the court. This series should be 2-2, but Melo was able to shoot well after he was fouled,and the ref decided not to make an obvious call. If anything, the refs should have got together a view it, like they do 3s and decide flagarant fouls. That was a bigger injustice, the refs did nothing, even after Dallas bench was clearly pointing out the error.

At least let it be decided on the court. This series should be 2-2, but Melo was able to shoot well after he was fouled,and the ref decided not to make an obvious call. If anything, the refs should have got together a view it, like they do 3s and decide flagarant fouls. That was a bigger injustice, the refs did nothing, even after Dallas bench was clearly pointing out the error.

But is it reviewable?

Nice comeback win by the Celtics tonight.

indeed, they are showing some real heart. but I do believe everything in this series is backing up what I said before, that whoever comes out of this is not going to pose a serious challenge to cleveland. unless KG somehow finds the miracle treatment.