[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

:wacko: Impresssive. Very impressive.

I woulda sworn the Pens were gonna lose that game last night. They had so many chances and missed opportunities, I just had this bad feeling. They really dominated the Caps last night, yet needed OT to finish them off, it's kind of disconcerting. Hopefully this loss takes the wind out of their sails a little. :corssesfingers:

So Hugh - I'm curious why you have the hatred for the Wings (other than them not being your hometown team). Is it...

1. The pain of last years finals is still fresh

2. Hossa

3. All non-Wings fans hate them just like all non-Yankee fans hate them (I actually figured this was the case years ago as we would roll with the highest payroll in the league. However, there is now a salary cap and the organization continues to finds ways to stay near the top.)

4. Puddy

I'll call it a tough break, maybe a marginal call, but as you know, the ref was behind the goalie and lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle. I've seen worse. The whistle probably came a little too quick, but I really didn't think it was that bad, keep in mind, we're talking about split seconds here.

As a life-long Blues fan who can't stand the Wings, it is absolutely clear in video replays that the whistle blew after the puck crossed the goal-line.

Absolutely horrible call for a number of reasons.

So Hugh - I'm curious why you have the hatred for the Wings (other than them not being your hometown team). Is it...

1. The pain of last years finals is still fresh

2. Hossa

3. All non-Wings fans hate them just like all non-Yankee fans hate them (I actually figured this was the case years ago as we would roll with the highest payroll in the league. However, there is now a salary cap and the organization continues to finds ways to stay near the top.)

4. Puddy

1, 2 and 4. Mainly 2. 1 still stings a bit, but you guys were clearly the better team, so I can live with it. 4 is a given. I absolutely f*cking hate Marion Hossa for what he did to the Pens. I can't even begin to express my hatred for the man, words wouldn't do it justice.

Canes are playing very well. Inexplicably, the B's are playing terrible. Way too many unforced turnovers (3 leading to goals last night). Here's hoping they snap out of it before it is too late.

I didn't see much since the Pens were on, but it seems that Chara is playing like a horses ass. The OT goal was a terrible Chara turn over. And I think he was on the ice for all 3 Canes goals.

I also heard during the Bruins/Canes game that Boston was down to 5 defensemen. Believe me when your blueline is decimated like that, it's gonna catch up to you sooner than later in the playoffs. Chara might just be getting gassed, but can't say for sure since I haven't seen too much of that series.

As for the Pens/Caps, I can't recall in recent memory a more entertaining series of games, minute by minute. :wacko:

I also heard during the Bruins/Canes game that Boston was down to 5 defensemen. Believe me when your blueline is decimated like that, it's gonna catch up to you sooner than later in the playoffs. Chara might just be getting gassed, but can't say for sure since I haven't seen too much of that series.

As for the Pens/Caps, I can't recall in recent memory a more entertaining series of games, minute by minute. :wacko:

Good call on both points. I also heard that the B's were down to 5, but not sure who got hurt. Being gassed and going against Stall is not going to end well.

Good call on both points. I also heard that the B's were down to 5, but not sure who got hurt. Being gassed and going against Stall is not going to end well.

Andrew Ference. He missed the Hab's series with an injury and came back for this series. Got checked pretty hard at the end of the 2nd period and did not return. He may have aggravated the previous injury. Sheriff Shane Hnidy.......please pick up the white courtesy phone.

I didn't know the Kings were in the NHL Playoffs :wacko:

I was trying to emphasize that the league has an interest in the Ducks making the finals, given the market that Anaheim is, in a practical sense, part of.

Peace

policy

:wacko: Please. He was behind the goalie and therefore should have seen it better than anybody. Inexplicably Lost sight of the puck for about a tenth of a second and blew the whistle.

Fixed.

Peace

policy

I haven't gotten a chance to post since the Pens game Wednesday night. Wow, what a game. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the night. I could seriously watch these guys play for hours, as the pace is phenomenal. I've got the same concerns as H1. Take away the 1st 10 minutes of the game, where the Pens looked awful, and I felt like they controlled the pace. However, they still needed an OT goal to get the win. They absolutely need another one tonight, or I don't like their chances. :wacko: Lets Go Pens !!!!!

I haven't gotten a chance to post since the Pens game Wednesday night. Wow, what a game. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the night. I could seriously watch these guys play for hours, as the pace is phenomenal. I've got the same concerns as H1. Take away the 1st 10 minutes of the game, where the Pens looked awful, and I felt like they controlled the pace. However, they still needed an OT goal to get the win. They absolutely need another one tonight, or I don't like their chances. :wacko: Lets Go Pens !!!!!

I too think the Pens have controlled the play for most of the series but have run into Varlamov on a very hot streak, he is the main thing keeping the Caps in this series othen then #8. If we can steal this game I can see it ending in 6 games, if the Pens ties it up it will go all 7 for sure. A great series without a doubt and good not to be let down by both teams superstars :D

Drive down 81 about an hour or we can meet in Carlise tomorrow evening and watch the game :D

The Pens need to jump on Varlamov early and get in his head, sometihng like that could carry over, especially since the pressure goes right back to a less experienced Caps team if the Pens win game 4. That being said, this clearly won't be an easy task with the way he's been playing between the pipes. Great series so far, a Pens loss tonight would probably signal the end of the line for Pittsburgh, I hope they play desperate like they did in game 3 and get some bounces and some early goals.

I too think the Pens have controlled the play for most of the series but have run into Varlamov on a very hot streak, he is the main thing keeping the Caps in this series othen then #8. If we can steal this game I can see it ending in 6 games, if the Pens ties it up it will go all 7 for sure. A great series without a doubt and good not to be let down by both teams superstars :D

Drive down 81 about an hour or we can meet in Carlise tomorrow evening and watch the game :wacko:

I would DEFINITELY take you up on that, but, my wife has a school function to go to, so, I am watching our son.

OR...........................................

You could travel west on 80 for about 7 hours, then catch 94 in Chicago and head northwest for another 5-6 hours, and we could meet in Oakdale for a beer and watch the game. :wacko::D

DISCLAIMER - All travel times are a poor estimated guess on my part.

OR...........................................

You could travel west on 80 for about 7 hours, then catch 94 in Chicago and head northwest for another 5-6 hours, and we could meet in Oakdale for a beer and watch the game. :wacko::D

DISCLAIMER - All travel times are a poor estimated guess on my part.

If you're wearing a Hossa jersey I'm going to have to fight you before I buy you a beer.

Pens-Caps all tied up now. :wacko: I was actually hoping for a quadruple OT game. That way the NHL would enjoy watching a bunch of punchless zombies trying to skate around the ice. What a clusterf*ck this schedule is! If they wanted to play back to back games why not do it in one team's building and not have to travel overnight. I seriously hope Bettman gets a rhoid the size of a softball for letting the networks f*ck him up the ass. I really feel for the players as they're the ones that have to deal with exhaustion.

Hopefully the Pens can carry the momentum into game 5, as tired as they'll be. And I sure hope Gonchar can play after that bullsh*t knee given to him by Mr. MVP. Haven't heard the extent of Gonchar's injury yet, but if he's out for the season, put a fork in the Pens as their PP has been sucking even with him. It will surely suck even worse without him. But more than that, he logs the most ice time of any Pens player. And don't tell me Ovechkin didn't know what he was doing. The guy's a hell of a player, but when things don't go his way, he resorts to doooshery. Think I'm lying? Just watch him sometime when he runs into a good defensive team. I used to like the guy and have respect for him. Not any more.

Well, I respected Ovechkin starting the night, but, now, I think he is a complete d-bag. That was a complete cheap-shot, no way around it. As for the game, it was another exciting one. I would have been sick if the Pens found a way to lose that one, as I felt they definitely dominated the action. Hopefully, Gonchar isn't going to be out too long, as that will really hurt the Pens chances. I'm hoping that they finally got into Varlamov's head, and playing tonight might be a good thing for the Pens......keep his poor performance fresh in his head. Now, if Fleury would get his head back in the game, I think the Pens can take this series. :wacko: Go Pens !!!!!