[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New offer: 1.03 for Stewart

Upon completing a deal for DeAngelo Williams and the 1.03 rookie pick in a PPR dynasty, I have immediately received another offer

The Adda/Stewarti owner is squirming. He proposed either of the following:

Addai for Williams straight up (for me that's a hell no)

OR

Stewart for my 1.03 (very intriguing)

At first glance, it seems I should take the 2nd offer and run. I feel Stewart is better than any of the RBs in this draft, and with DeAngelo's contract about to expire, I could be looking at two starters in separate backfields. However I would be giving up a shot at Crabtree, and my WR core is aging.

I am attempting to acquire another pick in the first round to have a shot at a WR or QB, before I make this move.

Thoughts? Stewart of Crabtree?

As I have said, he has Stewart and Addai, and no first round pick. I can smell the desperation...

Here is my roster:

QB: Brady, Orton

RB: Peterson, DeAngelo, Grant, Ward, Maroney, BJackson, CTaylor, SMorris, KFaulk

WR: Randy, Roy, Ocho, AGonzo, Bradley, MJones, Floyd

TE: Cooley

You do not need Stewart so I would pass. I would take Crabtree. You need the WR help. However, I would look into trading Williams for Addai AND one of his WR (depending on who he has) if he is that desperate. With AD as your #1, Addai, Grant and Ward are solid #2 backs and you can stregthen your WR with whoever he has PLUS adding Crabtree.

Just a different slant on the deal.

You do not need Stewart so I would pass. I would take Crabtree. You need the WR help. However, I would look into trading Williams for Addai AND one of his WR (depending on who he has) if he is that desperate. With AD as your #1, Addai, Grant and Ward are solid #2 backs and you can stregthen your WR with whoever he has PLUS adding Crabtree.

Just a different slant on the deal.

Meh. His WRs are pretty average. Berrian, Holt, Bryant, Curtis. Nothing I would give Williams for. If I don't do the deal above, I probably will look to deal with someone else. I have plenty of time, as his options are limited and I have the pieces he needs...

As for the other post, we start 2 RBs. But I think 2 steps ahead. Who would have more value for a possible deal? Crabtree or Stewart? I think Stewart at this point...

And yes he wants Brown with the 1.03. He doesn't think much of WRs, as you can see...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Wow so you like:

1) Moreno

2) Crabtree

3) McCoy

all over Stewart?

I just made a deal and payed dearly. Now I was trying to move the pick right away for a proven WR however when that fell through I took Wells. I feel if you are in a win now situation you will do better with a guy like Wells (If he can stay healthy) than you will with Stewart.

I also have DWill on this team! Last night after I made the pick I was very unsure but the more I think about it....... I got a #1 RB on a team! How often can you be comfortable starting DWill and Stewart the same week?

I just made a deal and payed dearly. Now I was trying to move the pick right away for a proven WR however when that fell through I took Wells. I feel if you are in a win now situation you will do better with a guy like Wells (If he can stay healthy) than you will with Stewart.

I also have DWill on this team! Last night after I made the pick I was very unsure but the more I think about it....... I got a #1 RB on a team! How often can you be comfortable starting DWill and Stewart the same week?

I wish I would have known JStew and your 2nd was available. You could have had any WR on my team not named Colston or Moss.

I wish I would have known JStew and your 2nd was available. You could have had any WR on my team not named Colston or Moss.

See thats just it I was going after the AJ's and Fitz's of the world. That was the only reason I made the deal the way I did. I knew full well it may not happen but it was worth the risk.

In the end I drastically over payed for Wells. If he gets close to RB2 #'s this season I feel I still come out ok in the deal.

See thats just it I was going after the AJ's and Fitz's of the world. That was the only reason I made the deal the way I did. I knew full well it may not happen but it was worth the risk.

In the end I drastically over payed for Wells. If he gets close to RB2 #'s this season I feel I still come out ok in the deal.

I definitely see your perspective, and I share your optimism for Wells. I would be thrilled if he or Moreno fell to me at 3.

This is why I have put talks on hold for now, unless I am able to acquire another high pick. There's always a chance another owner enamored with Crabtree trades a RB to a team with a top 2 pick to get him, leaving me with one of those two guys. Our draft isn't until Aug 2nd, and like I said, the guy with Stewart has his hands tied in what he can do. So I will sit and wait until draft day, and then decide to make the deal. Who knows? He could become more impatient and offer a sweetheart of a deal. I know sometimes I will overpay just a smidge to get a guy I really want...

I'd make the trade. Stewart was a 1.3 pick last year and there's been nothing I've seen that'll change that. Sure, there's DeAngelo - but between the two you've got security at a very important position on a team that loves to run. AND... a year or two down the line Stewart or Williams might be traded which'll give you 2 starters.

I like how you want to keep your pick til the beginning of the draft and use it as bait til then, slightly deceptive and I like it. I don't think that the first deal you were offered for Jonathan Stewart is something that I would take though. While Stewart is a beast he's still a RBBC as opposed to Wells or Moreno (well maybe we should scratch Moreno...). Cross your fingers that Crabtree is there at three. If not have a backup plan to execute a trade if he isn't (if you can trade during the draft that is).

Upon completing a deal for DeAngelo Williams and the 1.03 rookie pick in a PPR dynasty, I have immediately received another offer

The Adda/Stewarti owner is squirming. He proposed either of the following:

Addai for Williams straight up (for me that's a hell no)

OR

Stewart for my 1.03 (very intriguing)

At first glance, it seems I should take the 2nd offer and run. I feel Stewart is better than any of the RBs in this draft, and with DeAngelo's contract about to expire, I could be looking at two starters in separate backfields. However I would be giving up a shot at Crabtree, and my WR core is aging.

I am attempting to acquire another pick in the first round to have a shot at a WR or QB, before I make this move.

Thoughts? Stewart of Crabtree?

As I have said, he has Stewart and Addai, and no first round pick. I can smell the desperation...

Here is my roster:

QB: Brady, Orton

RB: Peterson, DeAngelo, Grant, Ward, Maroney, BJackson, CTaylor, SMorris, KFaulk

WR: Randy, Roy, Ocho, AGonzo, Bradley, MJones, Floyd

TE: Cooley

Here's what I'd do to immediatley improve your team and win a championship this year. I've never played a dynasty league, but common sense tells me that if you have a team that can win now you should not think too much about the future and you should focus on winning now.

So, get Stewart for the 1.03 rookie pick. Stewart will solidy your backfield and he gives you the entire CAR running game that is tops in the league with maybe the best run blocking O-line (the other being MIN). The rookie pick probably won't help you win this year, so this protects your backfield, especially if DeAngelo be out for any length of time.

Then, I'd focus on building your WR corps a little stronger. How many WRs and RBs do you start? I'll assume 2 RBs and 2-3 WRs. I'd package Roy or Ocho with Cooley and try to upgrade at WR. I'd specifically target the Olsen owner because I believe strongly he will be near the top for TEs and he may be under-valued right now. If the Olsen owner has some top-end WRs, I'd get the best you can get. At this point, I haven't thought about it enough on who I think has more upside between Ocho and Roy - because you need to keep one of them when packaging the other. I'd even add both WRs if I could get one Fitzy or Andre Johnson type. Then you could start Moss, Fitz/AJ, AGonzo. It does no good to have good backups - in this case, I like AGonzo's upside with no Marvin in INDY that trading both Ocho and Roy (both too risky) for a top 4 WR makes even more sense as I type this.

So to summarize, you could field a starting lineup like this:

Brady

AD

DWill

Moss

Fitz/A.J.

AGonzo

Cooley/Olsen

Anyways, that's what I would do.

If Brady and Moss stay healthy, you have yourself a very strong squad

Here's what I'd do to immediatley improve your team and win a championship this year. I've never played a dynasty league, but common sense tells me that if you have a team that can win now you should not think too much about the future and you should focus on winning now.

So, get Stewart for the 1.03 rookie pick. Stewart will solidy your backfield and he gives you the entire CAR running game that is tops in the league with maybe the best run blocking O-line (the other being MIN). The rookie pick probably won't help you win this year, so this protects your backfield, especially if DeAngelo be out for any length of time.

Then, I'd focus on building your WR corps a little stronger. How many WRs and RBs do you start? I'll assume 2 RBs and 2-3 WRs. I'd package Roy or Ocho with Cooley and try to upgrade at WR. I'd specifically target the Olsen owner because I believe strongly he will be near the top for TEs and he may be under-valued right now. If the Olsen owner has some top-end WRs, I'd get the best you can get. At this point, I haven't thought about it enough on who I think has more upside between Ocho and Roy - because you need to keep one of them when packaging the other. I'd even add both WRs if I could get one Fitzy or Andre Johnson type. Then you could start Moss, Fitz/AJ, AGonzo. It does no good to have good backups - in this case, I like AGonzo's upside with no Marvin in INDY that trading both Ocho and Roy (both too risky) for a top 4 WR makes even more sense as I type this.

So to summarize, you could field a starting lineup like this:

Brady

AD

DWill

Moss

Fitz/A.J.

AGonzo

Cooley/Olsen

Anyways, that's what I would do.

If Brady and Moss stay healthy, you have yourself a very strong squad

In summary you are saying you would rather have the backup to a 300 point RB and hope for injury than to have the most probable Starter for the Broncos or Cardinals as well as the 300 point RB?

Dynasty is a different animal. You mentioned you have never played in a dynasty league so I give you a pass here. You have to play for the future and the win at the same time. When it comes to crunch time towards the end of the season you may make a deal to put you over the top that mortgages your future a bit. But..... You always have to have an eye on 2 or 3 seasons down the road or you will wind up spending years donating your money trying to rebuild your roster.

In summary you are saying you would rather have the backup to a 300 point RB and hope for injury than to have the most probable Starter for the Broncos or Cardinals as well as the 300 point RB?

Dynasty is a different animal. You mentioned you have never played in a dynasty league so I give you a pass here. You have to play for the future and the win at the same time. When it comes to crunch time towards the end of the season you may make a deal to put you over the top that mortgages your future a bit. But..... You always have to have an eye on 2 or 3 seasons down the road or you will wind up spending years donating your money trying to rebuild your roster.

In short, I'm saying that I would rather stabilize my RB corp by having the 2 of a 1-2 punch (Stewart) on a run-heavy/productive team The added bounus of securing Stewart is that he receives enough PT that if you had to start him because of an ADP injury, you would still have a productive backfield. I understand about keeping an eye on the future but I don't think one rookie will make or break his team now or in the future - we're only talking about 1 unproven rookie that he's giving up the rights to. Stewart is young himself and since the OP already has DWill, he's covered on the CAR running game that has a very good O-line.

You're right, I have never played in a dynasty league, but I am a game-theory guru and I believe my advice/strategy is top notch for the OP because he would be getting a 2nd year RB and potentially/hopefully a young WR with 8-10 years of production left. What advantage would the OP have over getting a rookie vs a 2nd year RB and a young stud WR? I'll answer that - none. Don't hate me because I'm smarter than you :wacko:

In short, I'm saying that I would rather stabilize my RB corp by having the 2 of a 1-2 punch (Stewart) on a run-heavy/productive team The added bounus of securing Stewart is that he receives enough PT that if you had to start him because of an ADP injury, you would still have a productive backfield. I understand about keeping an eye on the future but I don't think one rookie will make or break his team now or in the future - we're only talking about 1 unproven rookie that he's giving up the rights to. Stewart is young himself and since the OP already has DWill, he's covered on the CAR running game that has a very good O-line.

You're right, I have never played in a dynasty league, but I am a game-theory guru and I believe my advice/strategy is top notch for the OP because he would be getting a 2nd year RB and potentially/hopefully a young WR with 8-10 years of production left. What advantage would the OP have over getting a rookie vs a 2nd year RB and a young stud WR? I'll answer that - none. Don't hate me because I'm smarter than you :wacko:

LOL

There is an opening in a dynasty league if you would like to take a shot at it. I would be happy to swing a few deals with you for some backup RB's. :D

Edit to add.

As i said in an earlier post in this thread I had both and traded Stewart for the 1.04 which netted Wells.

In another league I have both and will keep Stewart. Reason being is you don't have to start a RB at all in this league so I can afford to keep Stewart on the bench until something shakes out in my favor in Carolina.

I don't see a situation presenting itself where keeping a backup over a starter makes sense unless there is an injury history which DWill does not have!

Edited by tbimm

LOL

There is an opening in a dynasty league if you would like to take a shot at it. I would be happy to swing a few deals with you for some backup RB's. :wacko:

Edit to add.

As i said in an earlier post in this thread I had both and traded Stewart for the 1.04 which netted Wells.

In another league I have both and will keep Stewart. Reason being is you don't have to start a RB at all in this league so I can afford to keep Stewart on the bench until something shakes out in my favor in Carolina.

I don't see a situation presenting itself where keeping a backup over a starter makes sense unless there is an injury history which DWill does not have!

1st and foremost - I would love to join a dynasty league, let me know if you can get me in. 2ndly - who's the starter that's getting passed up in my scenario? An unproven rookie? Anyways, we should let this disagreement die - BUT I am serious about joining a dynasty league if there is an opening.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd dump the 1.3 for Stew.

Worst case, we know Caro will use both backs ALOT.

While 1 will most likely get lost a bit in the Indy passing game. Personally I think Addai will fight and hold onto the lions share for a couple seasons.

And your idea about a contract year is also valid. Take the 2 backs in Caro and hope for an eventual split next year. Its the best option. Crabtree is nice but he may not peak for a few seasons and then you may have 2 top RBs, 1 of which you COULD trade if you need a TOP WR, which we agree Crabman may not achieve.

Man, totally rethinking my answer there. Probably too late. But I might take Crabtree and know Deangelo will be starting somewhere. Stewart could be in a 65:35 rotation for years and may even vanish. I think we all agree, Crabtree will at some point in the next year or 2, be a good WR and could rise to a legit top 5-8 guy shortly. And your WRs are indeed aging. My first instincts are always wrong. Small wonder that I'm still roaming the earth.

If JStew was in a 60:40 split last year coming in with an injury and a HC who prefers veterans, why would that ratio slip?

normally, I'd say that DWill is and will be the man until he can't do it any more, but CAR drafting a good RB this year suggests they may consider letting DWill walk after his contract is up. Even if DWill remains, JStew will definitely get his touches.

I went with the deal. I'm in win now mode, and Crabtree is not going to help me this year. JStew gives me a helluva back-up plan, should DeAngelo get hurt. I'm fielding WR upgrade offers as we speak--White and Bowe are the two I'm pushing for...