[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crabtree

I see alot of love for him and rightfully so. He's talented.

But can he step in that quickly in SF with a weak offensive unit?

I think the SF anchor will hinder him, maybe for years. No QB at all.

He's also not the fastest WR in the league. Without much on the other side, will he be easy to eliminate especially early in his career? Most leagues value RBs more as do mine. I pick 1.3 and am trying to compare him to the top 3 RBs.

Anyone have more to add or anything that I have bass ackward?

I have an interesting perspective. I was really high on Crabtree after his freshman season. I liked him so much, I was looking to acquire what I hoped would be a top 3 draft pick in '09 all that offseason to get the jump on getting him. I wasn't able to make what I felt was a good move all that season.

But, as I watched him, he wasn't nearly as dominant in year 2. Sure he won the award for top WR again, which is saying a lot. But teams adjusted for him. He didn't have nearly as many big games, and much less yardage in year two. My confidence in his abilities at the next level had wavered. If college defenses can limit him, I would imagine NFL Ds will have little trouble doing the same--and to a greater extent.

I have come full circle in my analysis. Recently I made a trade to greatly improve my team, and the 1.03 rookie pick. I know for certain that the two owners in front of me are going RB-RB, leaving me with the decision of Crabtree or another RB. I think now I have a more realistic view on him. I think long-term, he will be a good player. I don't think he will be Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald good, as some are saying, but more along the lines of a Chad Johnson or Roddy White type of guy.

He will get open and get his catches. He will be a good PPR player. But as far as having those hugh games 3-4 times a year like Johnson, Fitzgerald, and Moss, I think those aren't realistic expectations. I will probably take him, but I don't expect another Calvin Johnson. I will be happy with a guy who for his career averages 80-90 catches, 1300 yards, and 7-9 TDs. That will place him in the upper echelon most years, and in the Pro Bowl some years, but I don't see him as a top 5 fantasy production guy...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

That's kinda what I'm thinking, but I wonder how long for him.

I have 1.3 as well.

I have Addai and if Brown is there, I'll have a tough choice.

I'm currently working on a 3 way trade where I may get A Johnson and likely will use the 1.3 in that trade.

If not, I'll be swirling thoughts in my head about what to do.

That's kinda what I'm thinking, but I wonder how long for him.

I have 1.3 as well.

I have Addai and if Brown is there, I'll have a tough choice.

I'm currently working on a 3 way trade where I may get A Johnson and likely will use the 1.3 in that trade.

If not, I'll be swirling thoughts in my head about what to do.

Depending on your roster (feel free to display it and I'll take a gander), you may have to take Brown. I have never been an Addai fan, and I think his days are numbered. Brown may be the guy to make Addai the 2 in a 1-2 RB attack. Brown is of equal size, but with better speed and toughness in the hole.

The Addai owner in my league is furiously trying to deal with me for my 1.03 pick. He has offered JStew (I have DeAngelo). Haven't decided what's more important to me yet, a good PPR WR or a back-up RB that I will rarely get to play unless there's an injury (in which case it will pay to have him).

Dynasty league moves carry so many implications, when you make a bad one it can really hurt you. But if you make the right one, you feel validated. That's what makes it so fun and addictive. Good luck, which ever way you decide to go. Neither would be the "wrong" decision, just depends on what you feel is best for your team...

From another post I made:

Q: Manning (Orton, Leinert) - minimum for success. Nice to have Manning but he better thrive

R: ADP, JLew, McGahee (Addai, McFadden) - should be a good group, also have pick 1.3 so could get DBrown or similar

W: Holmes, Galloway (Breaston, Engram, Rice) - this is troublesome

T: Carlson (VDavis) - could be a solid group

K: Bironas (Rackers) - good group

D: Ravens (TB) - check

As you can see, my WRs are sad. I've had trouble for all 5 years in this league trying to find a WR. I tried to trade Rgrant or RBrown for a WR, but ended up trading them both for ADP.

Holmes is progressing. Galloway's move to the Pats 'could' help some. If Boldin gets traded, that would be nice for Breaston. I thought Rice may make a move but starting to doubt it a bit. Engram is dropping over the edge.

I'd love to use my picks now to get a semi-young top 5-10 WR since its a glaring hole.

I've always liked Addai, but he certainly was soft. Tis threat may be enough to push him either harder or over the edge. Hedging my bets and getting DBrown may be the answer at 1.3, but its my last tradeable piece to find a WR.

From another post I made:

Q: Manning (Orton, Leinert) - minimum for success. Nice to have Manning but he better thrive

R: ADP, JLew, McGahee (Addai, McFadden) - should be a good group, also have pick 1.3 so could get DBrown or similar

W: Holmes, Galloway (Breaston, Engram, Rice) - this is troublesome

T: Carlson (VDavis) - could be a solid group

K: Bironas (Rackers) - good group

D: Ravens (TB) - check

As you can see, my WRs are sad. I've had trouble for all 5 years in this league trying to find a WR. I tried to trade Rgrant or RBrown for a WR, but ended up trading them both for ADP.

Holmes is progressing. Galloway's move to the Pats 'could' help some. If Boldin gets traded, that would be nice for Breaston. I thought Rice may make a move but starting to doubt it a bit. Engram is dropping over the edge.

I'd love to use my picks now to get a semi-young top 5-10 WR since its a glaring hole.

I've always liked Addai, but he certainly was soft. Tis threat may be enough to push him either harder or over the edge. Hedging my bets and getting DBrown may be the answer at 1.3, but its my last tradeable piece to find a WR.

Your RBs are decent enough. I would take Crabtree with that roster. If he is picked before you, there are likely owners that will be interested in trading up for one of those RBs. So you may be able to move that pick for a top 10 WR on draft day, if Crabtree is gone. That would be the best situation for you. You have a team that can make some noise with a legit threat at WR. I'd rather shoot for a proven guy than wait for Crabtree to mature (could be anywhere from one to three years). If that fails, take Crabtree, Moreno, or Wells--whoever is left...

Moreno 1.1, Wells went 1.2

Looks like Crabtree or DBrown. I'm thinking Crabtree.

I may be able to trade my 1.3 and 1.11 for the 1.5 and 1.9 and maybe something else. I wonder if Crabtree would be there at 1.5. Especially if I traded the rights to DBrown at 1.3 and not the 1.3 itself. I think the 1.4 will be the Jets RB since he's a Jets fan and he almost choked on his lunch when I mentioned possibly taking him.

Argh, I may have to take the better safe than sorry route of Crabtree. Maybe at 1.11 take the remaining QB or Maclin.

New developments:

I had several trade offers for the 1.3+

I had offers for an expensive Boldin ($21M) that was similar to an offer I had for Wayne ($14).

The Wayne trade was slightly higher, not much, but I went with it. I can sign Wayne as long as I want, probably 3-4 years. $14M is high, but in line with top WRs. Boldin is way over and I'd have to franchise or some other move to keep him past this year. Plus, he's disgruntled and has far more injury issues than Wayne. Boldin has more protection, but Wayne should be less risky.

So:

Wayne and 3.5

for

1.3, 1.11 and 3.3

I gave up likely Crabtree and maybe QB#2 or WR3 or RB6. I liked Crabtree, he cerainly has potential, but Wayne and my team are there now. I can always finish 3-4 in the league or make a stab now to win it. I just need to be vigilant to find a future stud via the waiver wire this season.

New developments:

I had offers for an expensive Boldin ($21M) that was similar to an offer I had for Wayne ($14).

The Wayne trade was slightly higher, not much, but I went with it. I can sign Wayne as long as I want, probably 3-4 years. $14M is high, but in line with top WRs. Boldin is way over and I'd have to franchise or some other move to keep him past this year. Plus, he's disgruntled and has far more injury issues than Wayne. Boldin has more protection, but Wayne should be less risky.

So:

Wayne and 3.5

for

1.3, 1.11 and 3.3

I gave up likely Crabtree and maybe QB#2 or WR3 or RB6. I liked Crabtree, he cerainly has potential, but Wayne and my team are there now. I can always finish 3-4 in the league or make a stab now to win it. I just need to be vigilant to find a future stud via the waiver wire this season.

Well done. Wayne is exactly the type of guy you needed in this deal.

New developments:

So:

Wayne and 3.5

for

1.3, 1.11 and 3.3

Let us know who you lost in trading those picks ans who you gained at 3.5. .

Looks like I lose Crabtree (1.3) and Sanchez (1.11) and Barden, Ramses NYG WR (3.1)

I wasn't going to draft Barden anyway, so the slide to 3.5 does nothing. Looks like Pettigrew, Brandon DET is the only TE taken so far, so likely will take a TE at 3.5.

Basically looks like Crabtree and Sanchez for Wayne

Frankly, I would have taken EXACTLY those players. I thought Sanchez would be the 1st QB, but someone took Stafford instead at 1.9.

In retrospect, I still like the trade, but I like Crabtree and Sanchez too. But neither would help me win THIS season.

In my 2 big moves I pick up

Wayne and ADP

for

RBrown, RGrant (expensive), Crabtree and Sanchez

I normally like to keep youthful to a degree, but I sold out this season. I'll have to hunker down next season and go young with my picks. Hopefully though, I'll still be strutting around with Wayne and ADP and not regretting getting 2 guys for 4 players.