[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Keeper Trade Offer was made

Okay, so thank you everyone for your advice on keeping Megatron over picking up Marshall.

Here is an offer I fielded today:

Once again we can spend $70 or keep 5 players pre-draft. Our total cap limit is $200 for the season. (btw, we incorporate all rookies and non-kept players into our auction draft at the end of the pre-season)

Currently other notables (other than rookies) that will be available in the draft are:

RBs:

Portis

Larry Johnson

J. Stewart

Kev. Smith

LT

DMac

Ray Rice

Thomas Jones

McGahee

WRs:

maybe Steve Smith(Car.)

Plax

Roy Williams

Fitz

Boldin

T.O.

Ocho Cinco

Here is my current keeper situation:

$12 RB M Turner

$1 RB R Grant

WR $5 Braylon Edwards

WR $5 Wes Welker

WR $27 Calvin "Megatron" Johnson

total pre-draft keeper value: $50

I am being offered $20 Marion Barber for $1 Ryan Grant.

Should I stay put and keep $1 Grant and have $150 to play with in the draft OR do you consider $20 Barber a considerable upgrade over $1 Grant and only have $101 extra to play with in the draft?

If I made the deal I would have Turner and Barber at RB with Megatron, Welker and Edwards at $69.

Thanks for your advice!

One thing you haven't mentioned, and if you did, sorry, I missed it, is how much salaries change from year to year. Is Grant at $1 locked up for the next 5+ years ata gauranteed rate of increase, or will next year's salary depend on this year's performance?

Even without this info though, I would keep Grant at $1 instead of trading for Barber at $20. That's like drafting Barber in the 2nd, or being able to draft Grant in the 6th or 7th. Much better value on Grant, leaving money to improve your team elsewhere.

And whatever you do, do not give up CJ unless you are saving tons of cash to spend elsewhere or getting a top 5 type player.

One thing you haven't mentioned, and if you did, sorry, I missed it, is how much salaries change from year to year. Is Grant at $1 locked up for the next 5+ years ata gauranteed rate of increase, or will next year's salary depend on this year's performance?

Even without this info though, I would keep Grant at $1 instead of trading for Barber at $20. That's like drafting Barber in the 2nd, or being able to draft Grant in the 6th or 7th. Much better value on Grant, leaving money to improve your team elsewhere.

And whatever you do, do not give up CJ.

Agree with all and fixed the part about CJ...