[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to Keep 3 out of these 5...WHIR

PPR League...12 teams/ 16 players each.

Passing

1 point for every 25 Passing Yards ALL

3 extra points when total Passing Yards is greater than or equal to 300 ALL

2 points for every Two-Point Conversion Passing ALL

5 points for every Passing TD ALL

-2 points for every Interception ALL

Rushing

Rule Apply To

1 point for every 10 Rushing Yards ALL

2 extra points when total Rushing Yards is greater than or equal to 135 ALL

2 points for every Two-Point Conversion Rushing ALL

6 points for every Rushing TD ALL

Receiving

1 point for every Catch QB, RB, WR, TE, K

1 point for every 10 Receiving Yards ALL

2 extra points when total Receiving Yards is greater than or equal to 135 ALL

2 points for every Two-Point Conversion Receiving ALL

6 points for every Receiving TD

Braylon was a HUGE dud for me last year so now I'm torn between:

T.O, Braylon, Willie Parker, Jonathan Stewart, McNabb? Only can keep 3 of these guys. Finished 5th last year so will have the 7th pick in the draft. Thanks for any insight you guys may have.

I'm leaning to T.O, Willie Parker and McNabb.

T.O is in a contract year, Willie is also in a contract year. McNabb is risky but the QB scoring seems like a good fit to offset his injury risk. Leave me a link.

Edited by Asskickas

Is there a limit on how long you can retain this year's keepers, and/or cost for each player kept? I know you can't predict the future, but based on past experience & knowledge of the other owners, how many top tier QBs do you expect will be retained, & thus will be off the draft board?

Personally, I'm of the feeling that QBs should almost never be retained whatever the scoring scheme, unless we are talking Brees or Brady, or Peyton ... I might be tempted to re-think that in your situation (McNabb is a borderline keeper, just outside the "top tier" group) if you think that most/many other teams will be keeping QBs, or if this is a "start 2 QB" league, which sounds doubtful.

If you can keep your keepers forever, I might be reluctant to let Stewart get away ... maybe just a gut feeling, but I think you'll regret it if you don't keep him, maybe not this season, but certainly 2-3 years from now - in addition, if you have the option of starting 3 RBs each week, even if he gets 10 carries a game next year, I have a feeling he will be worth plugging into your lineup. Owens is likely good for missing 3 games, and for being invisible in 2 or 3 others ... and I'm not on the Trent Edwards band wagon ... add in BUF cold weather ... TO is a player that I will stay away from in all of my re-draft leagues.

Braylon - who knows? Unless some solid news that helps you make a decision comes forth before you must declare your keepers, he's a total wild card.

When all is said & done, given what background you've provided, I think I'd be inclined to keep:

- W. Parker

- J. Stewart

- Braylon or McNabb ... likely McNabb, despite my usual lack of positive regard for FF QB value in general

Good luck whatever you decide.

Is there a limit on how long you can retain this year's keepers, and/or cost for each player kept?

When all is said & done, given what background you've provided, I think I'd be inclined to keep:

- W. Parker

- J. Stewart

- Braylon or McNabb ... likely McNabb, despite my usual lack of positive regard for FF QB value in general

Good luck whatever you decide.

No limit. Any 3 players can be kept indefinitely.

And yeah I know I should have better keepers but I won the title in year 1 and had the last pick in year 2. No excuses but let's just say some guys didn't pan out for me and now I have to work with what I'm left with. As each year goes by the decision on who to keep gets harder. I could've had Turner the Burner at # 5 overall last year but nooooo I stupidly picked Earnest Graham who was ranked higher on most cheat sheets. :wacko:

Lots of luck involved in fantasy. Last year was tough for me in several leagues. In one league I drafted round 1 Addai Rd 2 MBIII, Round 3 Colston, Rd 4 Carson Palmer and then in rd 5 Winslow. Great draft according to cheatsheets but I finsihed 8th of 10 since EVERYONE got hurt or underachieved badly.

McNabb is out. Nothing in the scoring system stands out to make him any more valuable, so unless it is a start two QB league as ts noted, he is the least valuable of the options.

If I am building a team to win this year without much eye on the future, I keep TO, Braylon and Parker.

If I I am looking longer term, add in Stewart in place of Parker or TO.

The way I work keepers, this is the way I'd lean, going with Stewart, Parker and Edwards - I keep my younger upside players, and keep a starting RB, so I can focus on WR in the draft with the 7 pick (IMO, more likely to get WR value there than RB value, thus the reason I keep Parker over TO - if your league history shows a different trend, let us know and adjust accordingly)

The above is also assuming a fairly standard lineup requirement of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and a flex RB/WR/TE. If yours is significantly different than that, let us know, as advice would likely shift accordingly.

Edited by Big Country

good post.

My post was biased in that I think Mendenhall takes over this year for Parker. I'm probably wrong.

This factored into my thinking, but my current perception is that at best Mendenhall works into some sort of split with Parker. This of course can change as camps/preseason proceed, but I am answering based on needing to make a decision today. If keepers aren;t announced until much later, then this very well may change.