[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reception points advice

I am thinking about adding reception points to my local league's scoring this season and am looking for any quick advice... pros, cons. Is it advisable to use .25 points per reception or .5?

Another twist to help even out positions is to use different PPR's per position, such as .25 for a RB catch, .50 for a WR catch and 1.00 for a TE catch, or double those amounts can be used too.

If you are going with a flat scale, I would use 0.5 PPR as a minimum. (1.0 could also be used). .25 PPR won't make much of a difference.

Main effects of adding PPR to a league -

- RBs that have significant roles in the passing game see their overall value go up significantly (Westbrook, MJD, Bush off top of my head - Bush is prime example of this. In a PPR, he can be a top 10-15 back, higher if he;d stay healthy, in a non-PPR, he is borderline flex material depending on size and structure of league)

- Mid-level WRs see there value surpass that of mid-tier RBs when considering flex positions.

- Overall, WRs do not see major bumps in their overall value at the upper levels vs. the other positions, the biggest affect is in the upper, non-elite WRs vs. their RB counterparts.

:wacko:

:D

We have a very "traditional" bunch of owners (read: scared pissless of change). Its a good bunch of guys and gals, but anything which upsets the apple cart gets them in a frenzy. Case in point - I can count the number of trades last season on one hand - and I was involved in at least 2 of them.

We have a very "traditional" bunch of owners (read: scared pissless of change). Its a good bunch of guys and gals, but anything which upsets the apple cart gets them in a frenzy. Case in point - I can count the number of trades last season on one hand - and I was involved in at least 2 of them.

The owners in my long time auction local (15th year coming up) are like that; although we trade like mad fools. We introduced PPR two years ago. Owners were concerned at how much more valuable RB's were than WR's and wanted to level the playing field somewhat, so we instituted a .5 PPR for WR and TE (not required) only. Seems to work well. NO complaints.