[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Pirate Fans

SLAYER

Andrew McCutchen is going to be a superstar for year's to come.

4 for 5 tonight, 3 Homers, 6 RBI's

It's so nice to see a prospect exceed the hype. He is the real deal.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew McCutchen is going to be a superstar for year's to come.

4 for 5 tonight, 3 Homers, 6 RBI's

It's so nice to see a prospect exceed the hype. He is the real deal.

The Yankees are so psyched right now

The Yankees are so psyched right now

Though it is true that they are likely to eventually lose McCutchen, because baseball is a joke in regards to it's lack of a salary cap, the way for small market teams to build is to get a lot of young kids and hope that they can come up together and give you solid years of contention before that group becomes free agents after six years of service in the majors. The Pirates finally "get it". You can't do this stuff half-way, trading some veterans, but, keeping others. You have to go all the way with it, and the Pirates finally did. Luckily, McCutchen is only 22 years old and has a 6 more years before he becomes a free agent.

Edited by Menudo

Though it is true that they are likely to eventually lose McCutchen, because baseball is a joke in regards to it's lack of a salary cap, the way for small market teams to build is to get a lot of young kids and hope that they can come up together and give you solid years of contention before that group becomes free agents after six years of service in the majors. The Pirates finally "get it". You can't do this stuff half-way, trading some veterans, but, keeping others. You have to go all the way with it, and the Pirates finally did. Luckily, McCutchen is only 22 years old and has a 6 more years before he becomes a free agent.

Joking aside their young talent really looks great. If they stop the trend of being the farm system for the Haves this team could gel nicely in the upcoming years.

Joking aside their young talent really looks great. If they stop the trend of being the farm system for the Haves this team could gel nicely in the upcoming years.

Sadly, they will eventually be a farm system for someone, but, hopefully, they will have some years of contention before that time comes. The Pirates haven't had a .500 or better season in 16 years (about to break a pro sports record), so, it has been painful. However, I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, as I've got the Steelers and Penguins to help relieve my misery. :wacko:

recent experience with sf wasn't too pleasing for your bucs......swept, then giving sanchez.

Oh, don't worry, the Pirates WILL struggle the remainder of this year and next year. I'm not delusional to that fact. Also, the Giants have some impressive pitching. Getting Lincecum and Cain in the same series is deadly to opposing hitters.

As for the Freddy trade, I've got no problem with that from the Pirates end, though I know it is great for the Giants. The Pirates gave no cash to the Giants and picked-up Alderson, who at 20, is thought of as a sure-thing prospect. The one area of the Pirates farm system that is a bit thin, even after all the trades is starting pitching. There was no reason to keep Freddy around, as, once you decide to blow this up, you have to go through with it.

Edited by Menudo

• 5 weeks later...