[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Options In SanFran

Wpob

I am hearing that Josh Morgan has been outstanding in camp to the point that the 1-2 WR will be Crabtree and Morgan just to get them on the field more. With Bruce and Jason Hill as the other WR, Coffee and Gore at RB and a decent Hill at QB, could San Fran surprise everyone with more than a few quality fantasy players? Esp. since they play Seattle, Arizona and St. Louis twice each?

Morgan showed some flashes last year (I grabbed him off the WW in one league, and used him for a couple of games to cover byes/injuries) but I'm pretty leery about expecting anything like consistent FF performance from pretty much any SFO player ... even Gore last season (prior to the injury) was somewhat hit or miss from week to week from a fantasy perspective.

Buyer beware I guess ... if you can carry a couple of SFO guys on your roster with the idea of using them on the weeks where they have "soft opponents", you may see some dividends, but I certainly don't plan on trying to build my team around any of them.

I don't see it...although I see the logic behind the question.

Well, I picked up Morgan late last year and held him this off season in hopes of himbecoming a viable #3/4 WR for my team. I am hoping he will be a viable bye week/match up friendly option.

I love me some Josh Morgan. Like you, I have read that the 49ers are really impressed with him and want him to start along with Crabtree. Still, he doesn't seem to be getting any respect which is OK - he hasn't done anything yet. Still, I don't think more than two SFO receivers will be viable FF-wise, and I don't see Coffee being usable unless Gore goes down. DeShaun Foster put up some decent numbers in Gore's absence last year, so it might be worth stashing Coffee in case that happens again. I do think Hill can be a decent #2 QB if last year is any indication