[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeping Thomas Jones?

Opie, I think top-flight RBs usually go for mid to high $30 range, so that should give some perspective. Personally I'm on the fence, but given what RBs you could get for $16 I think it's not a really bad deal

Opie, I think top-flight RBs usually go for mid to high $30 range, so that should give some perspective. Personally I'm on the fence, but given what RBs you could get for $16 I think it's not a really bad deal

This.

It is not a bad deal, but it isn't exactly a great value. Guess it really comes down to who you think will be available in your auction, what you can get them for, and what other options you have for keepers to determine if lockin Jones in for 16 is worth it, or if it is better to free up the cap space and head into the auction.

Top end guys do generally go high 20's to low 30's. I think LT went for 40 last year as the highest player. Obviously so much for one guy paints you in to a corner, but spending 60% or so on two or three guys, which isn't that odd, means you have to judge right when it comes to the cheaper guys.

Interesting. I'll have to try this someday.

It's pretty standard auction strategy. Shoot your wad on 2-3 stars, then fill in with low cost upside, essentially sacrificing depth for quality or you go with the ignore the superstars and try and hawk in on value guys just below that level. I've seen both strategies work, and I've seen both strategies fizzle.

The salary cap league I am participating in the owner currently has him for 20 dollars and expect him to keep him for one more season. So 16 is not bad and its not great, but he is probably worth keeping for one more year.

Not sure about his, but in mine you can. There is risk with that because it allows others to steal him a way from you. The price is about right, its right on the fence so I couldn't blame a guy for releasing him or keeping him. It would really depend on whats out there in free agency.

I could release him with the hopes of picking him up for less, but I am uncertain of his value with who I suspect other owners will keep. Not that I expect there to be no backs available, guys like portis or sjax will most likely be around, but I would like to hold on to a guy who could probably be a solid number 2 guy with the hopes of more and not have to worry about trying to pick up two decent backs. I guess i just cant commit to the idea that he will perform as at least a number 2 guy this year.

The salary cap league I am participating in the owner currently has him for 20 dollars and expect him to keep him for one more season. So 16 is not bad and its not great, but he is probably worth keeping for one more year.

Is it also a $100 cap? Making sure this is an apples-to-apples comparison.