[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper RB's

Ronnie Brown for sure IMO. I think he's due for a big rebound year. I don't like Grant all that much and just get the feel that he can't stay healthy.

Ronnie Brown was great in 2007 before the injury, he was still pretty good in 2008 even with Ricky around. I think he will have a really good year in 2009. I think he will be more consistent than Grant this year. Grant could be just as good but I think Brown has a higher ceiling in 2009.

Edited by oubean

Brown. And for me, it's not even close. To me, Brown is much much closer to CJ than Grant.

Grant and for me it's close. Brown is an injury waiting to happen if he's given a lot of carries.

I think Grant will rebound with the team this year. Last season with the holdout he missed TC, then had an injury and played behind a weaker line than Brown.

I'm glad you guys are downgrading Ryan Grant.

It's not so much downgrading Grant as much as Brown is a true stud from day one. As I see it Grant's success has been a little more about opportunity than talent.

Before his ACL tear, Brown was the man in the league.

Why is Brown more of an injury risk than Grant?

He's not. Randall is a Packers' Homer, so Grant is obviously going to be worth more to him as he looks at things through his cheddar-framed glasses. :wacko:

I'll go to my standby -

Solicit offers on both... take the best deal, keep the other one.

+1 - but if the offers are the same (ir there about) keep Brown.

I'll go to my standby -

Solicit offers on both... take the best deal, keep the other one.

+1 - but if the offers are the same (ir there about) keep Brown.

Well, the corollary to my standby advice, which does play off of Wpob's point, is if you already know which one you prefer and are going to keep, still solicit offers on both so as to not tip your hand and lessen your bargaining position, then just take the offer on the guy you weren't going to keep anyway.

Some rules to live by:

1. never tip your hand.

2. never get involved in a land war in Asia

3. never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

:wacko: Well played,

Assssss Youuuuuuu Wiiiisssshhhhh

It's not so much downgrading Grant as much as Brown is a true stud from day one. As I see it Grant's success has been a little more about opportunity than talent.

Before his ACL tear, Brown was the man in the league.

Why is Brown more of an injury risk than Grant?

Brown hasn't been a stud in well over a calender year. Take out the wildcat game against the Pats and his numbers are horrific. I do agree that Grant's success has more to do with his situation and team, but fantasy football doesn't give you points for being the most talented.

I also agree, in 07 before Brown tore his ACL, he was the man. Of course, that ACL did tear, a new coaching staff took over, and the offense changed.

I was a lot higher on Brown a few months ago. I started to research him as I was targeting him in a trade, and I was surprised...

Last year he went for 100 yards in a game three times.

Only six times did he get 15 or more carries.

Of his 10 touchdowns, 4 of them came in week 3.

Only twice did Brown rush for 60 or more yards and score a TD.

In my opinion his ceiling is going to stay low. He's in a system that doesn't utilize one primary back- It's a full blown RBBC. He's proven to be injury prone and is on a team that will see the Pats of Old return and one of the Ryan boys taking over New York which will make that defense better from day one. This isn't the same player/team/coaching scheme that was around in 07 and I think some of you are forgetting that. The 07 Brown is gone, and he isn't coming back.

He's not. Randall is a Packers' Homer, so Grant is obviously going to be worth more to him as he looks at things through his cheddar-framed glasses. :wacko:

He is. Ryan Grant has never had an injury serious enough that he missed games. Brown has missed 13 games in four years. Brown isn't durable.

I think he did fantastic his first year back from ACL reconstruction :wacko:

Sure, but he's not the guy he was before the ACL injury.

Last year he went for 100 yards in a game three times.

Only six times did he get 15 or more carries.

Of his 10 touchdowns, 4 of them came in week 3.

Only twice did Brown rush for 60 or more yards and score a TD.

:wacko:

I think it takes more than a year to fully recover. This is the year for him to be a boom or bust.

I think that's why those that lean towards Ryan Grant are doing so...because Ronnie Brown does carry more risk. I think that how teams respond to the Wildcat, now with an off season to prepare fo it, will be interesting. No one wil be caught by surprise this year.