[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade help

I'm playing a fantasy league and I grabbed Gore in the first round, about two picks above a 49'ers fan who was desperate to get him. seven rounds later he offers me this trade

I give Frank Gore, Marion Barber

He gives Clinton Portis, Steve Smith

I counter proposed with

Frank Gore, Jerricho Cotchery

Clinton Portis, Steve Smith

but he declined.

He then Counter proposed with the same, as the first time, except he would also give me his eigth round pick

Here are our teams so far

{Him}

Adrian Peterson RB, Clinton Portis RB, Steve Smith WR, Jason Witten TE, T.J. Houshmanzadeh WR, Kurt Warner QB, Eddie Royal WR

[Me]

Frank Gore RB, Tom Brady QB , Marion Barber RB, Roy E Williams WR, Jerricho Cotchery WR, Darren McFadden RB, Titand D/ST

Its a PPR league, and i just wanted you guys' opinions on if i should take the first offer, or if you think there is a better counter proposal.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

So he offered you his 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 1st and 3rd round picks? What a sweetheart. Then again, you took a QB in the 2nd and a defense in the 7th (assuming players are listed in draft order), so he probably thinks you are a sucker (unless your league has some uniques scoring/lineup rules)

The 1st deal is garbage. You give two solid RBs

What are your lineup requirements? How many teams? I'm guessing 8 based on where the players on your teams were drafted, but 10 is possible. Also, assuming players are listed in draft order, how would he get Peterson plus a pick two behind you where you took Gore? What draft slots do you each have?

Your counter is a fine offer as you take a bit of a hit at RB to get a better improvement at WR, a pretty standard trade, though other than his interest in Gore, why the desire to trade him?

So he offered you his 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 1st and 3rd round picks? What a sweetheart. Then again, you took a QB in the 2nd and a defense in the 7th (assuming players are listed in draft order), so he probably thinks you are a sucker (unless your league has some uniques scoring/lineup rules)

The 1st deal is garbage. You give two solid RBs

What are your lineup requirements? How many teams? I'm guessing 8 based on where the players on your teams were drafted, but 10 is possible. Also, assuming players are listed in draft order, how would he get Peterson plus a pick two behind you where you took Gore? What draft slots do you each have?

Your counter is a fine offer as you take a bit of a hit at RB to get a better improvement at WR, a pretty standard trade, though other than his interest in Gore, why the desire to trade him?

No, you're right. I was thinking of someone else when i said two picks behind.

It's a ten person draft and someone had selected Drew Brees five picks before mine so i took Tom Brady and the pick after mine Peyton Manning was taken. And it was the same with the Defense, otherwise i would NEVER have picked them so early.

I really actually dont want to trade him, i was just wondering if i could get a good deal out of it.

I have the Seventh pick and he has the first.

Edited by Whoa Titan

No, you're right. I was thinking of someone else when i said two picks behind.

It's a ten person draft and someone had selected Drew Brees five picks before mine so i took Tom Brady and the pick after mine Peyton Manning was taken. And it was the same with the Defense, otherwise i would NEVER have picked them so early.

I really actually dont want to trade him, i was just wondering if i could get a good deal out of it.

I have the Seventh pick and he has the first.

Draft Tip - Don't follow the runs, start them.

Excellent advice. And like I used to hear, if your friends would jump off a bridge would you? Each and every year I laugh at anyone that takes a defense or kicker early because it always seems at the end of the year 3-4 of the top 5 kickers are free agents and at least 2 of the top D's are free agents.

By the way, don't make the trade.

+1

To add, don't take a Kicker and Defense until the two very last rounds. Let the others run on those positions earlier, while you gobble up valuable depth for your squad.

+1

To add, don't take a Kicker and Defense until the two very last rounds. Let the others run on those positions earlier, while you gobble up valuable depth for your squad.

BPA for me, some leagues the top 5 Defense score alot example